Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI thread (I guess we got moved!)

All the lower BMI people, our old thread is closed and we need to be here

to stay in touch!

Wow, I'm gone a day and look at all the changes! Not just our own thread but our own forum! Cool!

I thought we already started a new thread...i'm so confused... :wink:

Yea, Alex moved us and closed the original lower BMI thread.

I think everyone will find us here.

May I join your group? I just had my surgery Monday and am doing well, i started with a BMI of 40, at 203lbs and am looking to get to 130.......thats about 66lbs away from where I am. Just post back to me if its okay.:wink:

Of course you can join us!

All the lower BMI people, our old thread is closed and we need to be here

to stay in touch!

Hi Denise822

I was banded on Oct. 14,2007

My starting weight and BMI was similiar to yours when you were banded

It looks like your weight loss has been gradual and I have found that to be my experience as well.

I am comforted and inspired to see that you are close to your goal weight since I was feeling unsuccesssful as compared to some of the others who were banded the same day as myself.

Many of them have lost an upwards of 35-40lbs and I thought I was doing something wrong.

Do you agree that lower BMI's loose more gradually or do you think that it is just the fact that everyone is different?

Thanks

I know my weightloss has greatly slowed down in the last 2.5 months. I was losing my 10pounds a month and then I lost 5 pounds in 2 months.

I'm just now starting to lose again. I rechecked my diet and started exercising (finally). I know the closer you get to goal the harder it becomes - but then each pound packs a bigger punch too (right?).

Yes, I definitely think the weight comes off slower for those of us who do not have as much to lose. Plus I am sure for me, being older

is why I have been slow to lose.

I know it's going to take awhile for this last 10 to come off. It doesn't seem to matter what I do, the scale isn't budging. As long

as I don't gain, I am happy. I think the scale will move eventually. It always has in the past.

I just joined this thread, too. Boy it really is helpful. I started at BMI 39 and was Banded on Sept. 11, 2007. I am a little overfilled, so gonna have a tiny bit taken out, but still losing. I was baffled at first, too, seeing people drop 50 pounds right away, and it is great hearing other lower BMIs describe gradual weight loss.

Thanks for letting me in!

Lisa

Hi Lovingwhatis....we are very close in weight and loss and we had our surgeries pretty close too! I've only had one fill and I've not found anything yet that I cannot eat or drink. I think I'm going to go in for my 2nd fill next week....I made it through the holidays and lost some weight, just tried to stick to the one bite of each thing for dinner and I guess it worked...we won't talk about the drinks at New Years...but oh well..... I have a 10cc band with 2.0 fill that I got in Nov i think...I absolutely HATE needles, so not sure what I was thinking...thought I could take it......ok...maybe I can....I've noticed the scale moves VERY slow, but i am loosing ton of inches and have gone down 3 sizes...so guess I won't complain...but it is SLOW!!!!!!!

I know my weightloss has greatly slowed down in the last 2.5 months. I was losing my 10pounds a month and then I lost 5 pounds in 2 months.

I'm just now starting to lose again. I rechecked my diet and started exercising (finally). I know the closer you get to goal the harder it becomes - but then each pound packs a bigger punch too (right?).

Wombat

You are doing so well getting to your goal weight.

It must feel great to accomplish your weight loss and be so close to goal

Good advice to do a reality check of the diet and excercise every so often.

I am going to write down my meals this week and take a look back at the end and see if I need to tweak.

Hi Lovingwhatis....we are very close in weight and loss and we had our surgeries pretty close too! I've only had one fill and I've not found anything yet that I cannot eat or drink. I think I'm going to go in for my 2nd fill next week....I made it through the holidays and lost some weight, just tried to stick to the one bite of each thing for dinner and I guess it worked...we won't talk about the drinks at New Years...but oh well..... I have a 10cc band with 2.0 fill that I got in Nov i think...I absolutely HATE needles, so not sure what I was thinking...thought I could take it......ok...maybe I can....I've noticed the scale moves VERY slow, but i am loosing ton of inches and have gone down 3 sizes...so guess I won't complain...but it is SLOW!!!!!!!

Texas Rose

I hate needles too, but for some reason I have been able to relax and stay pretty calm during the two fills I have had.

I think I am just so excited that I know this needle is really going to help me that I can block it out.

3 sizes is awesome!!!

You must feel great.

Nice to hear from you , Tex! Yeah, I can relate. I have lost sizes, feel great and all the rest. I just need a little out of the band so I can get off soft foods and have more choices. I am realizing how even slight overfilling is not good. So glad to find u and this thread. I think we will be glad on the slow in the end...!

I have the APband. Have no idea how much is in it. I think 6cc?

Yep it is pretty cool to wake up in the morning and have so many choices where there use to only be one option "TIGHT"....and I've tried on EVERYTHING in my closet just because I can......: )....it's kinda fun....and it was really cool to give away bunches of clothes that had become my mainstay of wears! So, not complaining...I know I want to be at goal by my bandiversary..which is Sept 08..and I knew going in with a lower BMI might take longer...now, that's not to say I couldn't start exercising and being a little more cautious of what I'm eating....I'm going to get better...Going to suck it up and get a fill this week..............OMG......can I GET SOME VALIUM TO GO WITH THAT!!!