Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February/March 08 plastics

Hi Tami!

I have to respectfully disagree with the people who say that loose skin is too much fat, if that were the case the amount would decrease as you lost more weight,not increase!

Dont you dare question your decision, you are in amazing shape, far far better than I am, and I am happily trundling into surgery!

Kudos on the 4" snowman :) did you get a picture?

Hmmm chair lifts, I think that one may stretch my French to the max! I am more worried about how I am going to get in and out of my compression garment!!LOL I was like a dying fish thrashing around trying to get into it at the shop after I had been measured!

I am very peeved at the moment cos I think that I have perforated my eardrum, it hasnt stopped hurting since the first landing when I couldnt get it to pop for ages and now there is blood coming out of my ear!!! Bugger I wonder if that will mean that I cant fly for a while??? Oh holy moly I dont want to have to drive to France :)

Ninaxx

Where are you all????? I am all alone........:girl_hug::biggrin2:

Oh and I forget to say, the anaethetist wanted me to unfill, but when I pointed out that I was going to have another fill when I got back on Friday she agreed that if I didnt get that fill she would let me leave it as I am now!

Does that make sense???

Nina, well, I started off like a trooper, then I started having back pain, WTF? Wednesday night I started having this very intense pain in my back on the left side, so, after two nights of pain, I assumed I had pneumonia, from being put to sleep, so off to the local doc in a box I go for xrays, turns out it was not pneumonia. The doctor said it was muscle spasms, BS! He gave me muscle relaxer, didn't do chit, duh is it me or don't ya think the muscle would ache all the time, not just when I'm flat on my back? I'm not supposed to sleep on my side, but that's the only way I can lay in the bed without pain.

Yes I have peeked, I get light headed each time I take a shower, turn white as a ghost and almost pass out. I think it's because of the change in blood pressure after I release the "binding" tummy garment.

I still have to have help getting the garment back on because it's so tight, but I'm going to tackle the lone shower today, but I'm going to take the garment off lying down and give it a few minutes before I attempt to shower.

The "girls" are looking ok, the tummy, well I still have the tubes, what a pain in the a$$, did I already tell y'all that, hopefully, they'll come out tomorrow. But, the tummy is flat and I have a new belly button :girl_hug:

Also, because I had lost so much weight, my legs had sagged in the inner thigh, so I asked him to do an extra tug in to lift out what he could and it seems to have worked.

Well, gang, off to pop off the tummy vice and try a shower...solo.

You know I share to a fault. LOL I have added it to my signature. Would for everyone to look,

you are going to look even HAWTER!!! :ohmy:

I'm back!!!!:lol:

welcome back ... i am extremely jealous and have decided that i am no longer going to speak with you ... :wink2::wink2::wink2: such a lucky ducky, France for weeks, a new hot bod ... <whine> i wanna come too!!!

I'm down to four weeks, and I'm excited and apprehensive. I've run across messages at a couple of sites (including LBT) saying that most "loose skin" is just still too much fat. Although I disagree, it makes me wonder if I've really done all I can to make the most of myself without all that surgery. I hate it when I question decisions I already made!

Tami

oh but pardon me... HELL NO. you are so incredibly fit and look amazing... point me thier way and they can pick on my big belly, that's fine. i'll tell them exactly where they and their nasty comments can go! grrrrrrrrrr :angry:

I still have to have help getting the garment back on because it's so tight, but I'm going to tackle the lone shower today, but I'm going to take the garment off lying down and give it a few minutes before I attempt to shower.

The "girls" are looking ok, the tummy, well I still have the tubes, what a pain in the a$$, did I already tell y'all that, hopefully, they'll come out tomorrow. But, the tummy is flat and I have a new belly button :)

Also, because I had lost so much weight, my legs had sagged in the inner thigh, so I asked him to do an extra tug in to lift out what he could and it seems to have worked.

hope your shower went well.

you think the back pain may be due to the fact that you may hunch over and walk? i've seen those complaints before ???

just how tight is this garment? im concerned that i'll have problems getting in/out of mine at work. do they have ummm ... crotch holes (for lack of a better term) so i can go and not take the whole thing off?

i am doing ok. today is my 'busy time' at work, but im at a lull right now. we'll see how long that lasts. :lol:

LJM, when I had my prev "mini" Tummy Tuck the garment was crotchless, but this time it was/is like a very very snug girdle with hooks/eyes and a zipper. Needless to say everytime I had to go potty I had to fidget with the crotch flap, so that got cut off day two :lol:, now I just wear panties over top the garment.

Could be the pain is from being crouched over, dh says every day, hold your shoulders up, yeah right!

The garment is TIGHT, I have to undo the top, afraid it will damage my port of band, and I still have whelp marks from the elastic...ouchie

Oh, shower went well, just takes a long time getting ready, then hanging the drains on a hook around your neck, then dressing the wounds after the shower, whew, time for a nap, not to mention I'm very weak in the knees when I see all those bandages and cuts and stitches and, oh my, that's me!

Nina, well, I started off like a trooper, then I started having back pain, WTF? Wednesday night I started having this very intense pain in my back on the left side, so, after two nights of pain, I assumed I had pneumonia, from being put to sleep, so off to the local doc in a box I go for xrays, turns out it was not pneumonia. The doctor said it was muscle spasms, BS! He gave me muscle relaxer, didn't do chit, duh is it me or don't ya think the muscle would ache all the time, not just when I'm flat on my back? I'm not supposed to sleep on my side, but that's the only way I can lay in the bed without pain.

Yes I have peeked, I get light headed each time I take a shower, turn white as a ghost and almost pass out. I think it's because of the change in blood pressure after I release the "binding" tummy garment.

The "girls" are looking ok, the tummy, well I still have the tubes, what a pain in the a$$, did I already tell y'all that, hopefully, they'll come out tomorrow. But, the tummy is flat and I have a new belly button :lol:

Oooh Harley, I suppose you could look at it that you got away with feeling ok fir a couple of days...... (((hug)))

I have read about the backache before on make me heal, have you been walking straight or are you still kind of hunched over?Loads of the women on there say that the hunched walking gives them really bad back spasms. Can they give you stronger painkillers?

As for the pressure garment I was actually thinking of painting my arse red so that the bit sticking out looked even more like a flamin baboons!

I am glad that you managed the solo shower, but can you not have them at night when DH is around to help you in and out of the garment?

I have heard that day 3-6 are the worst and after that you really turn a corner, I hope that you start to feel better soon ((((hug)))) and you know that when you get that first WOW moment it will all be worth it!

Nina x

Losin - I wish you were hon!! It was a great experiance, but I am sure that I will have other things on my minds when I am there next!

As for how tight are the garments... picture a very fat fish thrashing around on the shoreline and you have the correct image of me trying to get into mine,if I just wore that forever I wouldnt need a flamin Tummy Tuck or lipo!!

How are you chickydee? It s getting ever closer!! I have kicked up the exercise but my band has defiantley loosened off, oh god its all down to will power....!!

Neal - I know, I just keep thinking it will be here before we know it, have you been fitted for your pressure garments yet?

Nina x

How are you doing?

im doing ok ... having the day from hell at work, but ya know... i'll live. it wouldnt be a day at work without someone screaming at me..

i am down to 38 days (not including today and the day of, of course :lol:)

i cannot imagine them trying to fit me for a garment right now... good thing they are only providing me with a binder, i 'get' to order my own garment myself.

Love your way of counting!! That means I am down to 19/20!! I swear to god I look like an emaciated baboon in my garment, I cannot even begin to imagine getting it on/off AFTER sx it took me ages when I was able bodied!

How are you going on the diet front? I am doing pants, the best that I can say is that I am avoiding the crap......most of the time.... what can I say I am weak....

I see that the lbs are coming off but is it hard work? I know it is always hard,but some arent as painful as others.

I went to the docs about my ear, I have got a small perforation and because I left it 3 days beforer seeing him I have also got a mega infection, so I am on donkey strength anti-biotics, do you think I should tell my PS's office?

Nina x

Love your way of counting!! That means I am down to 19/20!! I swear to god I look like an emaciated baboon in my garment, I cannot even begin to imagine getting it on/off AFTER sx it took me ages when I was able bodied!

How are you going on the diet front? I am doing pants, the best that I can say is that I am avoiding the crap......most of the time.... what can I say I am weak....

I see that the lbs are coming off but is it hard work? I know it is always hard,but some arent as painful as others.

I went to the docs about my ear, I have got a small perforation and because I left it 3 days beforer seeing him I have also got a mega infection, so I am on donkey strength anti-biotics, do you think I should tell my PS's office?

Nina x

but the garment should go on better with a smaller you... :lol::biggrin: i cannot wait til surgery!! CANNOT WAIT!!! comeon, just gut wack me now, please!! :wink2:

diet, ehh... pounds are slowly coming off. i am trying Atkins induction for a little bit. not sure how long i'll last on it, but hey, bacon, eggs, steak ... i'll take it!

i'd tell your PS's office. specially since you have a bit still til your surgery. it's antibiotics, but i'd still disclose.

hope it's feeling better soon!

There is something just glorious about Atkins isnt there, if you like french food you are laughing, all those cream sauces!!!

I know what you mean about it cant come soon enough, we both said when we were there that we would do it tomorrow if we could!

The ear actually feels fine now I am just deaf! He was a bit shocked that I wasnt rolling on the floor in pain when he looked in it, I hope that bodes well for when I have the op!!

You are right I guess that I should tell them really, after all it is 3 weeks to go, I am only on the tablets 3 x a day for a week so that will give it plenty of time to get out of my system.Flamin typical though isnt it!

Oh yea gang, remember to tell your ps doctor to prescribe small antibiotics or pill form that can be cut. I told my doctor's nurse and yep, you guessed it, huge capsules, non cuttable, they still go down, but I would have preferred smaller or tablets that I could cut.

Hubby was at home this am to assist with the zipping. My "issued" bra is like a sports bra that hooks in the front, does not provide any support or compression for the Lipo done under the arms or on the rear "flank" areas, will check into that tomorrow. Also, will be going to find new garments for tummy, my doctor prefers patients chose their own after the first week, even thought about spanks. I'll check with him tomorrow and see if that will work. Just please take these tubes out, errr!

I still have not taken pain pills since Wednesday night and that was only 1/2 a pill, then Friday I tried a muscle relaxer, that was a waste, so it's just a Tylenol PM before bed time. Very minimal pain, actually I would describe as discomfort here and there :lol:

TTYL