Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. John Bagnato - Bagnato Bandits

Pamela

One tip with the Mrsa is to be sure you use bleach on all of your washclothes and towels after when you wash them. My dad had it a couple of years ago and had a hard time getting rid of it, they had nice colored towels and mom wsn't using bleach. She started using white towels and bathclothes and a little bleach in each load and he has had no more problems. I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks for the tip Jeannie! I will be sure to use bleach.

Pamela- Keep taking care of yourself and let us know how it goes. I usually am pretty strict about handwashing as is, but TODAY I bet I have washed my hands every hour on the hour, lol!

Didn't mean to scare ya'll. I've been doing the same thing, I bet I've washed my hands 6 times already today.

Pamela:

Like Mia, I have been very aware of everything I touch lately. I guess people are starting to think I'm some kind of phobic. The crazy lady using the daily defense every time she opens a door!!! Feel better soon. (I'm giving you a great big cyber hug right now)

Thanks for the cyber hug. My spirits are up a little today. I could definitely see myself becoming a germaphobic after this.

Jeannie! That is hilarious because I did the same thing yesterday! I freaked myself out as well. I took little sips and soon realized I was fine. I didn't get the gum stuck...I was just scared that I would.

Since we all have such busy schedules, yet we all need to shop, why not have a meeting at Wal-Mart in the Subway restaurant?

That would be great especially if it is on a friday or saturday. Then I could walk Walmart to get my daily exercise.

I live less than a mile from Walmart and am there all the time, that sounds wonderful.

Guest Leslie2Lose

I'm all for it! I'll have to sneak a doggy bag in the back door for me to eat something I can have.

Darn, I had written a post, went to another site, then LOST it!

Leslie,

You don't need to sneak in anything! Just shop in the grocery aisles, check out in the "10 Items or Less" line (we can't eat a lot anyway), and come to Subway and buy a bottled Water from them. Personally I like to buy something from an establishment if I'm using their seats for something other than primarily eating their food.< /p>

For those of you who are facing their first fill: I got mine yesterday and can am so thankful for Elizabeth's skills. I HATE, repeat, HATE, iterate, HATE needles, but I didn't shed a tear or jump off the table.

Next time you folks see Malik, give her a hug. Her boyfriend's stay in Iraq has been (involuntarily) extended from the end of May to the end of July. She was pretty bummed out about it.

Since I try to avoid Wal-Mart on Saturdays, when the entire population of the 100+ surrounding counties come to congregate, I suggest we meet on a Friday around lunch time. Is this convenient for anyone?

Holly

Friday at lunch won't work for me- I work and live an hour away so evenings or weekends are better for me. If the majority can meet though- go ahead!

Holly, we just missed each other! My first fill was on Wednesday. It wasn't so bad, but man, was I hungry last night! So ready to be done with liquids! Elizabeth told me to do liquids Wed and Thurs and to do soft foods today before resuming regular foods tomorrow. The scale is finally moving again - so yea!

I am cancelling my apt for a fill for 04-22 at 11:00Am if anyone wants it. I am on the phone now and the EARLIEST I can schedule another appt for is MID JUNE- I asked them why aren't they hiring another person and was told that they are in the process but so many ppl are having lapband that they cannot keep up- I told her well you guys are certainly getting enough money coming in to hire one, if not TWO ppl to keep up with the numbers. There is no reason to have to wait two months for a fill. I worry for new ppl who have to wait that long. I can't imagine how frustrating it's going to be for them. So if its been at least two weeks since a fill and you aren't losing please grab my fill. Yess!! I called Malik and she put me in as an ad on for 05-08- so be persistant ladies!!

Mia, when I was here Wednesday, I heard Malik talking about a new nurse but didn't get when she started. I made appointments for May 20 and June 17 when I was there. I hope I don't have to keep the May appt. - I hope I'm down at least 8 lbs. by then!

I just called back and scheduled me another one for June 9th- I think that's how I'm going to start doing it is scheduling two at one time to be sure I get in before they all fill up.

Guest Leslie2Lose

:party:Whoohoo!

Okay - Dr. B. progressed me to Mushies! Ya'll I had the most WONDERFUL caramel pudding last night. Of course I could only eat 1/2 of it. It was SO GOOD! This morning - the BEST grits I've ever had in my life. Of course, once again, only could eat 1/2. I have so much more energy than I did two weeks ago.

We are probably going to the Mayhaw Festival in Colquit tomorrow morning. I hope I don't wear myself out, but it's a small town - so not too much walking. I was planning on start working out this weekend. Walking will be a good start.

What do ya'll think about meeting on a Sunday after church? I know it is busy, but not nearly as busy as on a Saturday.

Darn, I had written a post, went to another site, then LOST it!

l.

Next time you folks see Malik, give her a hug. Her boyfriend's stay in Iraq has been (involuntarily) extended from the end of May to the end of July. She was pretty bummed out about it.

Holly

Holly

Are you sure her boyfriend is in Iraq? The reason I ask is because I thought she told me it was her son, but either way you are right she does need all the hugs she can get, that has to be awful. Take care

Jeannie

Leslie, I could do Sundays around 12:30 or 1:00. Anybody else?

Jeannie, I'm pretty sure it was Malik's boyfriend because she said he told her about the extended tour before telling his own kids. That would be awful if she also had a son over there!

Allykat, I was banded one day after you, so I am tracking one day behind you for fills (so far!). My next on is May 15th, and I think Mia has the right idea--book at least 2 appointments ahead while you're in the office.

For everyone: Is there some "signal" or gesture which we can come up with to avoid any embarrassment if we think we recognize a Bandster either in the OTC waiting room, or in public, and would like to say "hello?"