Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February/March 08 plastics

Yay Harley!! You sound like you feel much better hon!!! How come you are on antbiotics?

I am glad that hubby was there to help you it must have been much less traumatic!! I would say try to keep the areas that have been lipo'd as tight as possible, they have separated the skin from the fascia and you want it to knit back nice and tight without any ripples, that normally takes about 1 month, it will be worth it to get the best results.

How are the puppies doing?Are you pleased with the size of them after all the last minute panics?

I acnt belive you have been pill free for that long!! And ghere I am moaning about my ear!!LOL I am planning to still be on morphine at that stage!

Do you have any idea when the drains are coming out? What do you think of the results so far!!??

Mine look like pessaries, much to my dismay I seem to be able to swallow them no problems at all, hmmmm I need a fill I think!!LOL

OK, guys. I am feeling a little better today. I have been getting worried because I didn't know anything leading up to my surgery. I didn't know which hospital (she works out of 2), when my pre-op was and what it consisted of, nothing. I called a couple of weeks ago and was told I would be getting a call in the next week or two from the coordinator to go over all of that. Well, I called this morning and left a voice mail. The coordinator called me a few minutes ago and everything is a go. My surgery will be at 11:AM at Presbyterian - Plano. The same one I had my Band surgery at. I liked it and am pleased to be going there. I have my pre-op on the 28th that consists of an EKG, Chest X-Ray and blood work. She will call me tomorrow with the exact time as the pre-op place was already closed for the day. I said a couple of weeks ago to my wife that if I didn't like my PS so much, I would change do to her office staff. They are nice enough, but are not very forth coming. They take forever to call back and don't offer a lot of info. Anyways, I feel better now. When she calls tomorrow, she will also schedule my post ops. I'll keep you guys updated.

Hi Neal,

I didnt realise that you were getting worried hon, sorry!

It seems to have all worked out well though, you know the hospital and like it, and the pre-op sounds really comprehensive! Neal it is only 5 days til your pre-op!!!! Does that make it more real for you????

I am in this comfortable la la land at the moment where all I am thinking about is the end result, the how I am going to get there is barely registering in my conscious mind!!LOL

How about you?

Nina x

Thanks Nina. I think the better word would be frustrated even though I said worried. :-) Just didn't like not knowing the plan. I am really ready now.

Neal, thanks for asking, I'm doing really, really well. I'm a new me since getting those awful drainage tubes out. What a freakin relief. The "girls" are doing well and the tummy is quite flat, except for a little swelling. Making sure to keep tight compression in the tummy area to avoid any Fluid build up. The last thing I want to deal with is having those tubes put back in or a needle inserted to withdraw fluid YIKES, so needless to say, I'm being a model plastic surgery patient :smile:

I love my new belly button, I've never had one up that high before, lovein it! I'm even walking straight and tall.

Thanks for asking, you've got quite the transformation going on yourself, WTG!

Neal, thanks for asking, I'm doing really, really well. I'm a new me since getting those awful drainage tubes out. What a freakin relief. The "girls" are doing well and the tummy is quite flat, except for a little swelling. Making sure to keep tight compression in the tummy area to avoid any Fluid build up. The last thing I want to deal with is having those tubes put back in or a needle inserted to withdraw fluid YIKES, so needless to say, I'm being a model plastic surgery patient :smile:

I love my new belly button, I've never had one up that high before, lovein it! I'm even walking straight and tall.

Thanks for asking, you've got quite the transformation going on yourself, WTG!

Glad your doing so well!

Its getting very real now. I got a call today to pre-registar at the hospital so I just went online and did that. I have my pre-op this coming monday and surgery 2 weeks after that. Can't believe how time has flown by

I am very peeved at the moment cos I think that I have perforated my eardrumNinaxx

Nina, how's the ear? Do you have full hearing back yet?

I started having this very intense pain in my back

Harley, is your back feeling better?

As for the pressure garment I was actually thinking of painting my arse red so that the bit sticking out looked even more like a flamin baboons!

Nina, Darlin' you seriously crack me up! :smile:

I'm a new me since getting those awful drainage tubes out.

Yeah! Congrats! You are moving right along, Harley. Thank you so much for helping the rest of us ease into this, knowing things have gone so well for you so far.

Neal, glad to hear you've got your ducks in a row, and ready to go!

No real excitement or news on my end. Just busy, trying to get stuff done before surgery, knowing I'll be laid up for a while. I'm a little worried about my 85-year old mother, though. She lives in her own apartment, but I'm her sole caregiver, taking care of all her transportation, grocery shopping, meal prep, organizing meds, paying bills, etc. etc. She has done pretty well over the past few months, but recently has taken a turn for the worse, physically and emotionally, and I've been researching Assisted Living facilities. I had planned on bringing her to stay here during my first week after surgery, but now I'm a little concerned that it might be too stressful for us both. On the other hand, she might actually do better having someone else to care for.

Tami

Neal, thanks for asking, I'm doing really, really well. I'm a new me since getting those awful drainage tubes out. What a freakin relief. The "girls" are doing well and the tummy is quite flat, except for a little swelling. Making sure to keep tight compression in the tummy area to avoid any Fluid build up. The last thing I want to deal with is having those tubes put back in or a needle inserted to withdraw fluid YIKES, so needless to say, I'm being a model plastic surgery patient :frown:

I love my new belly button, I've never had one up that high before, lovein it! I'm even walking straight and tall

Hi Harley, are you happy with the size of the puppies? What did you opt for in the end? Glad to hear that you are being a good girl post-op:wink2: You sound so thrilled and so chipper, do yo ufeel like a new woman now,or are you still recovering?

Glad your doing so well!

Its getting very real now. I got a call today to pre-registar at the hospital so I just went online and did that. I have my pre-op this coming monday and surgery 2 weeks after that. Can't believe how time has flown by

I told you it would!! It wont be long now before we are both walking into the hospital, thinking ARRRRRgggghh!!LOL

Nina, how's the ear? Do you have full hearing backyet?

No real excitement or news on my end. Just busy, trying to get stuff done before surgery, knowing I'll be laid up for a while. I'm a little worried about my 85-year old mother, though. She lives in her own apartment, but I'm her sole caregiver, taking care of all her transportation, grocery shopping, meal prep, organizing meds, paying bills, etc. etc. She has done pretty well over the past few months, but recently has taken a turn for the worse, physically and emotionally, and I've been researching Assisted Living facilities. I had planned on bringing her to stay here during my first week after surgery, but now I'm a little concerned that it might be too stressful for us both. On the other hand, she might actually do better having someone else to care for.

Tami

Nope totally deaf in one ear! Cant decide if it is a blessing or a curse, sure cuts out a lot of the kids bitching at each other!

Nightmare situation with your mum though, do you have any siblings that could pick up the slack?

I see what you mean about the bringing her to live with you, how able is she, is she fully compus? It could do her a world of good to look after her baby for a bit! But if you are locked into the care-givers role it might be hard for you both to adapt to the switch. I will ponder on it. Do you have 'meals on wheels' over there?

Hope that everyone else is chugging along quite happily, take care all of you!

Nina x

just checking in... wanted to tell everyone how close we are (as if you didnt already know!!)

tami - so sorry to hear about your mum. you think she'd be ok staying with you and 'nursing you back'? that would keep her task oriented ... **shrug**

nina - i could use a deaf ear about now too... DD is just nonstop talking!!

Thanks, you guys. Mom is ambulatory, but uses a cane. She doesn't have much energy or strength, though, and spends most of her day in bed. Her mental condition is slipping, too. I prepare most of her meals and take them to her. All she has to do is stick 'em in the microwave for a few minutes. But, her micro went out recently and I bought her a new one that said it was "QUICK and EASY" (and it is). But, it took her three weeks to learn (and be motivated) to use it. In the meantime, she was using the stove top and had a scary incident where she left the food on "high" and walked away and forgot it until the smoke alarms went off and reminded her! Aging is sad. But, I'm glad I'll go into my golden years thinner and healthier!

I'm still leaning towards bringing her home with me, even though I know she'll be challenged to work *my* microwave, remote controls, etc., just because if she's at her apt. alone, she'll just lie there and worry about me.

Tami

I got my insurance info back today and it was denied. I figured thats the decision they would make. So, I am going forward as a self pay. I am not going to appeal, but I am going to write a letter to tell them how I feel. Even though I don't get rashes, I do have significant muscle seperation and psychologically need this done. I still don't consider it cosmetic -- it is reconstructive. I will be nice and thank them for being so good with approving WLS - UHC was a breeze to work with. But I am going to point out that not allowing this, it is like only allowing me to complete a portion of my journey.

Neal, I was self pay too, another ouch, lol.

I'm doing quite well, went shopping today, but new girls aren't much smaller than before, the lady who measured me at Dillards said I was still an H, OMG! I'm still swollen from the Lipo, but I KNOW these girls aren't the same size, LOL, so she suggested I wait a few days.

I also discovered an end stitch, which I thought had just dissolved was open, started itching, so I "itched" it a little and then looked and it's a hole, so I'm calling in the am to see if it needs some glue or something, please not a stitch, but I don't want a pucker or a hole there.

Tummy is doing well, 100% diff without the tubes. Hubby still massaging the lipo area, ok, just figure you slammed your hand in the car door, it's black and blue, and now you've been told to massage it, ouchie! The doctor said it has to be done, my hubby (smart a$$ that he is said), no pain, no gain.

Take Care, hope to have pictures soon.