Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New 60+ Thread

We have the left over of your weather. This system went east from Southern Calif., bringing us rain and strong winds last night. We've been getting down to the upper teens to lower twenty's at night. Wisconsin can drop to 20 below............brrrrrrrrrrrrrr 36_1_63.gif

Oh, boy!! Well we're getting really fierce wind this afternoon. Hope that doesn't get to you, too! Everything outside is blowing away.

:tt1:

A snowmobile ride to Madison doesn't sound like fun!! But if you're desparate!! I was thinking of flying home to Seattle for a fill, but now the scale is moving again so maybe I will just wait until we get home in the spring.

Well darn, I did have to cancel my appt. Couldn't find a snowmobile! I have one for next week now. That's one thing I really like about the UW clinic. It's easy to get in to see someone. Yes we did get the fierce wind, along with sleet, dropping temps, snow and general misery. Today all the schools are closed but I had to come to work. Bummer!

Well darn, I did have to cancel my appt. Couldn't find a snowmobile! I have one for next week now. That's one thing I really like about the UW clinic. It's easy to get in to see someone. Yes we did get the fierce wind, along with sleet, dropping temps, snow and general misery. Today all the schools are closed but I had to come to work. Bummer!

Not fair... schools closed and you still had to go to work!! I grew up in Buffalo NY, so once when there was a big snowstorm in Oklahoma City, I was one of only two people who made it to work that day. I was working as Pre-cert nurse for Prudential Insurance at the time in an office of about 50 people. Everyone got paid that day but we were the only two who actually worked!! We didn't complain. But probably about six weeks later, we both got a bonus check for "overtime" for that day. No one knows how to drive in ice and snow in OK and they are all wimps when a few snow flakes fly!!

Sorry you had to reschedule your appt!! Unfortunately, the wind is howling here again, so you may get more nasty weather when this front makes its way east!!

You are a nurse too? So am I. I do private duty in a home for a 16 yr old girl with severe brain damAGE. I've been there since she was 6. Her parents never take off work for bad weather. It's a very boring job. I went there when the psych hosp. I worked at closed. At first it was nice to be away from the stress and I could put her in her W/C and walk around town. Now they live in the country with gravel roads and hills and she is too heavy to move without the hoyer so we are stuck in the house. She doesn't respond to anything except pain and has no functional movement so it does get boring. I would love to retire but the other nurses are LPNs and they need an RN there at least once a week to be case manager and that's me. So I'm down from full time to 1 day a week and some overnight if they go away. I eat more there during the AM then I do all day at home,,,,just out of boredom.

You are a nurse too? So am I. I do private duty in a home for a 16 yr old girl with severe brain damAGE. I've been there since she was 6. Her parents never take off work for bad weather. It's a very boring job. I went there when the psych hosp. I worked at closed. At first it was nice to be away from the stress and I could put her in her W/C and walk around town. Now they live in the country with gravel roads and hills and she is too heavy to move without the hoyer so we are stuck in the house. She doesn't respond to anything except pain and has no functional movement so it does get boring. I would love to retire but the other nurses are LPNs and they need an RN there at least once a week to be case manager and that's me. So I'm down from full time to 1 day a week and some overnight if they go away. I eat more there during the AM then I do all day at home,,,,just out of boredom.

Yes, I started out as LPN, then went back & got my Assoc Deg/RN ten years later. Did a lot of private duty care in the 80's up in WA state. Last job was pre-cert at two different insurance companies. Prudential sold their healthcare business to Aetna in 1999 and within 6 months they'd eliminated 13 LPN/RN jobs in our office including mine. Knees were too bad to do floor work any more, pre-cert jobs were going to non-licensed people. I ended up on disability.

You're a trooper to still be doing that kind of work! Tough stuff.

Yeah! I lost a couple pounds! It's the WW "way of eating" I'm doing with my daughter. I am so hungry. Can't wait for my fill next week. Now if only this crappy weather will co-operate!

Yeah! I lost a couple pounds! It's the WW "way of eating" I'm doing with my daughter. I am so hungry. Can't wait for my fill next week. Now if only this crappy weather will co-operate!

You may be forced to invest in a snowmobile!!

:biggrin: P:iagree:

Phyllser

36_8_17.gif

Hey, there you go!!!!

28_4_8.gif

How's your weather this week?? Did it warm up any, or get worse??

This thread sure isn't very active!! Where are all the 60+ people?? I know there are lots of us out there! Anyway, hope you're all shoveled out by now!!

36_1_26.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZNfox000

Oh, we are expecting another storm tonight and tomorrow....8-12'" of snow. It just doesn't quit. I did get my 3rd fill today. I got in early because so many people cancelled due to weather. I really don't notice anything yet. Had a can of slimfast just to make sure it would go down. Then a bowl of special K because I had a craving. Still hungry! I called work and told them I'm not coming tomorrow due to weather. That's the first time I did that but darn, I'm getting old. Old ladies shouldn't be out driving in snow storms! I don't know where everyone is the past couple days. Maybe they will turn up when the weather improves. Sounds like it's bad all over. Later....

HI, I haven't had my first appointment yet, But am sooo looking forward to it. We had another 4 to 5" today and expecting another 6 to 8" tonite. I live in Maine. Will keep posting even though I am not offically a Lap Bander yet.

Hi Sally, Yes yes keep posting. Did you go to a seminar yet? Sounds like Maine weather is as bad as Wi. We will all have to visit Phyllser in her RV in Florida! :)

Hello to every one, just an update it is 2 weeks today since my banding. Still no hunger and am managing to consume at least 45 grams of Protein a day + 48 ounces of Water. Went to my Primary care today and was weighed for first time have lost 17.5 since surgery,but that is because I gained in surgery. But PC was very happy since she has several patients who had LB and those patients seem to regain the lasticity in skin when they do not loose more then 2-3 pounds per week. My sugar is dooing well and so is blood pressure, so I am happy.

Hope all are doing well let us hear from you with updates.

I get my discharge from surgeon tomorrow, wonder what their scale will say.:thumbup::crying: