Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how many cc's for restriction 14cc

How many cc's for restriction 14cc  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How many cc's for restriction 14cc

• 13 or 14

well i have 5.3 cc's in a 10 cc band. on friday they tried to put another .2 cc's and i couldnt swallow water! they said that was the smallest amount they could put,and since i wasnt able to tolerate Water they took the .2 cc's out and kept me back at 5.3 ,they said it will be up to me to eat no more than a cup because they cant add any liquid , im a little disapointed,i have gained 2 pounds and i am more hungry than before but they say they cant do anything about it .

So if .2cc's was too tight why didn't they remove .3cc's and then put .2cc's back in? That way you would have only a net increase of .1cc.

I am at 10cc in a 14cc Realize Band and think that this fill is a good one for now. I will see my doctor again in two months and we will determine if he needs to tweak me a little. I lost almost 20 pounds between September and January of this year and I am happy with that weight loss. I am actually down quite a bit more but need to change my tracker eventually.

I have a 14cc band and on Saturday 01/09/10 .02cc was added making it a total of 6.4 cc. I felt restriction b4, but the Dr. said to put in a little because I lost 30lbs since 09/09 and I'll probably won't see him again for another 3 months and the band will/should loosen by then if not sooner. Been on liquids and mushies since Sat. Hopefully I be able to eat again solids soon. I just hope I didn't over do it!

I have 8.5 cc in my 14cc band. At the time of surgery my doctor put 8cc in the band and I have just had one fill (.5) so far. I go on the 19th for a visit to see if I need a fill. I went in December for a fill and they told me that I had good restriction and did not need a fill. They did not want me to be too tight. I've lost 57 pounds so far I guess that is not bad for someone who was banded on 7/29/09.

I have not felt hunger or starving at this point, I find myself going 4-7 hours without eating sometimes. I will see if I have lost any weight Tuesday. If I have not lost any weight, I know for sure that I have lost inches. My clothes are real loose on my.....I need smaller clothes!!!! Who would have thought I would be saying that since I've been obese all of my life!!!!! :w00t:

I was banded in Sept. I have had 4 fills and currently have 7cc's in a 14 cc band. I do not have good restriction yet. My last fill was a week ago. I go back in a month. I am begining to worry. I have only lost 23 pounds since surgery. Any suggestions? :biggrin: I feel I am failing. I have been maintaining my weight for the last 2 months.

I was banded in Sept. I have had 4 fills and currently have 7cc's in a 14 cc band. I do not have good restriction yet. My last fill was a week ago. I go back in a month. I am begining to worry. I have only lost 23 pounds since surgery. Any suggestions? :cursing: I feel I am failing. I have been maintaining my weight for the last 2 months.

Don't feel too bad. I also have a 14cc band and didn't start feeling good restriction until I had 7.5 - 8cc's. I'm at 10.75 now. I'm sure by your next visit - you will start feeling it more - in the meantime, start adding exercise to your week and it will help.

Don't feel too bad. I also have a 14cc band and didn't start feeling good restriction until I had 7.5 - 8cc's. I'm at 10.75 now. I'm sure by your next visit - you will start feeling it more - in the meantime, start adding exercise to your week and it will help.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully, my next fill will do the trick. I just started excerising. I bought the wii fit plus, it is alot of fun.

hey all! I've had my 4th fill now and I'm at 8.2 in my 14cc band....we thought the last fill i was at 7.5, but when he removed all of the liquid today i was actually at 7.8! I had to eat a lot slower but could still eat a decent amount..no where NEAR like before that fill but i can already feel the difference....

I have been right about all of my fills so far and I've been saying that 8cc's is my magic number...so now that i'm at 8.2 i'm so excited to see how it goes! I've been at a standstill forever, it seems...dropped most of my weight just after surgery and now i'm finally starting to drop again (only down 2 since my last visit in december)....

this is the good one though! I feel it! I'll update soon!

I was banded on 12/2/09 with a 14cc band. I have currently 6 cc and feel no restriction. I go to the Dr. on Thursday and hope he will give me a fill. I try not to get down on myself but it feels so much like a diet now and not a lifestyle change. I still want to eat and if I sat long enough and drank enough liquid with a meal I think that I could eat a normal meal again....I am so ready for the band to start working for me like so many others have said. I have lost 37lbs so far so probably should not be complaining. Just ready for a little help from the band.

I was banded on 12/2/09 with a 14cc band. I have currently 6 cc and feel no restriction. I go to the Dr. on Thursday and hope he will give me a fill. I try not to get down on myself but it feels so much like a diet now and not a lifestyle change. I still want to eat and if I sat long enough and drank enough liquid with a meal I think that I could eat a normal meal again....I am so ready for the band to start working for me like so many others have said. I have lost 37lbs so far so probably should not be complaining. Just ready for a little help from the band.

Um, I don't know about your doctor but mine do not allow drinking with a meal. Typically no drinking for at least half an hour before and half an hour after a meal. Otherwise you are washing the food through too fast and not getting the benefits.

Just wanted to give a little update. Since my last fill in mid January I have lost 5 lbs. The Dr. did not want to give me a fill on Feb. 18th. The office is 2 hours from my house so I talked him into a little one. .1cc I now have a total of 7.1 cc in my 14cc band. I dont feel any different. I am so thankful the scale finally moved. :redface:

I have 14cc capability and I am at 7cc and still no restrictions! I go back in tomorrow for another fill I really hope this is the ONE! Diet Pills

weight.png

Well I had great restriction at 7.1cc in my 14cc band. Went to the Dr. today because of a lot of gas pain and bloating. They did the worst thing possible - they emptied my band. They don't believe the band was causing the problems but to be on the safe side they emptied me. Great - I had just lost another 5 lbs. I go back March 30th. If I don't have improvment in a few days they are going to do a CAT scan. How heart breaking to finally start succeeding and have to go back to square one.:scared2:

I was banded in Sept. I have had 4 fills and currently have 7cc's in a 14 cc band. I do not have good restriction yet. My last fill was a week ago. I go back in a month. I am begining to worry. I have only lost 23 pounds since surgery. Any suggestions? :thumbup: I feel I am failing. I have been maintaining my weight for the last 2 months.

I have 8.6 cc in my 14 cc band and finally I started to feel some restriction. I started drinking Protein smoothies to increase my protein levels. buybulkwhey.com: Bulk whey Protein Powder on sale! I also increased my exercising to 3 times a week (just walking). I only lost 33 lbs since my 09/22/09 surgery...it is a start. The key is PROTEIN!!!:thumbup:

bump!!!!!!!!