Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did you cheat on pre-op liquid diet

Did you cheat on liquid diet  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Did you cheat on liquid diet

• No, I didn't cheat at all
    • Yes, I cheated but ate healthy foods
    • Yes, I cheated and ate everything in sight
    • Yes, I cheated so bad they cancelled my surgery

Day 1 of my pre-op liquid only diet ....Starting to get hungry haven't ate since yesterday @ 5pm my surgery is Wednesday Jan. 27th @230pm. Im not gonna cheat but i just want the hunger pains to go away aaaahhhhhhhh

Day 1 of my pre-op liquid only diet ....Starting to get hungry haven't ate since yesterday @ 5pm my surgery is Wednesday Jan. 27th @230pm. Im not gonna cheat but i just want the hunger pains to go away aaaahhhhhhhh

Kris - Hang in there ~ the first 3/4 days are very rough. Get plenty of Protein and maybe add a teaspoon of Peanut Butter to your shake. That helps the taste. Chike makes a very good Protein Shake and you can get 5 sample flavors for free almost - all you pay is $6.95 for shipping. Search on Chike for link. It will be worth it in the end.

And yes I did cheat - once. Christmas day was very hard not to eat a few things but I still lost 18 pounds by operation day.

my liquid diet is 14 days and i am on day 7 and thus far i am doing great. dont get me wrong i am hungrey as i dont know what and i think about eating every second. but dont.

I feel like sh..... right now, I'm on the preop diet since 1/18 and i'm having my surgey on Tuesday. Tonight i couldn't stand it, my son was eating KFU popcorn ck and I ended up eating some of it. this is the first time I have cheated, but NOW I'm SCAREDI messed up. I didn't have my last 2 shakes to balance some of it, but the fat from them... I sure hope this doesn't change anything.. Has anyone slipped on something once and eveything was ok, I need to ease my mind !!!

Dont wory I am sure you will be just fine. My pre op diet was 2 weeks of liquids only. 3 shakes a day and stuff like Jello & popsicles ... it was horrible! Every night I ate dinner, yup I cheeted every night with things like steamed fish or chicken ... some doctors have no pre op diets at all just a day of fasting before surgery. It's all to reduce the size of your liver....that organ is HUGE and totaly in the way during surgery they have to flip it up and operate under it so they want it as healthy as possible. If the pop corn was your one and only whooops moment I wouldnt sweat it!

I feel like sh..... right now, I'm on the preop diet since 1/18 and i'm having my surgey on Tuesday. Tonight i couldn't stand it, my son was eating KFU popcorn ck and I ended up eating some of it. this is the first time I have cheated, but NOW I'm SCAREDI messed up. I didn't have my last 2 shakes to balance some of it, but the fat from them... I sure hope this doesn't change anything.. Has anyone slipped on something once and eveything was ok, I need to ease my mind !!!

I started pre-op diet on 1/21 and my surgery is on 2/3. I have two Protein Shakes and one salad w/ chicken or tuna every day, sugar free pops and jello-o. I caved and had two hershey's kisses today - but all in all think I'm ok. I hope.

The hunger is tough but chicken / beef broth and hot tea have been keeping it in check for me.

the cumulative total of my cheating during my two week liquid diet:

3 multi grain tortilla chips

1 bowl of cream of turkey Soup

two nibbles of communion bread dipped in grape juice

1 cup of mashed potatoes

1/2 cup of mac and cheese

and i was banded april 6th

I started my official pre-op diet today, but I tried it out a couple months ago just to see if i could do it. My Dr's diet requires a Protein Drink for Breakfast and lunch, then 4 oz of lean meat and a green leafy vegetable for dinner. I got through that no sweat. For the official diet he requires 4-6 weeks. I'm hoping this goes as smoothly as the trial run.

Good LUCK!!!!!

Day 3 of liquid pre-op diet. Still being "good" as of today. I am HUNGRY and hope that goes away with time! My family is working with me by preparing their meals so I don't have to do that. I'm hoping for a beautiful liver when my doc gets in there to do the band on 4/23. Give me strength!

My pre-op diet was five days Clear Liquids and I didn't cheat on it at all. Am very glad that I didn't too as my surgeon has been known to refuse to do surgery if he believes differently based on stomach contents and liver size.

My surgeon gave me the awful loophole of if I was to get hungry while following the Protein Shake pre op diet then I could eat something 'healthy' & low carb/calories/fat. Giving the addict the 'choice' is not the best idea but will power prevailed & although I wasn't always on liquids I did eat very healthy - 1 slim fast bar & on certain days a chickn salad, or some veggies. A lot of doctors have their pt's still eating healthy planned food not jus liquids so I don't think its the fact that you're eating solids so much as what exactly you're eating. Either way I lost 10lbs pre op, not bad.

well its only day 2 out of 10 of my pre op diet. my surgeon said it was ok to have diet soda, diluted gatorade/powerade, propel fitness Water, sugar free Jello, popsicles and icees and broth. i go in for surgery april 26th and they told me the 15th i was approved... needless to say i had a VERY fulfilling "last meal"

I cheated but only on Christmas day & still lost 18 pounds in 2 weeks.

Good luck!!

Today is day 2 of my pre-op. I am scheduled for 4/29, only 4 days before my birthday on 5/3. This is the gift I am giving myself. Happy birthday to me. I have always been the one who takes care of everyone else. It was difficult to make the decision that it was my turn. My surgeon's office told me only 3 shakes per day, nothing else. I question this as I had been on the supervised liquid "new directions" diet previously through a hospital. I did lose weight but eventually over 2 years the weight I had initially lost. I sought out the surgery before gaining all of it back so I am still ahead... Before, I started on 5 shakes per day. Equivalent of 1000 calories. 3 shakes is only 600 calories? I was so hungry I could not get to sleep. I think the nurse who told me this yesterday was mistaken? But, she is the nurse. I dropped 1.2 pounds yesterday. Does anyone know how to put the scale on your page so I can watch the progress?