Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how many cc's for restriction 14cc

How many cc's for restriction 14cc  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How many cc's for restriction 14cc

• 13 or 14

well i know whats working for me is no suagr free candy and walking 2-3 miles a day everyday i lost 11 pds this month,hope u get it to dan,i know i kinda got more than i really wanted right now but aint gonna compalin.keep up the good work

I finally saw my surgeon yesterday - I am now up to 8cc's. I had gained a few pounds a couple of weeks ago but lost it without realizing it. I told him I was still able to eat anything - some foods slower than others but I was more concerned at the portion sizes that I was able to consume at times. We'll see how 8cc's are.....

i have 9cc in a 14 cc band and i can tell a huge differance/things i liked before dont taste good anymore,i go back april 15,i don t have a scale but i know ive lost

As of yesterday I am now at 18.8cc's in my 14cc band. Yep, you heard it right, I am nearly 5cc's past what you would think would be full. They still asure me it is safe and acceptable. I would have to say that right now I am finally feeling some restriction but the first two days after a fill are usually the tightest anyway so I reserve judgement for a couple days. I have another appointment in two weeks. I will let you guys know if this one actually makes a difference.

well big dan its good to know u can go passed 14cc,do u exersize alot i walk 3 miles a day.i have 9ccs in mine.but i was surpose to after fill be on liquids 2/3 days then soft 2 then food.i didnt do this.anyway some stuff i can eat and some i cant i get sick on it,even crystal light before this fiill i loved all them now jnust grape i can drink,i go back april 15 foir 4th,how long have u had yr band?how much so far have u lost?thanks

I usually work out (cardio and strength training) 30+ minutes about 5 times per week. I have had my band 11 months and have lost about 48 lbs.

well thats great dan,keep up the great work,can us till eat pretty much what u want.wish i could,but noticed a big change,i have to force my self to get in more Protein,

Up to this point I have been able to eat anything and in large quantities. That is why I am hoping I finally have some real restriction this time.

gosh dan hope so to it starts working,i know i noticed a huge differance this last fill.whens yr nxt one?ive lost 38 pds,11 pds last month.and 5 so far this one,i just got to get exersizing ,which to be honest i hate lol,keep me posted ok

My next appointment is in two weeks. Right now I feel good restriction but I normally do for a day or two after a fill. This one does seem like more though so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Well, it sucks to be me. At my last appointment I met with the surgeon and he was alarmed that at 19cc' I still had no restriction. He sent me for an upper GI. The results showed that the band was in perfect position but the barium was not going down the center of the band as you would expect. Suspects erosion. Next I get an EGD (camera down the throat) and they see no erosion but they are able to run the camera through my band. Now to put this in perspective the openning with 19cc's in should be like a pin hole but they put got the camera through! The camera is about as big around as your pinky finger! So, the surgeon concluded that there is something wrong with the band and it needs to come out. They also mentioned seeing another hole (the doctor that did the EGD) buy my surgeon didn't mention it. So, in two days I will have my band removed. Then heal for a few months and maybe have it replaced. I feel sick even thinking about another surgery. :smile:

OMG Dan, I am so so so sorry. I have failed with my band so far, but in my case, I am the problem.

I will pray to see a post one day from you soon that you are doing great and losing like crazy.

Please keep us posted...I will be thinking about you.

Hi,

I had my first fill today 4/15/09. I had surgery on 3/16/09. I found out I have the large band that holds 14 cc. I asked the nurse and she said some people have larger stomachs than others and that some people are more muscular than others. I think she was being nice. I also found out that my doctor (Benevides) put in 6 cc. during the surgery. I have been hungry and eating regularly while maintaining my diet. I have lost 45 lbs overall and 29 since surgery. They added 1.5 cc today. I have been reading about others getting much less, but all I can say is it's feeling pretty good right now. I am drinking liquids and won't get to eat solid food for another 3 days. The only problems I have been running across is when I eat to fast or drink when I eat. Those are the only problems I've had. I have been able to eat pretty much anything I want, but have been careful to stay on the diet. So far so good.....stay tuned. Hang in there Big Dan, we will pray for you bud.

Regards,

Ikerry

weight.png

i had my 4th fill yesterday,and i made sure i didnt make the mistake i made with my 3rd fill,the first 2 fills i ate right after.the 3rd fill when i did this i was sick for weeks after,i should have gone on liquids for 2 days then softies 2 then food.im making sure this time i do it right,and so far i havent felt sick, i now have 10 cc in my 14 cc band