Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New 60+ Thread

i was banded on tues

and had the hernia thing done

I had to go this morning and the doc removed some Fluid

- I was burping a little and could not keep anything down

if I sip or have a little Soup - comes back up

will this ever get better

I thought I was better but the same things are happening

does this ever get better

it will be a week tuesday

I am very depressed and miserable

and afraid this is not going to work for me

please help

after you are better - what does a day's worth of food look like

can I ever have like half a sandwich, half a fruit

for lunch

I am thinking I made a horrible mistake

twirl I was banded in August of this year and the first week or so you have to stick to small sips of liquids. It really does get much better. Yes, I can eat a half sandwich, and apples, etc. The key is chew, chew, chew!!! Hang in there!!

Well Phil I was there with Kaiser lost the weight .sent in the paper work emailed the doctor to let him know .then nothing when ever I called to report my weight the box was always full I could not contact any one

the doctor was so nasty I decided I did not want him to operate on me .so now I am with aetna and I Jan. I try again I've been trying sense 2006 ,but I'm not giving up

Jazz

Twirl: I am confused! Didn't your doctor/clinic give you prescribed diets to follow. For instance, I was on clear fluids , then fluids, then mushies then real food. Yes, it should get better as time goes on, but I would suggest you call your doctor for further discussions on what to and what not to eat and how to eat. Most of us have been taught to eat not more than 1 cup of food per meal and to have hard Protein every three hours when on solids. Take extremely small bites and chew anywhere from 22 to 30 times until the food is watery in your mouth then swallow. It should take you 20 minutes to complete a meal. Everyone is different, but I was told to abstain from any "white" food such as bread, potoatoes, rice, etc. because these foods do not pass thru from the pouch to the stomach very easy.

As I said, please return to your clinic and ask for instructions, which they should have given you at the time of discharge.

i was banded on tues

and had the hernia thing done

I had to go this morning and the doc removed some Fluid

- I was burping a little and could not keep anything down

if I sip or have a little Soup - comes back up

will this ever get better

I thought I was better but the same things are happening

does this ever get better

it will be a week tuesday

I am very depressed and miserable

and afraid this is not going to work for me

please help

after you are better - what does a day's worth of food look like

can I ever have like half a sandwich, half a fruit

for lunch

I am thinking I made a horrible mistake

someone help please

I have little air bubbles

and burping and losing whatever I drink

plus I have many meds to take with small sips of Water

I am miserable

I can not keep anything down

am afraid I will dehydrate

I am on dialysis too so I need to watch Fluid intake

but this is an extreme low amount of fluid I can keep in

what do I do

banded tuesday

some fluid taken out today

it is sat and I feel like I need to have it removed

I have been taking more than small sips but not much

I can not keep down a ice pop

please help

desperate

Hi Twirl,

Please call your doctor's office asap and tell them it is an emergency. Given your medical issues, it is even more important that you keep in touch with your doctor if and when problems arise. Good luck, dear, we are all rooting for you. Please let us know what happens with your doctor.s advice and how you are doing.

Nancy

thanks for your post

I saw my doctor this morning and he removed some Fluid

I do not know if it was in the band or what but he said now I will get hungry

I swallowed a sip of Water before I left his office and that went down okay

but I have not been taking small, small sips and I have had this only since tuesday and a hernia repair

and the hernia was big

also I ate like a container of sf Jello

the 6 or 8 ounce little package

maybe that was too much

I feel like I need this thing out

will it be better to sip all day and eat

1/4 c of jello - pudding- soft things

will things get better

please help

i followed the before diet of two small meals and two shakes a day

now I am on liquids for two days after surgery and then

now that it is past 48 hours --- I can have Jello, thin pudding -- things like that--- soup------ blended in the blender

and the Protein Shakes 1/4c at a time --- small sips

but to tell the truth I have been swallowing more than small sips

this is hard after being hooked on food for so long

I am drinking no sodas

tea and Water and eating nothing

it will not stay down

do you think I am trying to eat to fast

warm tea seems to be the most agreeable thing

I am so afraid I made a major mistake

and everyone--- thanks for all your advice

you help me and thanks

I need to lose to get on a kidney transplant list

I am 59 and 230 lbs

and on dialysis

should I have this band removed

it seems so many people love their bands

will I ever be able to keep food down

Twirl, Hang in there.....Things WILL get better. I am not sure you are following week 1 clear liquid schedule.. Take a sip (1 oz only) every 10 minutes. Sip no straws. No puddings this week. I am confused like doddie. Did you get any schedule of eating and drinking before or after banding?

also, try some warn chicken or beef broth. Again, sip or eat with a baby spoon.

My Dr will not put in a fill during the surgeryl He waits until month visit.

What kind of preop consultation did you get?

Please hang in there... we are all with you!!!!!!!!

Twirl it sounds to me like you are panicking because you are not sufficiently educated by your clinic as to what to expect. The band is a tool and you must make every effort to learn how to live with it including learning to take small sips or drinks. However, we can't help you, that must be done through your doctor. If you are thinking of having the band out, it sounds to me like you are fighting having to give up your old habits and probably was not ready for the regime the band imposes. You must go back to your doctor and talk to him/her.

now that it is past 48 hours --- I can have Jello, thin pudding -- things like that--- soup------ blended in the blender

I am drinking no sodas

it will not stay down

you help me and thanks

I am 59 and 230 lbs

and on dialysis

Hello!! My first time to look at this group. I am not 60 yet, but I am look at all groups to learn everything I can before my surgery 12/19/08. That last statement makes it sound as if I am going in blind, which is not the case. I have been working on this for 18+ months, and am starting the last week of waiting!! Yea!! :)

I am drinking no sodas

it will not stay down

you help me and thanks

I am 59 and 230 lbs

and on dialysis

Very, very small sips and very small amounts right now... like no more than 1/2 cup at a time... My doctor had me on Clear Liquids two weeks, full liquids two weeks, mushies two weeks before moving on to solids. also, told me 1/2 cup at a time and take at least 20 minutes to get it down. You must take it very, very slow. WArm tea is a good idea.

welcome to the group and congratualtions on your upcoming surgery. If you are referring to my statement, I was referring to "Twirl". I printed her post with her name, or are you referring to someone else?

Hello!! My first time to look at this group. I am not 60 yet, but I am look at all groups to learn everything I can before my surgery 12/19/08. That last statement makes it sound as if I am going in blind, which is not the case. I have been working on this for 18+ months, and am starting the last week of waiting!! Yea!! :)

Twirl I agree with everyone here. You must talk with your doctor and often! We can provide emotional support but your doctor will help you with all your medical issues. It is easier as time goes on, I promise you that. Small sips and eating small portions (yes, even small portions of SF Jello, pudding and soup) work best for most of us. Even now, if I eat too fast because I am in a hurry or forgot to eat and am feeling hungry (usually more emotional than physical hunger), even a cheese stick can get stuck! So, it is a learning process for many of us. Your band is a wonderful tool, and if you give it a fair chance, listening to your doctor and following all the bandster rules, I believe you will lose weight and get healthy in no time.

Good luck and hang in there, my friend.

Nancy