Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

I am 8 days post op and I was only on clears for 5 days post op. On day 4 I started having the gas. I have been on full liquids since Tue. and I am still hungry. Even dog food looks good on TV. A lot of my soreness has really gone at this point. I am really feeling a lot better even the pains for prior to the surgery are better. If you are walking that is when I can pass a lot of gas.Hope this helps.

Mecia

I had surgery in Aug 08. I think from about 2 weeks pre-op to about 6 weeks post-op, they increased the food and restaurant commercials on TV. I swear!! And everyone was eating on all the shows I watched! LOL...

Its gets easier.

I went in for my last fill 3 weeks ago. I"m at 8.4 now in my VG band. I am losing, but its SUPER slow and I'm getting so discouraged by it. I knew it would be a slow process but this is ridiculous! :thumbup:

I need something to kick it into geer and start losing faster. Does anyone know of something that will do this for me? At my last fill the Doc was afraid that I would be too tight and didn't want to fill me, but he did because I hadn't had a fill in 6 months. He wants me back in a month to make sure my pouch isn't stretching. Well if it is I wouldn't feel it. I have no restriction. I have been very good, eating just a couple bites at each meal.

On a different note, if you ever have the opportunity to have your fills with flora, go for it. It is so cool to see your pouch, port, etc.

I have been walking 2 miles, 3 times a week sometimes more. I am happy with the weight I am at, but would LOVE to lose more and especially would love to get into ONEderland! Sooooo close!

G

Deb

Give me a list of what you ate yesterday - you may not be eating enough if you are only eating a few bites per meal and on your walking is it on a treadmill or just outside in your neighobhood?

BTW I just got a Wii Fit Board- they are terrific and fun. A good indoor workout. Wii are great - the exercises are not too hard but good for you - I like the yoga and running. I really worked up a sweat.

And yes I love video games too- I am trying to remain perpetually immature!

Sadie

Yes... I got mine a week ago. Love it! My favorites are the balance exercises. I can't run... bad knees, but found out you can walk on that one, so that's what I do. Incidentally, our SIL thought he'd be funny & see if he could fake out the Wii and not walk or run at all, but just swing his arms as though he were running. The Wii did not know the difference! My DH likes to disobey and when you're told to stay behind the trainer, he speeds up and passes the trainer... Guess what happens then??? He falls flat on his face in the dirt and when he gets up he has to chase a dog instead of the trainer! I like the sports things too.. bowling, golf, esp, but I usually do the boxing too because it's a good work out.

18_2_100v.gif

OK, I'm glad to see I'm not the only 50 something who likes games and video games, I'm such a kid at heart and happy to say so are my 30 something kids. I've been looking for the wii console and fit board but can't seem to find it anywhere.

I usually did not feel the entire impact of a fill for one week after. About one week after a fill I became tighter and had to watch what I ate. Give it a few days.

OK, I'm glad to see I'm not the only 50 something who likes games and video games, I'm such a kid at heart and happy to say so are my 30 something kids. I've been looking for the wii console and fit board but can't seem to find it anywhere.

The Wii console and the Wii Fit are hard to find. I got my console through Ebay used and ordered the Wii Fit months before it came out. Either they can't make them fast enough or they are deliberately creating a shortage.

Wii Fit is fun and great when I don't feel like venturing outside for a walk. In the summer, the heat can be brutal in Colorado (even though it is a DRY heat- yuk yuk).

I usually did not feel the entire impact of a fill for one week after. About one week after a fill I became tighter and had to watch what I ate. Give it a few days.

I just happened to be in the right store at the right time when I bought my Wii. But, I've seen them in Fred Meyer and Target since then. If I were you, I'd ask your local stores when is the best time to come in and get one. They might even put you on a waiting list and call you. The Wii Fit I pre-ordered on Wal-Mart.com, so I got mine in the mail the day they were released.

Well I am over the constant hungry thing. Someone seggested Carnation Instant Breakfast (sugar free) and I tried it with Protein Powder and skim milk and it is simply amazing I am not hungry all the time. I also got some 98%fat free broccoli cheese Soup and OMG it was sooo good. I think the best thing was it was not cream of chicken. So I feel like I can run this race now. Thanks for the words of incouragement!

Hi,

I am new here to the 50's, I am 50 and 10 days old! LOL I just posted an intro and thought I'd say hi here too. I've been reading about the Wii Fit, my kids bought me one for Mothers' Day. I love it! I have a hard time with some of the stand on one leg things with my bad knee but do most everything else. I had to laugh after it weighed and measured me how my Mii character got fat. Not for long!!

Hi All,

This post will be nothing but ranting ..... Boy I am so upset today I could just spit. I was banded Apr 23rd and things have been going pretty good for me with 31 lbs lost total (including 15 pre-op). I was scheduled for my first fill this afternoon and was really looking forward to that as I haven't lost any weight in the last 2 weeks. I've also been out of work on disability because I had broken my foot in Feb but that is healing also.

Anyway, my company had told me last month that they were going to change medical plans from Blue Cross PPO to Blue Shield Spectrum PPO as of July and that everyone was filling out their new paperwork already so I filled mine out and sent in. My HR mgr had told me that it was the same exact plan that we had with BC and I always thought they were basically the same company. I didn't think anything more of it until I got my mail this morning and I get a new medical card from Blue Shield which shows it is active as of May 1st. I call my surgeons office (Dr. Barry Sanchez with Thinner Future) to let them know that I have the new insurance and they should have the info on it since I did go in to see them on May 2nd. I am then told they are not contracted out to Blue Shield and that I will need to pay for the visit on May 2nd as well as todays appt for my fill. Grrrrr, I don't exactly have alot of extra cash on me since I have been out of work for the last 3 1/2 months.

So here I am stuck with not getting my first fill and not having any Dr to go see for post-op follow ups for fills. I'll have to start looking and I sure hope I don't have any problems finding someone in my area and that I don't have any problems with "pre-existing condition" issues.....

Anyone know of any fill Drs in San Mateo county CA? I live in Burlingame near the San Francisco airport.

Hope everyone elses day is better and have a good weekend!

Yvonne :w00t:

here are a few things to remember when you get new insurance. I deal with these issues on a daily basis.

Any pre-existing clause has a possibility of being waived, talk with your benefit/hr person and see. usually as long as the company you work for changes the policy coverage you can get the pre-existing waived..

there may also be a transition of care coverage.. this will usually cover up to 90 days of services with a DR that is not on the new coverage. so you can get a little extra time to find another Dr for your fills

again, best bet is to call the insurance company and check with the benefits/hr dept at work.. good luck

Transition of care coverage, I like the sound of that. I will give them a call on Monday and see whats up. Thanks so much for the info!

just be grateful that you have lready gone through all the pre-op and they were covered. Could you imagine getting through with everything and then having insurance change just before surgery date :w00t:

Worth a try to investigate the transition of care. Need and want to get your fill, I am sure..

Hi,

I am new here to the 50's, I am 50 and 10 days old! LOL I just posted an intro and thought I'd say hi here too. I've been reading about the Wii Fit, my kids bought me one for Mothers' Day. I love it! I have a hard time with some of the stand on one leg things with my bad knee but do most everything else. I had to laugh after it weighed and measured me how my Mii character got fat. Not for long!!

The one-legged things.... I think it says you can lean on something... so I use my cane for those. It helps a lot.

BTW, WELCOME!!

Hi, I have to chime in on this and hope it make your feel a little better Yvonne.

The day I got my surgery date is the day my husband told me our insurance was changing, effectice April 1 and my Surgery was the 15th of May, 4_14_6.gif All was good, my out of pocket was $1500 with my old insurance, then my new insurance made be get a new referal from an HMO doctor and almost had to go thru all the pre-op test again, but thank God they let me use all my original test. I got my new authorization and my surgery date was moved to April 21(the only good thing to come out of this) and my new out of pock cost went to $11,000 and follow-ups for fills to 6months instead of a year. My husband and I discussed it and decided it was more imporant to get the band and pay the $11,000 for my health. 11_2_114.gif Thank God I have a husband who wants me to grow old with him.

That was my little (big) bump in the road to healthier, happier and longer new life.

Just thought I would share.

Transition of care coverage, I like the sound of that. I will give them a call on Monday and see whats up. Thanks so much for the info!
just be grateful that you have lready gone through all the pre-op and they were covered. Could you imagine getting through with everything and then having insurance change just before surgery date :(

Worth a try to investigate the transition of care. Need and want to get your fill, I am sure..