Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chicago Bandsters......

We have had good success with lunch at Panera in Oak Brook. That seems to be pretty central. Easy access and they let us sit and talk for as long as we want. Also they have pretty band friendly options.

I can do that. Someone pick a date.... I am open this weekend - but it might not work for everyone on such short notice. Next weekend is 4th of July - I am also open, but it might be family time for most. The weekend after I'm in Seattle. Any ideas?

I would be interested in meeting lapbanders as well. If we meet on a Saturday, I need to bring my 18 month old daughter if that's OK (hubby works Saturdays).

Hi everyone

I;m up for lunch!

Amelia! hows FL?

I havent been doing well with following the band rules. my emotion eating is getting the best of me. Its almost a whole year since i've been out of work. I tempted with BP for almost 9 months and now am on assignment at Ulta. just makes me feel very loserful.

oh well. we'll see where July takes me...

Hello all! I am from Grayslake. Looks like there aren't many Chicago-ans on this board ...

Take care everyone!

-Sarah H.

Hi Sarah,

My name is Nicole. I am from Lake Bluff we aren't to far away. Who did your surgery? I am having mine done on the 15th with Dr. Watson and Otto at Condell Hospital.

Rockford, IL. here. Work in Woodstock, IL. Being banded on July 15th, 2008. :cool:

Hi all,

I am looking for a lap band doctor/hospital in the area but as a self pay, the cost (as well as a reputible doctor) is very important to me.

Can anyone share their experience with me?

I recently went to the Alexian Brothers/Suburban Surgical Care seminar and they quoted $16.5K for the lap band.

Thanks!

Kins

Hi Kins,

I've heard good things about Day One but better things about Dr. Shayani so I went on the hunt to find him. He moved from Loyola Hospital to Day One but was only there for a short while. He's now at St. James Hospital in Olympia Fields and after meeting with him I'm so pleased I found him. My surgery is scheduled for Sept 2nd and I am so excited. Again I've heard fabulous feedback from others on the boards that had him as their surgeon at the other two locations and they still see him for their fills.

He really puts you at ease and makes you feel as if you are his one and only patient. He even follows up with emails and phone calls - can you imagine???

I haven't had the surgery yet but my experience thus far has been stellar!

Lynn

My experience at Day One has been great. Dr. Meyers is wonderful. Very nice. My mom was a self pay and paid $14K at Riverside Hospital in Kankakee. Unlimited fills for a year. Very satisfied. Good luck.

I was self pay at sub surgical care w/ Dr Rantis. I was happy with him, but some of the staff isn;t too competent. When I was scheduling a follow up appt, the woman at the desk wrote it on a card, then said to make sure I keep the card, in case "somethng happened" to my appointment. Going to the EGV office has fewer people than Arl hts, but he's not in EGV as often. After surgery, I got billed a second time for a few things, even got billed ofr my free fills, when I called them on it, I was told to disregard the bills.

Hi Kins,

I've heard good things about Day One but better things about Dr. Shayani so I went on the hunt to find him. He moved from Loyola Hospital to Day One but was only there for a short while. He's now at St. James Hospital in Olympia Fields and after meeting with him I'm so pleased I found him. My surgery is scheduled for Sept 2nd and I am so excited. Again I've heard fabulous feedback from others on the boards that had him as their surgeon at the other two locations and they still see him for their fills.

He really puts you at ease and makes you feel as if you are his one and only patient. He even follows up with emails and phone calls - can you imagine???

I haven't had the surgery yet but my experience thus far has been stellar!

Lynn

I loved Dr Shayani! He was the first doctor I went to after moving to Chicago late last year. He made me very comfortable for my fills for the 4 times or so that I went to visit him. Unfortunately I found out after 4 fills that my insurance would no longer cover him since he was practicing at Day One Health instead of the address United Healthcare had on file. So, I had to find a new Dr. However, I wish I could have continued to go to him. He was great! :biggrin::thumbup:

Hi Kins

I know if you scrol or search thru the old chicago posts you'll learn all sortsabout our docs. I was banded at Day One and liked Dr Meyers. However Downtown just wasnt cnvenient. about a year or so ago I switched my after care to Snchrony Health in Oak Brook. I LOVE their staff. They are really wonderful.

Its been a long time since we lunched, should we try and plan something for August?

Hey Red,

Yeah Dr. Shayani is the best! I think that may be why he left Day One after such a short time. I don't think he was there more than 12 months. He's not with a hospital that has a bariatric center and most of the insurance companies will only approve hospital bariatric centers that have been certified in some way. I'm so excited I can't wait until Sept 2nd!!!!

An august lunch sounds great. Let me know when everyone is free. I'm game to just about anywhere.