Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

TracyK..I mentioned the same thing to our black haired lady. Here's the pic I sent her..

ROFL..that is fantastic!! :thumbup::lol:

Good evening, Violets..

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh rehearsals are done for the week. All I have tomorrow is a nail appointment. Ethan comes at 7:30 so I'm going to head to bed pretty soon, so I can be up and showered before he gets here.

Still no heat in my pool.. if I don't get to swim in it this month, I'm going to be really disappointed!!

Lunasa.. good to hear from you again!

My Godson just stopped by to thank me for the birthday card I gave him with some cash stashed inside. He's 16 today and got his driver's license so he drove over to give me a thank you hug. He's such a good guy. Actually he's the son of the lady next to the black haired lady in the picture. She's our church organist and accompanies me when I sing and makes me sound good. I couldn't do it without her.

As for Kindergarten... I gotta tell you, I'm glad I got out when I did. When I went back to sub and then to visit, I was shocked by the reading program they had. The kids were sitting for long periods of time doing reading work. I asked about playtime and they said there was no time for that. We used to have a great program for the kids. It was so much fun. We did a letter a week with a special theme for the letter. A was apples and we did apple activities all week and then we made applesauce on Friday. B was bears and we made Bear Biscuits, C was Cowpokes and I got to talk with my southern twang and we had a campfire (fake, of course) on Friday. It was Friday cookin' day each week. They don't do any of that anymore. I always looked forward to P week which was popcorn week. We had a Popcorn/pajama party on Friday and I got a new pair of pajamas each year to wear to school. It was always so much fun. Now it's read, read, read, write, write, write. Like I said.. I'm glad I'm retired. The homework assignments we used to give were family projects, like filling out a family tree, or decorating a Thanksgiving turkey. I had lots of my students reading by the end of the year, but that was not a requirement like it is now. I guess that's progress.

Jenn.. those sliders sound like our White Castle burgers. Greasy little postage stamp size burgers with onions on a steamed bun that go down in one bite. I haven't had one of those since April 2007.

PamELa.. make that FORMER roomie. I gots me a new chickie now. And she's a PRES.!! She does have some pooping issues, but I'm not prejudiced in the least.

Well, I better check my email and then head to bed. Everyone have a great evening. sleep well!

Jenn, A 60 calorie yogurt for Breakfast. A salad for lunch. Snacked on some pretzels. A salad for dinner and some cheese. A handful of peanuts for an evening snack. Done for the day. I think I've done pretty good.

We had our shift at the hospital tonight. Boy were we busy. I don't know if it's the cold weather or what but the hospital was packed. We did a lot of running tonight.

TracyK, we do have a heater in our pool but the weather only got up to 61 degrees here today and it's only going to be in the mid 70's for awhile. I can't tolerate cold like I used to and shiver when it gets below 75 outside.

Have a great evening.

I'm eating a coca cola chocolate cake from Cracker Barrell, and I don't care who knows!!

There, I said it.

Thank you for the card Michelle, was so sweet and since it's near DH's b'day he was all put out "Who sent YOU a birthday card??" HEHE

Nice to see you again Lunasa, yes enlighten me on some cool irish fairy names :thumbup:)

Night ladies!!

Dear Violet Sisters-

Your gift of flowers really touched my heart today more than you can know. They are just beautiful and the smell is filling the house. You are all so sweet and loving and I appreciate each of you very much. Thank you!!!

Pamela - I finished the rosary today and I have to say it really is beautiful. I'll photograph it tomorrow, along with my flowers!

Terry we may not be able to be there with you physically, but we are all there with you in spirit...and we want you to know that! I cannot imagine the rosary being anything but beautiful---everything you have made that I have seen has been, and this has more love behind it than anything else you have ever done, I am sure. Your Mom is looking down smiling----and bragging to all the other angels that HER daughter made that!!!!

As predicted, we lost.....again! I played 3 innings, got 2 hits and a walk. Made a RBI and scored once myself, second hit I was put out on 2nd.....The guy batting behind me tapped that ball and it landed right at the shorts feet, where he tagged me as I went by heading for 2nd. Then the 3rd time I was on 2nd when we got our 3rd out on a pop fly.....then she pulled me and I watched from then on.

Rick got pulled at the same time, I guess she thinks we are joined at the hip. He hit a triple and 2 singles, scored each time, and brought in 4 RBI's.....he is doing GREAT, she just doesn't see it!!!

This is a co ed league so we have to play an equal number of men and women, and alternate the batting order. We have this girl, Lorinda, she used to work for Rick as an office clerk, I LOVE her, she says anything she is thinking!!! She is a fair sized Navajo girl, and VERY butch---in fact that is her nickname for herself. Partly because of her orientation and partly because one of the big bosses is named Butch and she digs at him that way. So she wears her hair buzzed, and dresses in mens shorts and cleats----so the umpire who was a total witch--tells her "You are batting out of order-automatic OUT!" Lorinda tells her "No I'm not" the ump says last batter was a man---to which Lorinda grabs her boobs and says "Look Ump you and I play on the same team, and I have TITS!" The witchy umpire did not know what to say----she just looked dumbfounded, while our entire team and stands are roaring, so she just yells Play Ball!!! It was worth losing for!!!

Laura I am anxious to see what Fairy names Lunasa comes up with, how fitting would that be for you....although I can see a little fairy sitting on the perfect petal of a Lily....being so named.

TracyK---how did Macy do today???

Manda begins her 2 day nuclear stress tests tomorrow to compare to her base lines from the beginning of this. Will tell us if damage has occurred during the time between, and if so how fast it is progressing. Will help decide if she is headed for heart surgery or not.

Well, I am going to check my mail, and head off to bed. My stomach is better, I grazed all evening long! I am still really quick to fill up---well same as before the problem, but soon found myself eating again. Guess there is no happy medium for me!!!

See ya in the morning....nighty night!

Kat

Morning Ladies...

quick check in before i run to the gym.... up and dressed just need to dry my hair...

Kat - glad you are feeling better

Terry - (((((((HUGS)))))))

Well, i survived food pron yesterday anyway, i'm only down 3lbs this week... why did it work so much faster when we couldn't eat, i still had more than i am now???? at least it is not another +3... 6 more to go to get to my lowest... how sad is that? well going to work out, taking tomorrow morning off since i have to be there for swim lessons on saturday morning.

have a good day every one

You just know that a wondrous new day awaits you when you awaken at 5:30am to your precious child standing next to your bed, sweetly whispering in your ear:

"I think I'm going to puke."

Make it a good one, Vi's!

OK Laura here are some names for you to ponder over... I'll give you the proper spelling and then the phenetic (ph) (why is that word so hard to spell?)

Girls First...

Maebh, also spelled Maeve..(ph) May-ev...She was the queen of the fairies

Roisin....... (ph) Roe-sheen.... Means little rose

Grainne.....(ph) Graw-nya.... Means Grace, also a famous pirate Queen!

Orlaigh, also spelled Orla... (Ph) R-la.... Queen of Gold

Clodagh... (ph) Clo-Da....Deriv of Claddagh

Sibeal....(ph) Shh-bale.... Meaning little Fairy

Aoileann....(ph) E-lan or A-lean.... Deriv of Eileen or Evelyn

Niamh... (ph) Nee-ev.... Queen of Tir na Nog (land of youth)

Deirdre... (ph) Dear-dra...Irish Legend heroine

Boys...

Oisin..(ph) Ush-een...Also From Tir na Nog (land of youth)

Fionn (ph) fee-un... Big & Strong

Eibhin (ph) Ay-veen...He was legendary harpist (in Folklore) Creative

Seamus (ph) Shay-mus....Irish for James/ Jimmy

Cian (ph) kee-an........Son in law of High King of Ireland Brian Boru

Bebhinn....(ph) Bev-in.... Melodious / sweet voiced

I guess I could go on & on so there's a short list of names I've always liked. I grew up knowing kids with every one of those names, so they're genuine traditionally used names here. Not unique in Ireland, but very much so outside of the country I think.

I've always loved American names funny enough.. I don't feel the need to name my child real Irish name as I will raise them to speak the language & have an appreciation of the heritage to give them a sense of thier Irish Identity.

My fav boy name is Preston.. Very rare here.. If I ever have a son he will be Preston Thomas :thumbup:

Can't Eat.. and have been trying all morning to drink a cup of tea.. sucks... roll on next wed for my unfill!! I miss food!

Does anyone know why I would have gotten progressively tighter since my last unfill in Jun that has me totally closed up these last few days?

HELP!!! PLEASE!!:thumbup:

Michelle - you made me spew coffee out my nose and it sure did feel good to laugh!! LOL Thank you!! LOL!!!

Happy to help, Terry!

Actually, I think that's my life's purpose... to provide comedic relief!!

Terry: GOOD MORNING!!! I can't wait to see the pics of the rosary.

Michelle: LOL!!

Lunasa: GREAT TO SEE YOU POSTING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! (love the names)

Laura: ME LIKEY THE hair and gimme some of that cake!

I ate like a fat pig yesterday............ it was cold and rainy and all I wanted to do was stuff my face...... I feel bloated and tight pants.. for the first time in a long time I feel so fat today.

I put chili fixings in the crock pot this morning and set it on low as it is chilly and rainy again today. I'm actually wearing a light sweater! NOOOOOOOO not ready for cold weather!

Michelle love the pics and your hair looks so cute! I have my 2nd PTA meeting tonight... not as elaborate as your group... but here I go.

Everyone have a great day...... I'll be back later.