Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New 60+ Thread

Good morning everyone. Lonestar, I think we are all so different as far as feeling back to normal. Usually about a week to get back in the swing of things. The tiredness will probably dramatically decrease as some weight drops off. I noticed right away when I had only lost 10-15 pounds that I felt lighter and got around easier. Nutrition probably plays a big part. Be sure you get lots of protien. Lots of people swear by vit B12. I got some sub lingual tabs otc at walgreens and I think they did perk me up a bit. Keep us posted so we know if you get your groove back:Dancing_biggrin:

Hi everyone. Where are you all. I need to complain and no one is here to listen! Here's my problem. I was too tight. Couldn't get my meds down and living on liquids. So yesterday I went in and she took 1/2 of my previous fill out....That leaves me with 3.25 in my 4cc band. Went home and had a great meal from the grill last eve....conplete with 2 Cookies. Today I'm starving. Just can't get satisfied. NO restriction at all. I just had 2 pieces of raison bread. No problem at all. I guess I was testing the band. So what happened to my saline? Do you think it got pulled into the tubing. I notice every fill I got it took about 3 days to kick in and the only reason I can think of is that it sits in the tubing for awhile. So maybe it's there now and will work it's way to the band. It better! I can't remember when I've been so hungry.

Since I have not had fill I am not the person to address this issue, although I will say that I had a Realize band in and I know mine can go in excess of 10 cc.

BUT I would suggest you post your email on the fill support group threads, there is a wealth of info on those lines, just will take some time to go through them.

Another suggestion, how many grams of Protein are you getting a day, When I hit 60 grams a day I never get hungry and do not crave food at all. It also makes me full. I start the day with a Protein Drink made with milk (1%) and a half a banana, this gives me 32 grams to start my day. I am slowly working my way up. Proteins first, then vegetables and fruit.< /span>

I honestly am never hungry.

Give it a week try, but please call you doc back.

Hi,

I just celebrated my 60th. So happy to find you all.

My surgery is April 1. Can't wait. Kinda scared though.

I'm sure it will go well.

Abby

Well aren't you lucky to be sixty so you can join us. LOL

We are very happy to have you. Don't be scared about the surgery. It's not that bad. A few days to recover and a few more to get your strength back and you'll be off and running. Are you on your pre surg diet now? Tell us all about yourself.

Catching up on all the posts. We've had no internet most of the week. It's on again, off again, tonight, but enough to read posts on my threads and post a few entries myself. This is my MAIN support group... LBT, and I really miss it when I can't get on.

Today is the 8 month anniversary of my surgery and I'm down a hair over 70 lb. Three fills, the last one Oct..29, and I'm scheduled to go in for one April 14 when we get back up north.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Fine here Phyll, but in the middle of another snowstorm. It's all my grandson-in-law's fault. They are here from SC and he's never been in snow so he prayed for it! Now we are going to send him out to shovel and repent.

Fine here Phyll, but in the middle of another snowstorm. It's all my grandson-in-law's fault. They are here from SC and he's never been in snow so he prayed for it! Now we are going to send him out to shovel and repent.

That's funny!! How old is he?? I have a nephew like that... but he's in his 30's. He loves the snow.

Sitting on the patio with DH's laptop this afternoon! It's around 85. Weather report from home today is 34 degrees, snow, sleet, rain, hail!! Yiippee!! We will take our time driving home!! Maybe by mid April it will improve!! Daughter just says WAH, WAH, WAH when we complain!! It's been quite a winter up there! she & SIL are escaping to Cabo as soon as school is out. She works at the high school. We're supposed to "babysit" 18 & 19 yr old!! Yeah, right.... like nailing Jello to a tree, right!!???

We're supposed to "babysit" 18 & 19 yr old!! Yeah, right.... like nailing Jello to a tree, right!!???

That's so funny! Lotsa luck. LOL

We got about 10" new snow. GrandSIL is achey all over today. He was out there playing in the snow until 11pm with the grandsons. He is a 29 yr old kid. They are heading back to SC today. Wish they would take the snow with them!

Hi: 64 and counting. Any chance a Canadian from British Columbia join in. We are, after all, close to Washington State. Doddie

Hi: 64 and counting. Any chance a Canadian from British Columbia join in. We are, after all, close to Washington State. Doddie

Hi, Doddie,

Welcome! Jump right in... yeah, we take Canadians!! The more the merrier here!! Us old chicks gotta stick together!! So, am I understanding that you had your surgery in Toronto?? I grew up in Buffalo NY so quite familiar with Toronto. In fact, probably more so than Vancouver which is so close to where we live now.

As you probably figured out, we are down in Southern California for the winter in an RV park where there are LOTS of Canadians... from BC, Alberta, mostly. There are around 2700 people in this park during the peak winter months and a very large majority are the Canadians, and folks from WA state, Oregon and a smattering from Idaho, Montana, ND and even a few from Alaska. But, people are already starting to head back north and there will be a traffic jam at the front gate on April 1!!

Thanks, it will be great to talk to someone of my "generation". Yes I had surgery in Toronto. At the time there were no clinics in Alberta. Still none in Vancouver. Two doctors do surgery for the band privately, but they have to wait for OR time in our hospitals.

Traffic jam is very true. Four hours to cross yesterday but it is worth it to get to the sun and surf.

We used to travel a lot thru the USA but lately health reasons prevent us from traveling. Can't get health insurance.

I like the note you have about exercise challenge. That is true for me, as "I am exercise challenged" LOL. To me exercise is the worst form of torture and it is a mental exercise just to get my butt moving. Thanks for the invite in. Doddie

Thanks, it will be great to talk to someone of my "generation". Yes I had surgery in Toronto. At the time there were no clinics in Alberta. Still none in Vancouver. Two doctors do surgery for the band privately, but they have to wait for OR time in our hospitals.

Traffic jam is very true. Four hours to cross yesterday but it is worth it to get to the sun and surf.

We used to travel a lot thru the USA but lately health reasons prevent us from traveling. Can't get health insurance.

I like the note you have about exercise challenge. That is true for me, as "I am exercise challenged" LOL. To me exercise is the worst form of torture and it is a mental exercise just to get my butt moving. Thanks for the invite in. Doddie

So can you get your fills in Vancouver?? Do you ever have to go to Toronto for followup??

My exercise this winter consists of Water aerobics. When we head home I have to figure out how to get the exercise in... public pool? May see if my knees can handle treadmill and mayb try weight machines at our condo. I think they may frown on me doing water aerobics in the condo hot tub!! Our oldest daughter has an above ground pool, but can't imagine the water will ever be warm enough to get in before about August!!! :cheers2:

How do us over 60s do after surgery. I go next week for my preop. I am a little afraid because of my age.

How do us over 60s do after surgery. I go next week for my preop. I am a little afraid because of my age.

We do great even better then the "younger ones". We have seen it all and know what the alternative is if we don't do something. Our Attitude is good, we know there will be some discomfort but also know we are just key strokes from support from those who have already gone through the surgery and all the steps after.

So go to it and Kick ass, we are all behind you and will be there to support you when you need us!