Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New 60+ Thread

Is it just me or do others feel offended by the words "friend (0)" under our pictures and names. I have friends just not on the website for the public to see. Makes me feel "woss".

KJillCarr: My mother in laws name was Carr. So glad you have made the decision to have the band and hopefully that slight fever will go away quickly. Are you a type 2 diabetic or insulin dependent. For me and many others, our diabetes is well under control. I no longer am taking 5 metformin a day but am down to one. I am told my Doctor will be taking me off the last one in July. My BP is also well under control. So you have something to look forward to besides weight loss. I think they call it NSV (non scale victories). Have a great journey.

Is it just me or do others feel offended by the words "friend (0)" under our pictures and names. I have friends just not on the website for the public to see. Makes me feel "woss".

:P I'll be your friend, Doddie!! :smile2:

It was months before I found it, but somewhere on the profile page, I think, is where you can invite people to be your "friend"... not that it means anything in particular! But I don't want you to have ZERO friends!! :eek::thumbup:

What's the difference in New Reply and Quick Reply?

I'll have to check out the friend thing. I hadn't even noticed it :P

Thanks Phyl, I know I need to get back into compliance. My DH was just diagnosed with borderline diabetes yesterday. Don't know how they did that. He's never had even a fasting blood sugar. Maybe his BS was sky high when they took it two different times. At the VA.

His Dad was diabetic, so it's something I've been concerned about, so we will definitely be doing fbs's when he gets the glucometer in the mail. They put him on a med too, when he gets it.

Anyway, we will have to change his diet, so will be easier to get me to behave, also :thumbup: Will have to bring the grandkids along for the ride. Got to be healthier for them too. Altho I can't afford fruit for all of them (4-11..8 mo.-15 yrs) for 2-3 meals and Snacks a day.

I don't really like to feed them artificial sweeteners, but it looks like I'm going to have to, and the food prep is destined to become more involved. I'm supposed to be retired :<(. But I would hate to not have them around.

Phyl, yes I am using lite cool whip. But, alas, for DH I was buying frozen, sweetened strawberries. Looks like we'll go with the unsweetened, even fresh (prep just takes so long and I am usually tiiiiiirrrred by the time we do them. whine..whine) and use splenda, if we need more sweet.

Wonder how honey affects the diabetic?

I just did mashed cauflower a couple of days ago. It is really good. Of course cauliflower is good to me anyway. I'll have to try using them in salmon patties. I just bought the Hungry girl cookbook. Lots of good low fat/low sugar recipies. Even onion rings and 'fried' green tomatoes. yumm

Well, it's me again. I have just requested 'friendship' with each of you ladies posting on this thread.

I hope to come here often enough to get to know all of you. I have gotten to know folks on 2 threads at WW in the last 3 years and usually go there first, when I get a chance at the 'puter. I really should make this my first stop. It's this kind of support and info I need to be a part of now.

KarenIn, I am in Dallas. I went to UTSouthwestern and the dietition said at the moment their support stinks :thumbup: but I don't have time to attend meetings anyway. Am helping to raise 4 grands and babysitting 10- 12 hrs a day with 4 more.:P

I hope to come here often enough to get to know all of you. I have gotten to know folks on 2 threads at WW in the last 3 years and usually go there first, when I get a chance at the 'puter. I really should make this my first stop. It's this kind of support and info I need to be a part of now.

KarenIn, I am in Dallas. I went to UTSouthwestern and the dietition said at the moment their support stinks :sad: but I don't have time to attend meetings anyway. Am helping to raise 4 grands and babysitting 10- 12 hrs a day with 4 more.:)

Sounds like you've got your hands full with all those grandkids!! Hope you can find ways to get everyone eating healthier. This is a good time of year for strawberries.

We lived in the OKC area for over 15 years.. just moved back to WA state last year. So I'm very familiar with the Dallas area. We have friends in Hurst and in Plano.

The "Quick Reply" doesn't give you the option to change your font style, color, etc., or to add the little happy faces, etc., or photos.

Hi Phylliser and Carlene. Thanks I appreciate you both. And frankly I have both of you in my "friends' but I still come up zero. I can only imagine there is a time differential. Whatever even if I show a great big fat zero I know, since the band, I am not a zero. Thanks again.

Phyl your new photo is great that is you isn't it? Love you hair and makeup. I want my band NOW!!!!!!! I'm at the Social Worker and Nutrinest stage my appointments are 2 mo apart I will be old before I get it all done. LOL

Hi to all of you and love reading this site your all great.

Thank you

Carol

Edited by Justmeuknow

justmeyouknow. Yes I agree with you. Phyllis you look great. Are you at goal? Good luck on your journey Justmeyouknow. Your time will come.

yeah, I figured it out and now show two friends. Thanks guys. Still don't like the big fact zero. Being fat all my life, I know what it is like to have no friends and being excluded. I don't need this thread telling me I have no friends. I would like the reps back or nothing at all. We should have a choice on what we display.

I can't imagine how many people on this site are feeling the same sickening feeling I felt when I saw zero. Hope they change it.

Phyl your new photo is great that is you isn't it? Love you hair and makeup. I want my band NOW!!!!!!! I'm at the Social Worker and Nutrinest stage my appointments are 2 mo apart I will be old before I get it all done. LOL - Hi to all of you and love reading this site your all great. Thank you

Carol

justmeyouknow. Yes I agree with you. Phyllis you look great. Are you at goal? Good luck on your journey Justmeyouknow. Your time will come.

THANKS!!

You two are TOO KIND!! No makeup... just me.

I'd just had my hair done... new cut & styled.

I'm down almost 80 lb, but a long way from goal.

But feeling great and on my way!

yeah, I figured it out and now show two friends. Thanks guys. Still don't like the big fact zero. Being fat all my life, I know what it is like to have no friends and being excluded. I don't need this thread telling me I have no friends. I would like the reps back or nothing at all. We should have a choice on what we display.

I can't imagine how many people on this site are feeling the same sickening feeling I felt when I saw zero. Hope they change it.

I agree. Especially since it's not that easy to figure out. I had a "friend request" this morning and took me a while to figure out how to accept it. I liked the "rep" things, too. But I don't think most people understood what that was either.

As for "0" friends. Some time in the last year or so I signed up for one of those blog sites.... MySpace or something similar. And I sent a "freind request" to a few people including my oldest son. When he sent back his acceptance, he had to tease me about feeling sorry for me because the site said I had ZERO FRIENDS!

36_2_80.gif

I finally got my Wii and now waiting for FredMyers to get a fitness board I have connection my DH works there and they will hold me one when they get them hope it soon can start that before Surgery to build up some muscles. Got my Granddaughter a Bratz game and glad I like the music its on alot. I was Blessed and have had her since she way a newborn. I tell you it can sure make you tired at time with all this weight I'm carrying and My back (had 3 back surgeries) my hip is bothering me and one knee my legs hurt most of the time to the point I find it hard to walk.

7_4_20.gif How's everyone doing? I have this problem with PBing a lot and wonder if anyone else has the same???? Had a super bad one last night. Ate Tabouli salad for dinner, nothing else. about midway through the bowl of Tabouli I began PBing. Every single bite wound up PBing out. Below is the ingredients. Tring to figure out why it made me so sick. I have a lot of trouble with fresh veggies. Anyone else have this?

3 bunches of parsley

2 med. tomatoes

1/2 onion

1/2 bunch of scallions

2 lemons

1 1/2 oz. olive oil

1/2 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. allspice

1/2 tsp. dried mint

Touch of black pepper

1/4 c. raw bulgar wheat or cracked wheat