Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chicago Bandsters......

Thats two weeks, did you mean the 17th? I think I can do either, I seriously need some support and help with my eating, i feel lost....

Yes 2 weeks. Not this weekend but next weekend. This weekend is mothers day and my family is taking me out on sat. I'm painting all day sunday. ~Mandy

On the 24th I'll be in front of the Oswego Walmart trying to raise the last of my teams moola for our Avon walk.

But let me know where and when u guys will lunch and i will see what I can do!

That's common problem post-op. The best thing you can do for it is walk. Sip on plenty of liquids, and walk as much as possible. The walking helps to move the gas out of your system. Congrats on being banded. I'm going on 3 years and LOVE my band. ~Mandy

Congrats Contella. Walk alot. I had severe pain in my right shoulder and neck, then the gas pains traveled to my lower back. I used a heating pad and liquid antacid. A HOT shower helped too. Just let the Water run down your neck and back. Good luck. It will get easier. I'm only about 2 months along.

How have you all been? Since I moved to FL I am working more than 60 hours a week so I have not been on much. I try to read everyonce in awhile to get caught up.

Sonia - How are you? I saw you had an interview back in Feb, have you landed a job? Not sure if I missed it.

Mandy - How are you? I saw you got a new car a few months back. Are you planning your trip to FL this year? Have you heard from LaLa

Since I have been in FL (Sept 07) I have been struggling with a slipped band. :frown: In January Dr completely unfilled me. And I have had no fill since. I had lost 80 punds in total, only to have to put the weight back on in order to get a replacement approved by my insurance. They would only pay to have it removed since I was below a 40 BMI. Well since I put back on 50 lbs, they finally approved it in April. I am suppose to go in 6/26 for the replacement, however last monday I was diagnosed with a staff infection and then I had my pre-op on Thrusday and my EKG came back with a problem that I have to see a cardiolist before I can have surgery. :frown:I figure something was up since my blood pressure has drop significantly when I was putting on weight. Used to be 120 - 130/80's and now it has been 110/70. The last possible day I can have surgery before my approval runs out is 7/3, then we have to go through the whole approval process again. I have already cancelled he surgery once (orginally scheduled for 6/12/08). I have been on th eliqud diet and struggling with it. Boy oh boy am I a stress eatter. I know it will all work out in the end and it is a good thing we are finding the issues now instead of right before surgery.

I just wanted to share my update with my friends in IL.:smile:

I hope this finds you all well.

Hi Everyone! I am thinking about having the procedure done, and I noticed you were all from around the Chicago area. I am in McHenry, and I would love any advice any of you had on just where to start. I don't know anyone who has had the procedure, so I'm kind of floating alone here...any help you have would be greatly, greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help!

Hello all! I am from Grayslake. Looks like there aren't many Chicago-ans on this board ...

Take care everyone!

-Sarah H.

Hello all! I am from Grayslake. Looks like there aren't many Chicago-ans on this board ...

Take care everyone!

-Sarah H.

we are here, just not very active. Who's game for lunch soon?

Hey I'm up for it! And I"m right in Lindenhurst Sarah, you are in Grayslake? We should meet up, do you have kiddos?

I'm in Romeoville. But I can travel. I have a 7 year old little girl.

I'm in Chicago. I haven't met up with any of you yet - but I would like to! However, I will be going out of town from 7/8 - 7/14 - going to Seattle. No kidlets here - just 2 cats (I call my kids).