Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New 60+ Thread

You all are doing great. Phyll sorry about the bump in the road but you will beat that.

I am very impressed with the over sixty group losing so much weight and sticking with it.

I have been at my weight since April 1 so I am going to have to do something to get it going also. I haven't changed the weight loss eating but I think it is time for something drastic like more of that sweat stuff.

I do tend to keep my band a little on the loose side but that is how I like it.

Good luck to you all and have a great day!!!!!

I don't post much but I am on here a lot lurking and you guys are great inspirations.

You all are doing great. Phyll sorry about the bump in the road but you will beat that.

I am very impressed with the over sixty group losing so much weight and sticking with it.

I have been at my weight since April 1 so I am going to have to do something to get it going also. I haven't changed the weight loss eating but I think it is time for something drastic like more of that sweat stuff.

I do tend to keep my band a little on the loose side but that is how I like it.

Good luck to you all and have a great day!!!!!

I don't post much but I am on here a lot lurking and you guys are great inspirations.

Good to hear from you again. I went back to clinic yesterday. They did another esophogram to recheck. Swallowing was so so. They had me drink some barium and they watch while it goes down. Then gave me a pill to swallow. Last time it wouldn't go down at all. This time it took 2 glasses of Water before it finally went down. Said my esophagus is still a little dilated. But, after the P.A. consulted with the Dr., they decided to put back half of the Fluid I had before... so, 2 1/2 oz put back in. Don't feel much restriction. So I go back in 4 weeks and hopefully they'll get me back to at least 5 cc. P.A. gave her blessing to my 1 small glass of wine and SF, FF latte each day! She wants me to keep a food diary... which I HATE to do, cut carbs wherever possible, and ramp up my exercise. So I told her I was thinking of getting a dog! She got really excited about that... Said the first bariatric conference she went to one of the "experts" said that if you have a patient who is having trouble exercising, tell them to get a dog! And if you don't see them start to lose weight, tell them to get ANOTHER dog!! LOL! So I'm hoping to go look at a shih tzu later today!

Good to hear from you again. I went back to clinic yesterday. They did another esophogram to recheck. Swallowing was so so. They had me drink some barium and they watch while it goes down. Then gave me a pill to swallow. Last time it wouldn't go down at all. This time it took 2 glasses of Water before it finally went down. Said my esophagus is still a little dilated. But, after the P.A. consulted with the Dr., they decided to put back half of the Fluid I had before... so, 2 1/2 oz put back in. Don't feel much restriction. So I go back in 4 weeks and hopefully they'll get me back to at least 5 cc. P.A. gave her blessing to my 1 small glass of wine and SF, FF latte each day! She wants me to keep a food diary... which I HATE to do, cut carbs wherever possible, and ramp up my exercise. So I told her I was thinking of getting a dog! She got really excited about that... Said the first bariatric conference she went to one of the "experts" said that if you have a patient who is having trouble exercising, tell them to get a dog! And if you don't see them start to lose weight, tell them to get ANOTHER dog!! LOL! So I'm hoping to go look at a shih tzu later today!

Sounds like a great plan, Phyll. That barium, tastes nasty! Hope that you can get back on track, tho' Good luck. :thumbup:

Phyll - I want to see a pix of you and new dog. I have a maltipoo (11 lbs.) and I OWE him a walk every day. No excuses, he deserves a walk.

Phyll - I want to see a pix of you and new dog. I have a maltipoo (11 lbs.) and I OWE him a walk every day. No excuses, he deserves a walk.

Oh... I bet he's a cutie! No dog yet. Lady decided she didn't want to sell to me! I was the 5th person she turned down. She said she was concerned that we don't have a fenced yard and she's afraid we will find the dog "annoying" because she wants to play constantly and she's always underfoot. follows her everywhere. So... don't know if she'll ever find that perfect person she is looking for. Now I submitted an application to a rescue place or a Shih Tzu mix that I found online. Not sure she is the right dog either.... rescue dogs.... you never now what they've been through. So... I'm still looking. But between that and no sunshine, and rain and clouds... fighting depression big time this week! Finally the sun came out today.

Can't believe you were turned down. Hoping the right baby will find you soon.

Hi,

News from me. I went to my GP this am. She hadn't seen me since my Lapband surgery. She was so proud of me. She said all my blood test results were great. I have great cholesterol. It was up before. She is having me cut my blood pressure meds in 1/2. She saw a Dr friend of hers and said this is my patient, she had Lapband surgery, and "How much weight have you lost?"

"I have lost 82 lbs, but 43 lbs since surgery." Her friend said I see, looks like only some toning is needed now, or cosmetic surgery. I said, "No, if I was 35-40, maybe I would think about it, but not at 62." !! It was a great day booster:wub:.Thanks for listening, Karen.

very nice compliment. congratulations of doctors approval and your hard work

Hi, News from me. I went to my GP this am. She hadn't seen me since my LAP-BAND® surgery. She was so proud of me. She said all my blood test results were great. I have great cholesterol. It was up before. She is having me cut my blood pressure meds in 1/2. She saw a Dr friend of hers and said this is my patient, she had LAP-BAND® surgery, and "How much weight have you lost?"

"I have lost 82 lbs, but 43 lbs since surgery." Her friend said I see, looks like only some toning is needed now, or cosmetic surgery. I said, "No, if I was 35-40, maybe I would think about it, but not at 62." !! It was a great day booster:wub:.Thanks for listening, Karen.

super - inspiring me to get moving.
very nice compliment. congratulations of doctors approval and your hard work

Yeah, Karen!! CONGRATS!! That's wonderful! It didn't take long for my doc to drop one of my cholesterol pills. I still take Fenofibrate, but even since last year... total cholesterol went from 168 to 158. She's had to cut my BP meds a couple of times, and I think my BP is still kind of on the low side. But you know what happens when you go to the doctor... you walk back there, get on the scale, etc. and by the time they start pumping up the BP cup... my BP is up to about 110-115/75 or so and she says "perfect". But if they were to let me rest... it'd be about 90/50 and I think that's a little too low. When I had my knee replacement last summer...I scared those people. I think they stopped giving me one of my BP meds while in the hospital because my BP was so low.

It's fun getting healthier, isn't it!!

I'm doing an hour of vigorous pool PT twice a week and using the adjoining gym for wgt machines and recumbent bike several times a week. So hope to see the scale moving once again.

Yeah, Karen!! CONGRATS!! That's wonderful! It didn't take long for my doc to drop one of my cholesterol pills. I still take Fenofibrate, but even since last year... total cholesterol went from 168 to 158. She's had to cut my BP meds a couple of times, and I think my BP is still kind of on the low side. But you know what happens when you go to the doctor... you walk back there, get on the scale, etc. and by the time they start pumping up the BP cup... my BP is up to about 110-115/75 or so and she says "perfect". But if they were to let me rest... it'd be about 90/50 and I think that's a little too low. When I had my knee replacement last summer...I scared those people. I think they stopped giving me one of my BP meds while in the hospital because my BP was so low.

It's fun getting healthier, isn't it!!

I'm doing an hour of vigorous pool PT twice a week and using the adjoining gym for wgt machines and recumbent bike several times a week. So hope to see the scale moving once again.

Good for you. My daughter has me doing couch to 5k. It is only our 4th day of doing it.

We have been using the tread mill because its too hot outside to do it. And we are the "lightening capital of the world" here in my part of Florida, so that is another problem we have on summer afternoons/evenings.

Good for you. My daughter has me doing couch to 5k. It is only our 4th day of doing it.

We have been using the tread mill because its too hot outside to do it. And we are the "lightening capital of the world" here in my part of Florida, so that is another problem we have on summer afternoons/evenings.

that's great! Sometimes I use my Wii to exercise, too. There's a walking thing on the Wii Fit, and I love the balance games, bowling and golf. Some of my friends use those walking DVDs for inside exercise... walk in place. I should get one of those maybe... I need to walk more. I've heard of others doing that couch to 5k thing. One of our gals on our "lucky 7's" thread is doing marathons since she lost her weight. Another one participated in a 60 mile, 3 day walk for breast cancer last summer.

36_2_37.gif

Me... I want to get a dog I can take for walks!16_2_104.gif

Wow, I wish that I had the energy to do either a marathon, or 1/2 marathon. I often wanted to do the 3 day walk for breast cancer, too. Maybe next year I will have built up the stamina for those things.:biggrin:...Well good luck to us all on our efforts to better ourselves. The doctor wants me to work on my hubby, next!

Hi,

News from me. I went to my GP this am. She hadn't seen me since my LAP-BAND® surgery. She was so proud of me. She said all my blood test results were great. I have great cholesterol. It was up before. She is having me cut my blood pressure meds in 1/2. She saw a Dr friend of hers and said this is my patient, she had LAP-BAND® surgery, and "How much weight have you lost?"

That's wonderful Karen. Isn't great getting compliments from your doctors! Congratulations!!!!

Phyll -- love your animation holding the poodle's tail. Can hardly wait until you find that perfect baby.

Mine is cuddled up next to me right now.