Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I might as well be fat my whole life!

I lost 6 pounds between my surgery and my first fill, and my second fill is on Jan 21st. As you all know, the holidays came, and I cheated so badly that I guess I lost motivation in what I was doing, and went back to eating crap every day. I'm not full at all, but of course I only have 5 cc's in a 10 cc band. I don't know- maybe it's because I'm getting so impatient and so frustrated with the whole thing because it's already been about 10 weeks and I've only lost 6 pounds. I just can't seem to get back on track with my dieting and exercise. My family keeps buying these brownie and cake mixes and I fall into the trap! I'm so disappointed in myself. I feel like I don't deserve the band. I just need that motivation back because I want to lose this weight- I'm just getting so impatient. When am I supposed to start only eating 3-4 ounces? I'm so frustrated...

You need to stay positive. Ask them to support you and to not buy things that trigger you. When you feel yourself going towards the cheating side of the house, go out for a walk, just find something else to do. The feeling does pass if you occupy your mind with something else.

Adjusting the eating has been the toughest, after all we didn't all get fat by eating right. But make small changes in your life. I heard that its takes a little time to find the sweet spot from the fills so hang in there. It will happen.

You are not experiencing anything out of the normal. Don't feel like a failure. You still have practically zero restriction. Some folks (like me) don't get decent restriction until their 3rd or 4th fills. Now, that being said, you need to steer clear of things that in quantity are "bad" for you....i.e., brownies, etc. Get some other stuff in the fridge and whenever you even THINK you might be getting antsy to go get yourself something you probably should stay away from, go pop yourself a sugar free Jello cup or something. Try jello cups with fat free topping. If one doesn't cut it, eat two....they're only 10 cal apiece. I got in the habit of eating whenever I had a craving coming on or felt like I was going to slip....except I made sure what I was eating was more in line with something that would FILL me up, but still be low of caloric content (at least lower than chocolate cake, Cookies, etc.).

My husband has a 10 cc band and was like you after his first fill. He could eat practically anything during the holidays and gained back the 10 lb he lost after the first fill. Now he has his second fill--6 cc in a 10 cc band--and is doing much better.

When I feel myself starting to binge, I eat something I know will get stuck a bit, like a bite of bread, on purpose, just to stop myself from eating anything more. Probably not the healthiest thing to do, but it does work.

I lost 6 pounds between my surgery and my first fill, and my second fill is on Jan 21st. As you all know, the holidays came, and I cheated so badly that I guess I lost motivation in what I was doing, and went back to eating crap every day. I'm not full at all, but of course I only have 5 cc's in a 10 cc band. I don't know- maybe it's because I'm getting so impatient and so frustrated with the whole thing because it's already been about 10 weeks and I've only lost 6 pounds. I just can't seem to get back on track with my dieting and exercise. My family keeps buying these brownie and cake mixes and I fall into the trap! I'm so disappointed in myself. I feel like I don't deserve the band. I just need that motivation back because I want to lose this weight- I'm just getting so impatient. When am I supposed to start only eating 3-4 ounces? I'm so frustrated...

MysticalKS

Don't give up, you just have not reached the proper fill to use the the band as the tool it is intended to be.

Speaking from experience, until my band was at the right fill, I hadn't lost any weight during the holidays for 20 years.

You lost 6 lbs with moderate to no restriction!!!

Get back in the saddle, refocus and get your next fill, ....you will be able to make things happen.

Avoid looking at the big picture right now, it's too overwhelming... Just simply take one day at a time. Wake up tomorrow morning 1/2 hour earlier, pump up some high-energy dance music & move around. Nothing elaborate, just have fun. Then for Breakfast measure your portions & take one small bite at a time, eating very slowly. When you find yourself tempted by a high-calorie item, give yourself permission to have a bite --- but in 10 minutes... (During those 10 minutes re-evaluate why you need that calorie-laden item.) After 10 minutes if you're still craving it, go ahead and have a bite (one bite). Then walk away & focus on something else, unrelated to food. As others have commented, it is really unfair of your family not to support you in your efforts to obtain a healthy lifestyle by their allowing foods in plain sight at home that are unhealthy (not only for you, but for them as well!) & then expecting you to simply walk away from them. If it's right there, I can't walk away from those types of goodies either. You're not alone! Whatever you do, please don't beat yourself up about it. You made a courageous decision to go through the preparation process & surgery. You are on your way to a healthier life, one pound at a time.

Hey, generally in February our Curves (and I think others) runs a special for food banks, whereby you take in a few items of food and the initial membership fee is lowered or dropped altogether!

Okay, so you take the cake and brownie mixes in, sign up for a year and you've killed two birds with one stone!!! :smile:

Seriously, I'm sure there are exercise programs in your area which you could participate in--there is nothing better for the body than exercise and Protein, baby!

Remember, every day is a new beginning and I really think you need to tell your family that you need all the support you can get. But in the end, you've got to get your resolve back on and go for it!!

What you need is a serious fill. I would call your surgeon first thing in the a.m. and go get one. With that being said, you need to recommit yourself today and get moving. You can do it. Count your calories and only eat 800-1k a day. No more junk! Do it now!

And I bet you have stopped drinking your Water. Right? Don't give up, just go back to the basics. You are not a failure. You are experiencing what all of us bandsters will go through at some point. Work the band. You will do much better when you get the proper fill. Just watch now so you don't gain too much. Try gettting in more water and more Protein. I have not been gaining but I have not been losing the past two weeks. I will be getting my first fill in about 3 weeks. I hope I can last that long. Each day is a new start. Perfection is not always needed. Just do the best you can an strive for at least 80%.