Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for Memphis,Tn LapBand talk

hey,

Imaducky,

Dr. Woodman's office submitted my paperwork for insurance approval on Mar 25, 2008. I was also told it would take 2 to 12 weeks. 4 weeks later, low & behold I received an approval letter at my home from the insurance company with a cc to Dr. Woodman . I called their office and was told that they have not received it yet. I offered to fax them a copy of mine. I now a date for my lab work on May 7th. After my lab results are sent to Dr. Woodman's office they will set the appointment for a face to face. I have not had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Woodman yet, but have heard that he has the personality of a granite statue.

By the way, I live in Mississippi, but work in Memphis.

Terry

Hi TLWick!

I saw your post and saw your Dr. was Woodman. He is also my Dr. and I am waiting for band surgery. I am from Cordova/Memphis, TN and a new member here. I would like to talk more with you sometime re: your surgery and experience with Woodman. I am hoping my approval/surgery goes as quick!

By the way, I've heard the same thing re: Woodmans' personality -lol! This could be a plus... maybe well be 'good little patients' if we're afraid of getting scolded!...(just kidding) hehe.

Thank you so much!

Hey,

Just wanted to let you know that my labs are complete. I had to go to a clinic near Methodist G-town and get blood drawn. Then I had to go over to the hospital where I had an ultrasound done, an x-ray of my abdomen & chest (had to swallow a cup of strawberry berium, yum yum :thumbup:). Then I had an ekg done. The nurse told me that the results are faxed to Dr. Woodman's office. I am hoping that Dr. Woodman's office will call this week and set an appointment for a face to face. I heard that at this time they will schedule the surgery.

I am really getting excited.

Terry

Congratulations Terry!!!

I'm excited for you..lol! Almost a date!!!!! Yeah!!!! I'll be thinking about you and looking for an update.

Melanie

Hey Guys!

I had to tell somebody of my HUGE accomplishment! Well, huge to me anyway. Yesterday was my seventh anniversary married to DH and the first time in 6 yrs that I weighed LESS than 300 lbs. Yesterday, I weighed myself at :thumbup: 299 lbs. I was so happy :tongue2: and :thumbup: thanking God. I know there is a very long way ahead, but that seemed like such a big deal to me. Thanks for letting me share!

Melanie

Dr. Woodman's office called yesterday and I have an appointment for June 2nd with Dr. Woodman to schedule my surgery. I am really, really excited. They told me to expect to be there for 2 to 3 hours.

Terry

Hey Terry,

Things are really moving for you. Thanks so much for keeping me updated, because I'm right behind you. I just received a surgery approval letter from my Insurance Co. today. They cc'd Dr. Woodman and I expect to call his office Monday. This is so exciting! :)

I Just have to do the "happy dance"... :woot:...lol.

Melanie,

Just remember, if they say they haven't received it yet, offer to fax them a copy.:biggrin2:

You should be getting your dates for your labs soon.:leaving:

Hey Everyone

I am from Memphis as well. I was banbded on May 20 2008 so my journey is just begining. Dr. Woodman did my surgery as well. You all are right, he does not have very good bed side manners but when ever I speak to anyone about him they say He is one of the best doctors and he wants the best for his patients and that is all that matters...good luck to everyone

browneyedgoddes,

Just curious, when you had your second visit with Dr. Woodman, how long did it take from his office visit to the actual surgery. Also, did you need to lose weight before the surgery?

Terry

When I meet with Dr. Woodman the first time I had only done two months of the supervised Dr.'s visit for cigna. During that 4 months I did the shrink visit, visit to the nutritionist, got letter of recommendation from pprimary doc and lost 30 pounds in the mean time. On Feb 11 everything that was needed was turned in but the office did not submit my paper work until Feb 20th to the insurance company( it takes time). They don't just send it right off. At the seminar they made that clear and they asked that we not call the office over and over again because they work as timely as they can.

Anyway after all that the insurance company took 2 1/2 weeks to make the descision to allow me to have it. I didnt call the office I let them call me even after I recieved the letter of approval in the mail. But I kept calling the insurance company up until I knew they approved me. About a week and 1/2 after I got the letter of approval Dr. Woodman's office called me and ask me to come in for the visit to schedule my surgery and to talk withDr. Woodman. This is the visit that they say that last about 3 hrs. But it only lasted about an hour and 1/2 for me. I scheduled my surgery for a month later but i could have taken a date 2 weeks later.

He told me that I had to lose 5 pounds b4 surgery but I actually lost 6. But the week I scheduled my surgery I was doing my monthly(big mistake). When I told the nurse this she said that Dr. Woodman doesnt believe in women gaining wieght during their cycle. But it didnt make a difference. I wieghed a 1/2 pound more that I wieghed during the last office visit at the wiegh in the day before surgey.

I didnt even see the Dr. I just saw the nurse. She was nice about because she knows that as a woman you gain wieght during your surgery.

Hope all is well

Samantha