Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February/March 08 plastics

I shouldnt think TOM will be a problem,do you (sorry in advance Neal) use tampons? If so I would think that other than you not being entirely happy about the situation,it wont be a problem. Lets face it I am fully expecting to have not a shred of dignity at any stage in the process!!!

Oh dear I hadnt even thought about actually getting up off the toilet, oh noooo (TMI WARNING) how are we going to wipe our tushes???? Think of the twisting involved there!!! Thats a grim thought......LOL

How come you are wearing the compression garment for so long?

yup, im a plug wearer, i was actually too big for pads for so long, i just stopped wearing them and never went back.

yeah, w/ TT & mons lift, i was basically told to check my dignity at the hospital entrance :rolleyes:

i've already prepared DH that he may have to do everything for me and i told him that may involve taking care of when i ummm, yaknow, and during TOM. he said he's OK with that, im not going to ask again cause that question was difficult enough the first time... :tongue:

i've read that swelling can continue up to 6-8 months after surgery, i wear a 'sucker-inner' now anyway and to be honest, i think i'd feel lost without one... even if it's not a medical compression garment, i think i'll be wearing one for quite awhile. plus the one that i wear now helps with hips and thighs too! LOVE the Avenue Shapewear. i am just starting to fit into the 14/16 shapewear though and that's as low as they go... not sure what i'm gunna do after that....

LJM: hope that fill does the trick and helps you get where you want to be before surgery. But, keep in mind that right now it's more important to maintain your muscle mass than it is to lose fat, so keep up the protein! Thanks for the tip on Old Navy. I love drawstring pants anyway, and that sounds like quite a deal.

Nina, I plan to get just one extra set of support garments. I sent a letter to my surgeon with a bunch of questions, and one was what type of support garments he recommends, how much they cost through him, and whether I can buy them separately. I have a feeling they are probably much cheaper online. Has anyone checked out eBay? They are so expensive, and frankly, once you're done with them, you're DONE with them, ya know?

Also, I gotta mention to you that I've eaten tons and tons of one-pot dishes, chilis, Soups, and it hasn't hindered my weight loss in the least. I keep everything healthy and low-fat. I honestly think if you focus too much on eating plain/dry meat and veggies that it will ultimately sabotage you because of the lack of variety. The best thing *for life* for all of us is to cook and enjoy healthy foods and stay away from restaurants, fast food, and pre-packaged/prepared foods!

Here's my list of stuff to have on hand before surgery, compiled partly from the lists that LJM and I posted, and a few extras. Some of the things I already have on hand, but put them on the list to remind myself to have them accessible in my "recovery zone" (bed/recliner):

1. List of important phone numbers, including surgeon's
  2. House phone and cell phone
  3. Remote control
  4. Gopher grabbing tool
  5. Books/magazines
  6. Medicines in liquid form and liquid measuring cup, including anti-nausea medicine such as Zofran
  7. Nutritional supplements including Vitamin C and Arnica Montana (helps w/ bruising/swelling)
  8. Stool softener and/or laxative
  9. Tylenol, chewable or liquid
  10. Timer or alarm for meds, check-off sheet for meds, chart to note drain contents
  11. Ice bags, heating pad
  12. Recommended wound cleansers, ointments, bandages and scar products
  13. Thermometer
  14. Extra set of compression garments and Spanx (or Assets from Target--cheaper!)
  15. PJs and/or track suits that open down the front
  16. Slipper socks and slip on shoes/clogs (I think I'm going to get a pair of those slip-on clog-style athletic shoes.)
  17. Tissues
  18. Laptop, Nintendo DS, plus cords
  19. iPod
  20. Wet wipes
  21. Head bands/pony tailers/scrunchies/bandannas
  22. Plenty of pillows, including a firm one to hold while coughing, and a wedge to elevate upper body in bed
  23. Rolled up pillow or blanket for under knees to ease lower back aches
  24. Pail or coffee can with lid (take in car for ride home in case of nausea!)
  25. Earplugs and eyemask
  26. Water, Crystal Light, and Green tea
  27. Soups, pudding, yogurt, Jello, fudgesicles, crackers, vanilla wafers, Protein drinks
  28. Moisturizer
  29. Pen and writing pad
  30. Flashlight
  31. Small trash can
  32. Camera with fresh batteries
  33. Hand mirror

I wish I had a recliner with an push-button lift system. The one we have takes way too much arm strength to pull out the leg rest, and too much ab lifting to get up from the recline position. It was a struggle getting in and out of it after the lap band surgery, and that's a drop in the bucket compared to this surgery. I'm gonna have to think on the best alternative.

I get a full Brazilian every couple of months anyway, so I'll probably get a touch up the week before surgery, unless the doc tells me otherwise (sorry Neal, TMI, I know!)

Another note I made to myself is to make sure and take some pain med before getting the drains removed at the post-op appt.

(Sorry this is so long, just trying to cover everything in one message!)

Tami

Oh Lordy I really hadnt thought about it til now....... the girl that I am going with is my friend but I think there are somethings that even best friends shouldnt share!!! I am in France so I am just gonna have to make use of the bidet the majority of the time and save the turning for when I really need it!

I hear a lot of good things about spanks, I have got some marks and spencers own, control girdle waist leg and thigh thingies, for after the medical garments come off. How long do you wear the medical one for, do you know?

I have a thing about tight clothes, I hate them, everyone laughs at me cos i will always go the size up to get the comfort so I am dreading the compression bit :rolleyes: Oh well it will probably be the least of my worries at the time and I know it will all be worth it!

LJM: hope that fill does the trick and helps you get where you want to be before surgery. But, keep in mind that right now it's more important to maintain your muscle mass than it is to lose fat, so keep up the protein! Thanks for the tip on Old Navy. I love drawstring pants anyway, and that sounds like quite a deal.

Here's my list of stuff to have on hand before surgery, compiled partly from the lists that LJM and I posted, and a few extras. Some of the things I already have on hand, but put them on the list to remind myself to have them accessible in my "recovery zone" (bed/recliner):

I wish I had a recliner with an push-button lift system. The one we have takes way too much arm strength to pull out the leg rest, and too much ab lifting to get up from the recline position. It was a struggle getting in and out of it after the lap band surgery, and that's a drop in the bucket compared to this surgery. I'm gonna have to think on the best alternative.

Tami

Hi Tami,

i am still getting in tons of Protein. i've decided to do 1 day shakes (when i find one i that doesnt make me gag), 1 day food, etc... shakes only was making just that ... shakey ... and i literally could not move last night i was so tired...

we have a recliner that is a PITA to get out of, i think what i'll do is just put an ottoman (sp?) so my legs are propped up and i may even put a wedge pillow for my knees too... who knows?

i was fine with sleeping in bed after LB. i even started sleeping on my tummy (port side) the 2nd or 3rd day. i am definitely a tummy sleeper, not sure how im going to sleep after TT!! :rolleyes:

thanks for the comprehensive list. all i have right now is a big long list of URLs... thanks!!!

C

Tami, thanks so much for that hon, I have just got off the phone from them again and they are sticking to saying that if I eat casserole I will be able to eat twice as much and I will be hungry 2 hours later, it is nice to hear that you can eat good wholesome food and lose weight with the band!

Brilliant list by the way!!! I will be copying that and getting loads of the things off it!

I am getting sooooooo excited now, I cant believ how close it is!!!!

No need to appoligize ladies :rolleyes: I am use to it now. WLS seems to be more of a girls thing too, though it seams to be changing.

My PS said she was going to be lifting the skin on my upper pubic area too, not sure if its still called mons on us guys. My dad is bringing me a lift for the toilet seat too so I don't have to go down so far too sit. Might be a good thing for you ladies as you have to do that much more than I will.

Nina - One month fromt oday! Getting real close now. I scheduled mine 3 months out, so the time has gone by pretty slow, but now that its closer the reality is really starting to set in. I find myself in the mirror pulling up the skin to imagine what I will look like post op. Anyone else do that?

No need to appoligize ladies :rolleyes: I am use to it now. WLS seems to be more of a girls thing too, though it seams to be changing.

My PS said she was going to be lifting the skin on my upper pubic area too, not sure if its still called mons on us guys. My dad is bringing me a lift for the toilet seat too so I don't have to go down so far too sit. Might be a good thing for you ladies as you have to do that much more than I will.

Nina - One month fromt oday! Getting real close now. I scheduled mine 3 months out, so the time has gone by pretty slow, but now that its closer the reality is really starting to set in. I find myself in the mirror pulling up the skin to imagine what I will look like post op. Anyone else do that?

Neal - Do I do that? Do I ever stop doing that!!!! LOL I am getting obsessive about it :tongue:

It may be TMI for you but I have heard that when they do a blokes version of a mons lift, it has a very positive effect on the outward apperance of the willy! Just thought you would want to know :rolleyes:

I had my consult and booked the surgery in October, and it seemed like a lfetime away, but I must say it has rocketed! I cannot belive that on Tuesday i am flying out for my pre-op and final consult, I hope he isnt disappointed in me, I saw him 2 weeks before I had the band fitted and I was so cocky, I really thought that I would have lost 30/40lb now, of course I hadnt reckoned on bandster hell and the lack of proper restriction! I am getting another fill while I am in Lyon so I hope ( fingers crossed) that I can lose another 10lb between now and surgery!

I am getting my daughter to take some before pictures for me,but the only person that has any pre-band pictures is my PS as he took a load last time I was there. I will try to get a copy of them off him to spur me on!

Neal, would you like me to put mons lift in your profile on the first post :tongue:

i think im gunna have to suck it up and get a toilet seat lift ... geesh, this surgery is costing me a fortune and a half!!

I find myself in the mirror pulling up the skin to imagine what I will look like post op. Anyone else do that?

nooooooooo... *looking around* not me ... i cant imagine anyone ... *looking over shoulder* doing that ... :rolleyes:

It may be TMI for you but I have heard that when they do a blokes version of a mons lift, it has a very positive effect on the outward apperance of the willy!

Hey, according to Dr. Oz, a guy gains 1" for every 30 lbs. he loses. So, at -159 lbs, Neal's already "up" 5.3 inches! :rolleyes:

And, yeah, I play with my skin, too. Even better is the view above me in the tanning bed. The one bed I like going into has a mirrored top. When I look up at my nekkid self, it looks like I'm lying in a skin-colored butt puddle!

Tami

Hey, according to Dr. Oz, a guy gains 1" for every 30 lbs. he loses. So, at -159 lbs, Neal's already "up" 5.3 inches! :tongue:

And, yeah, I play with my skin, too. Even better is the view above me in the tanning bed. The one bed I like going into has a mirrored top. When I look up at my nekkid self, it looks like I'm lying in a skin-colored butt puddle!

Tami

:wink: I PMSL when I read those comments! A big Wooo Hoo for Neal then is it!!! What a delightful picture you paint of your suntanning sessions babe...skin coloured butt puddle........ROFLMAO!

post-225572-13813136237932_thumb.jpg

post-225572-13813136238144_thumb.jpg

post-225572-13813136238357_thumb.jpg

post-225572-13813136238545_thumb.jpg

post-225572-13813136238747_thumb.jpg

This one is when I tense the muscles on my tummy! As you can see I will be getting my moneys worth from the surgeon!

post-225572-13813136238959_thumb.jpg

nina! you look great! my tummy is 10000 times worse. not sure if i will be brave enough to post naked belly pics. here are 2 from my last picture session. you REALLY cant see my tummy in all her glory (thank god). its still really big. REALLY.BIG.

Just imagine what a HUGE difference it will make when it is gone though hon, you are going to be tiny!!!! I have seen some of your other pics and you have got really slim legs and hips, you are going to look bl**dy amazing afterwards hon.I cant wait to see you smiling even more in your afters.

Do you think it was TMI to put the one from the back on? I can take it down if anyone is offended.