Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how many cc's for restriction 14cc

How many cc's for restriction 14cc  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How many cc's for restriction 14cc

• 13 or 14

Dan,

Very interested to see how it goes for you. Let us all know.

THanks.

Well, I am at 13cc's. I do feel a little restriction now but it is still not as much as I had hoped. Next month I will get another cc. I am happy it does not feel like it is missing any more though. :lol:

You had 7.75cc's added?! That seems extreme. Are you sure you are not at a total of 7.75cc's so it would have been about a 2cc fill?

hi dan

u was right i got it wrong i am only up to 7.75cc

im glad about this was a bit worried what would happen when i needed another fill

hi dan

u was right i got it wrong i am only up to 7.75cc

im glad about this was a bit worried what would happen when i needed another fill

That's good to hear. :tt1: That means you still have plenty of room for 'adjustment'.

Dan,

I think I celebrated a little "too soon" about my sweet spot. I'm not going to give up because I can tell a difference. I'm still waiting for the point when I can only eat a cup of food and can't take another bite.

This whole journey varies so much but I know we will get there. At least I know someone else beside my husband and myself are experiencing this.

I would like to really know what people are eating. What are the types of food and the amount that is consumed? I know some people eat the hard Protein first and then veggies. Any suggestions anyone?

I am sorry that your restriction didn't stay in the 'sweet spot'. You should be pretty close next time though!

It makes me a little more at ease knowing I am not the only one at the high end of the adjustment too. I did ask again this time and they still won't tell me how much they can overfill them, but the nurse told me not to worry.

Hi guys.

Never been at the sweet spot and wonder if I ever will!! I'm doing well with the weight loss, but have 7cc in a 14 cc band and no restriction yet!!! Had 3 fills so far - have another 20th October! Praying this will be THE ONE!!!!!!!:)

I just got another fill today, which brings me to 11cc's now. The nurse did withdraw Fluid to make sure I was really at 10 and I was, then we added 1. Will see how I do in the next week or so.

Sooooooo glad I found this thread! Thought I was the only one out there fighting with the 14cc apl. I have 6.6cc now, most of the time I can eat what I want. HOWEVER, for the first time had a HUGE slimming episode the other day when I left myself get too hungry and tried to wolf down a potatoe wedge (didn´t do the Protein first ACK!). Won´t do that again for sure.

My bariatric coordinator has suggested a food Journal and that seems to be helping. Am scheduled Oct 9th for another fill. My Dr said he felt like I was getting close to my sweet spot. Hope that is true!

Wowee, I am tight. I am thinking that possibly, since we withdrew all the Fluid and then put it all back and added 1cc, maybe I need extra time to see if I am swollen.

I am going to give it about a week and if I am still this tight, I will probably get a slight unfill.

For the first time, I am feeling like I have heartburn whenever I eat, and I mean CONSTANTLY.

I am pretty sure I am beyond my sweet spot.

Sorry, I posted my answer in the poll not realizing it said 14cc.. Mine is a 10cc and I had perfect restriction at like 7 'esque'. So, you can delete my answer if there is a way.

I thought I was never going to get there, but I finally have perfect restriction at 9.5 cc in my 14cc band, FINALLY.

I now get full at about 1/2 cup, maybe 5-6 bites of food. I love it!

I've lost 6lbs since getting restriction last friday.

WAHOOO!! :confused:

Cherlita