Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Welcome HOME Double V's!

Glad you're home. Hope the pain gets better soon. Get as much rest as you can.

Take care,

hi all, was banded on the 5th, was sent in at 11 am and was home at 6. had some serious burping, like gagging and puking, but that has stopped. other than that, i'm doing ok, no real pain, just took 2 percocets since i've been home, and some tylenol, for the inflamation. It really isn't half as bad as I thought it was going to be. I'm having some gatorade g2 and Water and ice pops. tomorrow i'm on full liquids. ok going to take a nap before the kiddo gets home from school.

Home and resting comfortably. Was home by 11:30.

Surgery went well. Will write more later when I can keep my eyes open for more than a few minutes!

Congratulations! Glad to hear it went well. :tt1: Get plenty of rest and feel better soon.:regular_smile:

Hey gang..

Just giving you the 2-day post-op update. Had lots of gas pain yesterday. Did the required walking and that really helped get the gas outta there!! Felt like I was a balloon being deflated...such relief. Feel SO much better today. The pain is totally managable with Tylenol. I'm doing fine on Clear Liquids although my doc requires a full week of it. 100 calories a day just isn't cutting it....so tired!! Hopefully I can advance to full liquids by Monday. The good thing is I've got ZERO appetite! Hope all you other bandsters are having a great recovery and hope all you pre-bandsters are sticking to your pre-op diets and kicking some butt!!

Hugs,

Amy

Sounds like you are doing great! You are such an encouragement! Eight days to go for me.

Take care!

Home and resting comfortably. Was home by 11:30.

Surgery went well. Will write more later when I can keep my eyes open for more than a few minutes!

Cheers Karen! It's so good to hear you are home and resting comfortably. :regular_smile: Get some well-deserved rest, and I hope your recovery continues to be smooth! Thanks so much (to Karen & everyone) for sharing your experiences, it's really gonna help my nerves when my surgery day gets here (two weeks from today!). I'm still amazed how fast everyone got in and out of the hospital! Awesome! I seem to be the only overnighter so far.

Warm (but gentle!) hugs!

I am going to be an overnighter as well, its procedure with my surgeon. I am also having my gall bladder taken out at the same time. My surgery is at 7:30am so hopefully I can get out of there early then next morning. Now that everyone is having their surgeries, I am getting so excited. I'm glad everything is going well for everyone and I'm sending healing and head hungerfree vibes your way.

Cheers Karen! It's so good to hear you are home and resting comfortably. :regular_smile: Get some well-deserved rest' date=' and I hope your recovery continues to be smooth! Thanks so much (to Karen & everyone) for sharing your experiences, it's really gonna help my nerves when my surgery day gets here (two weeks from today!). I'm still amazed how fast everyone got in and out of the hospital! Awesome! I seem to be the only overnighter so far.

Warm (but gentle!) hugs![/quote']

I'm an overnighter too, one week from tomorrow. Can it be that soon! Wow, time is flying now.

Take care and get plenty of rest, Amy.

I was banded on Monday and discharged from the hospital on Tuesday. I was an overnighter due to my history of dvt - they wanted to keep an eye on me overnight. I had a great hospital experience - good care, and the nurses were attentive and kind. The morphine didn't hurt either.

Yesterday was rough - I had to go to the ER yesterday to get checked out...one of my incisions appeared to be bleeding, I was in severe pain, and I had a fever. They wanted to rule out an abcess or other infections. I was relieved to hear that everything was fine. And they gave me a different pain med, which has helped immensely. I'm able to move around fine (I couldn't before) and I went out for a walk to get some fresh air and get rid of some not-so-fresh air (I cannot believe how gassy I am....and it's so loud!).

I don't have much of an appetite, but I'm trying to get my Protein in using unjury. I'm on liquids for 2 weeks and then pureed and soft food for 2 weeks. It was so funny - I was having a Protein shake the day after surgery, and I realized I should only have about 2 oz. of it....My mind started to get all upset at the prospect of not drinking the whole thing, and then I realized this is part of the 'psychological hunger' everyone talks about. I mean, who gets upset about not being able to finish a Protein Shake? ! A pizza, maybe, but not Protein shakes...:tongue2:

I've not officially weighed myself yet, since I know I'm in the healing phase...and besides, I'm sure I gained some of the pre-op weight back due to the IV fluids (I had lost 12 lb on the pre-op diet).

I do have a question about the stomach at this stage post surgery: I'm told it can hold 1-2 oz of Fluid. Has anyone actually 'felt' this limit or overfilled their stomachs? I keep wondering if I'm going to spit up Water if I drink too much. I'm having trouble grasping the concept of how my stomach is handling things at this stage.

I'm so thankful for all of the advice and encouragement from this site --I read it everyday and get inspired and learn so much from everyone. And thank God for GasX strips...

I'll be staying overnight too. Yea! :tongue2: I'm actually looking forward to the down time to concentrate on me! My surgery is next Wed. I can't believe it's coming so quickly! Seems like I just started this journey, however when I think about what we needed to do to get here, it seems to have taken my whole life! I guess in a way it did! :drool: Here's to a quick and pain-free recovery for everyone!

I'm "home" and feeling pretty good today. Had surgery on Tuesday, and stayed overnight. They found a hiatel hernia and repaired that while they were in there. Haven't selpt laying down yet, I expect another night or two in the chair, and hopefully in bed the next night. Had good care in the hospital, pain level was around 0-1, but they kept giving me shots of heparin and toradol and I asked for a darvoset the first night just to help with sleep. All in all a good experience. Not at all hungry yet, and it is a nice feeling. I know that will change but am enjoying it while it stays away.

I'm home after my banding yesterday and my overnight stay in the hospital. Didn't sleep much but wasn't uncomfortable either so I guess I won't complain. It's good to be home. walking, sipping and sleeping. I think that is what my days will look like for the next few days.