Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New 60+ Thread

I still have not found my sweet spot but still not hungry either. I know I am controling the food mentally not with the band. I try to listen to my stomach instead of my head so when I am aware I am full, I lay fork down and STOP. But I know I can eat way more then I am and am anxious to go back for my second fill in May. (actually tried to eat more and had no side effects) Since my DR says that I should be having the LB do the work not me. Still staying on Low Carb/High Protein food.

This seems to work for me.

We went to NV for weekend to visit family, lots of eatting out, but I really didn't eat much, just ate some off my DH plate and enjoyed the company.

Everyone was kind and didn't try to encourage me to eat more.

Did have a Gin and Tonic, first since last year Sept. But nursed it and waited for the fizz to die. It was a treat, but not one I will repeat very often.

My goal is to continue to jog on the underwater treadmill at 3 mph for 30-50 minutes 3 time a week,and do aqua aerobics for 45 minutes 3 times a week. As soon as cardio doctor clears me for more, to start to build weight training on regular equipment. BUT I do like working out in the pool best of all.

Have been taking Vitamins, calcium citrate and getting 15 minutes of sun without sun glasses to get my Vitamin D. Notice my legs are getting sort of loose so need to really work on those flabbies!

But all in all am so Happy started on this journey.

Sounds like you are doing very well.

Underwater treadmill??

Wow! Wish I could find one of those!

We just got back from our long winter vacation in the sun and I now need to find a new place to exercise, preferably in Water as I have bad knees.

I had my 4th fill yesterday and I may be at that

"SWEET SPOT"!

DH fixed me a packet of oatmeal this morning and I could only eat half. That was fairly early. At noon I heated up some pureed soup... got down about 1/2 cup and that was it. Now it's almost 5pm and

just starting to feel hungry again.

This is GOOD!!

Phyll,

I asked my cardio doctor to write a RX for me to go to Physical Therapy (so I could get trained to do the exercises correctly for at least a month. Since Medicare would pay for that: then my therapist requested an additional month and Medicare Okayed that also, now they are going to request another month and if I am lucky I will continue, if not then membership is only 60.00/month so I will continue to have access to pool treadmill and Athletic trainer for $60 a month.) The one who has an underwater Treadmill. It is no stress on knees and is fun to go into. It is called a HydroWorx treadmill.

You can probably only find one in PT facility.

Glad you found your Sweet Spot,

am anxious to find mine, but you certainly have inspired me to keep at it.

Any new pictures I am sure you have changed from your last one!

You Rock Girl!

23_32_10.gif

I have no idea what the local P.T.s have but I'm going to check into it. That underwater treadmill sounds just great.

Got a little fill yesterday and haven't noticed any difference yet but mine seem to take a few days to settle in so I will wait. Only .25cc would put me back where I was when too tight. It just doesn't seem possible that such a small amt can make such a difference. Today I'm at work, bored and battleing head hunger.

Phyll,

I asked my cardio doctor to write a RX for me to go to Physical Therapy (so I could get trained to do the exercises correctly for at least a month. Since Medicare would pay for that: then my therapist requested an additional month and Medicare Okayed that also, now they are going to request another month and if I am lucky I will continue, if not then membership is only 60.00/month so I will continue to have access to pool treadmill and Athletic trainer for $60 a month.) The one who has an underwater Treadmill. It is no stress on knees and is fun to go into. It is called a HydroWorx treadmill.

You can probably only find one in PT facility.

Thanks for the info!!

I will research that!

I have two PT facilities within shouting distance!

7_5_141.gif Maybe they can recommend a place that has Pool Therapy if they do not have it themselves. I found on internet (HYDROWORX.com) maybe they can refer you to a facility near you.

I am off to do my hour or so now. Have a great day all of you!

Where is the rest of the gang!

We need some updates to see how everyone is doing!

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYUS

Hi Ya'll,

Not much new on my part. Still waiting for Medicare to "OK" CMMC for thier "Seal of Excellents". It should happen in the month of May. Not sure yet. If it does, I'm ready.

I go to the support group at CMMC in Jackson, MS once a month. Last meeting a few people brought sample of foods that Gastric & Lap-Band people can eat and how much. Some talked on what they could eat before surgery and what they could and/or could not eat afterwards. Very interesting.

That's it for now. Well post now and then to keep everyone updated.

Don

7_5_141.gif Maybe they can recommend a place that has Pool Therapy if they do not have it themselves. I found on internet (HYDROWORX.com) maybe they can refer you to a facility near you.

I am off to do my hour or so now. Have a great day all of you!

Where is the rest of the gang!

We need some updates to see how everyone is doing!

I checked out one of the PT places and they don't have onsite aquatic therapy but use the high school pool and it's all at night. But they did say another place about another block away has onsite aquatic therapy. But I haven't gotten over there yet to check it out. I looked up Hyroworx on the internet, though. Very cool! And it never occurred to me that I would probably qualify for some PT. Very good idea. Thanks. I'm going to continue to pursue this!

My update: I had my 4th fill on Monday. My last one was Oct 29, three days before we left for the winter, so they hadn't seen me since then. I was down about 25 lb... not too impressive for 5 months, but slow and steady is okay! P.A. said she was "very proud" of me and she thougth I was doing very well. She put another 1 cc in my band to give me a total of 5.2 in my 11cc VG band. Restriction is good and if my scale is correct I've lost 3-4 lb since Monday. My biggest concern right now is the exercise as we were doing Water aerobics five days a week all winter. But, as I said, I'm working on looking for something! Our condo has an exercise room... I forget what equipment is over there... I need to go check that out, too. They're putting in new showers and a new hot tub, so if there is equipment there that I can use without taxing my knees too much, that might be my exercise place for the spring/summer! Although, it still feels like winter here... 40 degrees this morning with weatherman threatening freezing rain mixed with snow for the next two days!!

Hi Ya'll,

Not much new on my part. Still waiting for Medicare to "OK" CMMC for thier "Seal of Excellents". It should happen in the month of May. Not sure yet. If it does, I'm ready.

I go to the support group at CMMC in Jackson, MS once a month. Last meeting a few people brought sample of foods that Gastric & Lap-Band people can eat and how much. Some talked on what they could eat before surgery and what they could and/or could not eat afterwards. Very interesting.

Don

Always good to hear from you, Don, and get your updates!!

We're rooting for you!!

Your wife is waiting, too, right?

Food? umm , I would go to that group!

Nice to hear from you again.

Yeah, sounds good to me, too!!

Originally Posted by skinnydippn42 viewpost.gif

Hi Ya'll,

I go to the support group at CMMC in Jackson, MS once a month. Last meeting a few people brought sample of foods that Gastric & Lap Band people can eat and how much. Some talked on what they could eat before surgery and what they could and/or could not eat afterwards. Very interesting.

Don

We're rooting for you!!

Yes & no!!!!! She has not made up her mind yet. She said that I'm the "genipig". She'll see how I do than make up her mind.

Don

Originally Posted by skinnydippn42 viewpost.gif

Hi Ya'll,

I go to the support group at CMMC in Jackson, MS once a month. Last meeting a few people brought sample of foods that Gastric & Lap Band people can eat and how much. Some talked on what they could eat before surgery and what they could and/or could not eat afterwards. Very interesting.

Don

We're rooting for you!!

Yes & no!!!!! She has not made up her mind yet. She said that I'm the "genipig". She'll see how I do than make up her mind.

Don

Too bad you can't talk her in to doing it at the same time.

Seems like it'd be easier to do together.

After numerous complications, my Cardic doc. says maybe in July I can get my lap-band. I have not gained any of the 67 lbs. back. So I am still the same weight (330 ) as before. Not gaining any not lost any. Maybe I can keep up with my post. It is so encouraging to read all of everyone's comments, it helps me feel there is still hope.

hello every one am I two old to join :confused2: I am Jazz I have been approved for the lap band have medical problems from A 2 Z Have been trying to lose the weight for a year

has any one else had problems losing weight to get the ban ?being older the weight dosen't come off as fast

I have high blood pressure, diabeties,high cholestrol,I also retain Water and on two water pills Lasix& Hydrochlorothiazide.I was six lbs from goal and boom I swolle upand gained nine Lbs. over night something I ate must have had to much salt .I am now 14 Lbs from goal. seems like I'll never make It and I don't know what to do .I feel like such a failure:unsure:

jazz