Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February/March 08 plastics

Nana: You make me feel so good. You and I are close in age and I have been worried. I'm a tough broad and when you say it wasn't that bad, I feel comforted. I'm sure that we'll all have our moments when we wondered, what was I thinking!? I think this is like worrying abuot giving birth. Yes it's bad, but you can do it! Better yet, we'll look a lot better when than after giving birth (at least in the long run)! Thanks for keeping me/us grounded.

Connie, you're one day ahead of me. Let us know how it goes!

Tami,

wow, seems so real now, huh? that is good news about their refund policy, but i dont think that you will need it. you'll be all good, i'm sure.

I'm confident that my labs will be fine, but ya just never know, ya know? And I'd rather not lose a $500 deposit because of a technicality!

Tami -

Do you have to get clearance from your PCP before your PS will perform your surgery?

Yep. That's a requirement from the surgeon. I had to get clearance for the lap band surgery, too.

Tami: I think I will take an Ambien tonight.

Sounds like a grand plan, Karey, especially with a sore jaw! Hope it feels better tomorrow. You're just getting the whole "extreme makeover" treatment, huh? I've actually been thinking about Lasix next, :tt1: , when we can afford it!

Gals, I must just be odd or something, but I didn't need all those meds.

Love, love, love hearing your experiences! I also read the Plastics forum at Obesity Help, and way too many are about the problem cases. But that's usually the way it goes...people with positive experiences often don't post! So, thank you so much for sharing! However, I don't plan to find out whether or not I can do without the pain med, at least for the first few days. I plan to set an alarm, and take it on schedule! I fell asleep when I got home from the Lap Band surgery, and the nap overshot my next med dose by a few hours. When I woke up, I was in extreme pain, and had to get up to pee! Not a good combination. Then, it took like 45" for the meds to kick in. So, I learned my lesson. I *will* take my pain meds on time.

Glad you're a little in love with the new tummy, Harley! :tongue:

Tami

Harley - Glad you are doing so well. I hope mine goes so well :biggrin:

I have to thank Nina again for pointing me to Make me heal. Its a great site and I have learned a lot from the boards. There are a couple of guys there, but I think I am the only one who actively posts. You all got me comfortable enough to hang out and discuss these type of things with you ladies :hurray:

One thing I heard over there was using anti-bacterial soap before surgery. They say it helps prevent post op infection, not guarnteed, but helps. Makes sense to me

One thing I heard over there was using anti-bacterial soap before surgery. They say it helps prevent post op infection, not guarnteed, but helps. Makes sense to me

I've heard that, too, Neal. And, those of us with surgery within the next two weeks really need to be extra cautious about our hygiene in general. We sure don't want to catch something that ends up postponing surgery. So, wash those hands, wipe down the equipment at the gym before you use it (after, too), and carry around a bottle of antiseptic gel, and use it often!

Tami

I've heard that, too, Neal. And, those of us with surgery within the next two weeks really need to be extra cautious about our hygiene in general. We sure don't want to catch something that ends up postponing surgery. So, wash those hands, wipe down the equipment at the gym before you use it (after, too), and carry around a bottle of antiseptic gel, and use it often!

Tami

I know, I am getting paranoid about it. I work in a call center and we have a LOT of people sick right now. I went and purchased Lysol spray and wifes and hand sanitizer for the whole department on my company card yesterday. I told everyone that I refused to let them get me sick and postpone things LOL

I know, I am getting paranoid about it. I work in a call center and we have a LOT of people sick right now. I went and purchased Lysol spray and wifes and hand sanitizer for the whole department on my company card yesterday. I told everyone that I refused to let them get me sick and postpone things LOL

:frown: OK, that *might* qualify for overkill, but I ain't sayin' it! My daughter works at a tanning parlor. She cleans up the beds after people tan. eeewwww. I bought a HUGE pump bottle of antiseptic gel for the staff.

Tami

:frown: OK, that *might* qualify for overkill, but I ain't sayin' it! My daughter works at a tanning parlor. She cleans up the beds after people tan. eeewwww. I bought a HUGE pump bottle of antiseptic gel for the staff.

Tami

LOL the funny, thing is, it wasn't even my idea. One of the supervisors that reports me suggested it. I told her that was an excellent idea! :frown:

HI All,

I just want to jump in here because I just got insurance approval for my panniculectomy! Surgry Date is March 7!! I can't believe it's really happening and I'm so excited!! I enjoy reading everyone's posts, it's so helpful to be part of a group that is going through much of the same issues you have! Thanks for being here!!

Blessings, Mary

Hi guys and gals!!!

OMG I am getting sooooooo excited ITS FEBRUARY!!!!!!!!!!

I was wondering why you dont all stick your head through the door on www.makemeheal.com they are a great gang and there is a Feb sx list that ousooner and I are on. They have got a lot of people on there to give pre and post op advice and they are really friendly - if slightly deranged on occasion!

Ousooner - LMAO I feel like sheep dipping the kids every time they walk through the door, I swear they are walking chemical warfare factories!! I have already caught a cold off one of them, but other than banning them from the house ( hmmmm that works for me on soooo many levels) I cant see how I can avoid it!! Glad that you are enjoying makemeheal.com hon, they are a lovely bunch arent they!

Tami - How ya doing hon?? What is lasix? Have you heard back yet about your bloods? Good news about the refund situation - not that you are going to need it!! I am glad that you talked over the staple thing with hin as well, I know that was bothering you. You sound like you arewell organised now!

Nana - Cor hon, you are one tough lady!!! I am going to take everything they offer me, and then possibly ask for more!! How are the scars healing up now? You sound so chill about it all!

Connie - How exciting is it!! TT BL and BA, you are going to look smokin after all that hon, get those piccies up!!!

Losing - my hunny, how are you? You should come and jump on the MMH thread with me and Neal, it will be a hoot, the first feb lady is in today so we are all willing her on at the moment. PMSL at the going airbourne comment, its about the only way to guarantee that you dont get a bug isnt it!! How is the diet and exercise going? I have been working my tush off, but I was STARVING yesterday, I think it is linked with my cycle, seems to be when I have just ov'd?

Karey - Have you decided yet on the implant front? Dont get worried hon, we are all here for you, we will all get through this together! Wow teeth veneers! You are going to look amazing when all this is over! I wouldnt worry about the pain hon, when I had an absess on a tooth it hurt waaay more than giving birth did, toothache is the worst!

Tracey - Thanks for popping over and keeping an eye on us! How are you doing at the moment hon, is the band behaving itself?

Mary - Welcom aboard hon, it makes it so much more real when you have a date doesnt it!! Are you going to put some pre-op piccies up?

Love and hugs to all

Nina x

HI All,

I just want to jump in here because I just got insurance approval for my panniculectomy! Surgry Date is March 7!! I can't believe it's really happening and I'm so excited!! I enjoy reading everyone's posts, it's so helpful to be part of a group that is going through much of the same issues you have! Thanks for being here!!

Blessings, Mary

Mary - how exciting! Congrats :party:

Dear Ous and Nina,

THANK YOU so much for your encouragement! CONGRATS to you as well for your upcoming PS adventure! It just seems so unreal to me, that it will really happen! I don't know how brave I am about putting pics up yet, maybe with clothes on to start! LOL! I have benefitted alot from the pics people have shared on the PS thread in Obesityhelp.com. I'm going to check out the website you mentioned NIna. Thanks!!

Mary

Tami & everyone: I was just reading so info on makemeheal. There is an article about what to eat before and after surgery. The article specifically mentions green tea and caffeine as things to avoid. I'm sure there are other opinions, but I wanted to give you the link so you could decide for yourself. Nourishing Don’ts: What Not To Eat Before & After - Make Me Heal