Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how many cc's for restriction 14cc

How many cc's for restriction 14cc  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How many cc's for restriction 14cc

• 13 or 14

He must be being very conservative with his fills. I do feel a little restriction now that I did not have before because one Protein Shake fills me up. I was pigging out so bad before, almost as bad as before surgery! I've been on liquids for two days and I may try to eat a little bit later tonight and see how it feels. So goes the battle!!

I also have a 14cc band and am almost to 11cc. I still need more restriction I think. I can eat too much. Certain foods are starting to be difficult though so I know I'm close. Looking forward to not being able to eat those bread products again. My doctor is Dr. Garth Davis (if you've ever seen Big Medicine on TLC or Discovery Health...that's him). He and his PA have told me that the protocol for fills for the band is 1cc per fill. That's all the Lap Band company approves and says is safe per fill. Be careful with dr's who are willing to put in more after surgery.

Just checking in (for anybody that has followed my journey) to say that I have decided to get another band and am scheduled for October 26th. Now I get to be all nervous all over again. :)

Hi Everyone

I´ve had an up and down summer/fall. Went from 9.8 to 10.2, and that was bad, so they took me back to 9.6 for about 6 weeks, then tried 10.1, nope. Was coughing and when I talked it sounded like I needed to clear my throat. So back to 9.6 for another 6 weeks. Then to 9.8 and was able to eat too much.

Now I´m at 10 since last Thursday. Was doing pretty good, but had bronchitis, and went into a coughing fit yesterday morning and vomited 3 times before going to work. :eek:It really hurt. So put a call in to the nurse, by the time she was able to make contact with me, things had calmed. It took most of the day to get down a 17 oz bottle of Water, but by the evening I could do chicken broth s-l-o-w-l-y. Today much better than yesterday.

On full liquids today. Hoping this will work for me, cause otherwise I´m going to have to go back to 9.8, and am afraid that´s all my body can tolerate. Anyway, hoping three times is the charm!:)

Hi everyone,

I was banded on July 6 with a 14mL band...had to wait about 7 weeks post-op for my first fill of 4 mL. Since then I've had an additional 3 fills...1mL, 1mL and yesterday .5mL. I'm really feeling restriction now which is odd considering she only put in .5mL.

Has anyone out there experienced something similar? That is, getting a small fill but noticing a big difference in restriction? I'm on liquids for 2 days and tomorrow start soft food. I'm getting liquids down but I feel this constand pressure in my neck/throat area which I'm sure is from the band. I'm now wondering if it is too tight and I need to get a small de-fill? Or stick with it for a few days and wait and see what happens.

What do you think?

Mary

Hi Everyone

I´ve had an up and down summer/fall. Went from 9.8 to 10.2, and that was bad, so they took me back to 9.6 for about 6 weeks, then tried 10.1, nope. Was coughing and when I talked it sounded like I needed to clear my throat. So back to 9.6 for another 6 weeks. Then to 9.8 and was able to eat too much.

Now I´m at 10 since last Thursday. Was doing pretty good, but had bronchitis, and went into a coughing fit yesterday morning and vomited 3 times before going to work. :eek:It really hurt. So put a call in to the nurse, by the time she was able to make contact with me, things had calmed. It took most of the day to get down a 17 oz bottle of Water, but by the evening I could do chicken broth s-l-o-w-l-y. Today much better than yesterday.

On full liquids today. Hoping this will work for me, cause otherwise I´m going to have to go back to 9.8, and am afraid that´s all my body can tolerate. Anyway, hoping three times is the charm!:unsure:

It seems like anytime someone had a cold etc... it's hard to eat with the band. I lost more weight the last time I had a cold than any other time while I've had the band. Hope you are feeling better!

I have 7 in a 10cc band and could use a little "tweak"

I have between 10 and 11 cc in my 14 cc band currently. This is generally very good restriction for me. However, during TTM (that time of the month) I get so resticted I'm forced to go on a liquid diet. Otherwise, if I eat beyond a cup of food its all coming back up. One thing I do notice is that right after a workout I'm able to eat and drink pretty freely. I workout everyday and everyday is the same. I'm not sure why that is. I can chug a gallon of Water without any consequences during a good cardio workout but I wouldn't dare try it any other time. Any one else experience this?

I have 6 cc's in my 14 cc band and had my last fill in January. I have had a few days when I thought I might need another fill but most of the time I have perfect restriction. Too bad ice cream will go down no mater what!:thumbup:

I was banded on 4/13/09. Had my first fill at 5 weeks post-op (3.4 cc). Had a second fill in September (1 cc). I have a 10 cc balloon and feel that this is a good amount of restriction for me.:thumbup:

I was banded on 9/22/09 on 11/30 I had my second fill and I am up to 6 cc. At first I felt some restriction now it has disappeared..,:thumbup:. I am eating more than 2 cups of food. I am waiting for my next fill on 12/29/09.

I was banded on 11-14-2007 and I have 5.5cc in my band. Everytime I try 6cc, I am over restricted. So far I have lost a total of 80lbs. I now weigh 173lbs.

I'm confused at this whole "restriction" talk. I've felt like I felt "restriction" from day one. Ever since I was banded, even before my first feel I have felt like I could eat considerably less than I did before - thats restriction right? Now, as time goes by usually 4-8 weeks the amnt of food that you can eat seems to gradually increase. For instance - I feel good when I can eat only half of a regular size sandwhich. One day I realized I had eaten a whole sandwhich - that made me realize I needed to get a fill. Now, there is no way I could have eaten 2 sandwhiches or even a sandwhich and a half but I usually can eat only half. When people talk about restriction it makes me think that they finally get to a place where they start feeling full. So if they say it took them 3 or 4 fills to get restriction does that mean they went months after having the band not feel full. That baffles me. I've always had restriction after a fill - and after awhile that restriction goes away which tells me that I need another fill. Am I just lucky?

well i have 5.3 cc's in a 10 cc band. on friday they tried to put another .2 cc's and i couldnt swallow water! they said that was the smallest amount they could put,and since i wasnt able to tolerate Water they took the .2 cc's out and kept me back at 5.3 ,they said it will be up to me to eat no more than a cup because they cant add any liquid , im a little disapointed,i have gained 2 pounds and i am more hungry than before but they say they cant do anything about it .

I went up to 7.5cc in my 10cc but over 8wks, it kept getting tighter. I know have 7.25cc's and things are back on track. I can tell when I'm full again. When I was too tight, I had to graze on my meals so I was never satisfied.