Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

agm1, have you tried the Protein Powder by Special K? It comes in a box of individual servings that can be added to Water. I like the strawberry kiwi one. I use them sometimes when i don't have time to eat and they seem to curb my appetite.

Indio I feel like I am eating more. I will go for my 2nd fill on June 2nd. Should I have had my second fill My first one was on April 29th. So if can please let me know is this a sign of needing a fill.

Indio I feel like I am eating more. I will go for my 2nd fill on June 2nd. Should I have had my second fill My first one was on April 29th. So if can please let me know is this a sign of needing a fill.

How much are you eating?? What are you eating. For me when I was eating 2 cups per meal and I could eat a whole taco and enchillda - I felt that I needed a fill but since i had lost 17 lbs in 2 months he wouldn't give me one asit also depends on your weight lost - if you are losing good since your last fill they may or may not give you another one -

I feel that we can be addicted to fills - sometime they can be more phyiscoligical helpful than really physical - I truly believe that what we consider as real hunger is mostly head hunger - it's a battle to know the diff - i still fight this daily...

Only you and your doc can tell it you need a fill - but the above will play into that decision.

Welcome to all you new 50+ banders - I am posting quickly as I just got home from the gym and need to get in the shower have hair appt @11

so will ck back later.

Drink your Water - Homemade broth is so much better than the canned box stuff and you can save the chicken and veggies and puree them once you make it to full liquids and you will have some great soup...

Hi all.

I've been building a site for photos of our montana summer house. We close this Tuesday. Feels a bit like :rolleyes2: we're a bit brain dead for doing this (the 2nd house thing).

So how is everyone?

Indigo55 & Phyll

How's it going? Phyll bet these gas prices are effecting your travel in the RV big time? It is us for sure. Just this morning I was reading that gas could go up to $10 a gallon.:biggrin:

Hi, Nanirose,

I no I am a little late in responding to your question about lap band vs.

Gastric bypass. No regrets getting banded! I lost 46 lbs. before L.B. surgery and 40 lbs. after. I was banded1/08.

I am 2 lbs. to goal. Somedays I go up 2lbs. some days I go down........

Tessa1

I asked for suggestion yesterday because I was forever hungry and week and just overall miserable. I got lots of responses some that did make things a bit better. Thanks to everyone who gave me suggestion. I am feeling much much better today. Thank You!!

I am writing this portion mainly to new Banders. After one of the really bad days yesterday My friend that had Gastric Bypass in Nov. called and we talked. She told me her Dr. told her and her DH that she should expect on the third or forth day to expect 1 to 2 of feeling like crawling in bed and covering her head. She did feel this for 2 days but bher DH made her get dressed and go for a walk. I just did the bed thing cause I really did not have energy to do much else. I have read on other message board that this is called Band Hell. What it really is is your body realizing that it has no carbs to use sort of like withdrawal. I did not have to do any special diet prior to my surgery on Tue. so when my carbs were gone my body could not figure out what was going on. So take heart new Banders if this happens don't freak This too shall pass! I never once regreted that I have my Band. I hope this will be of help to anyone that is newly banded.

Mecia

Hi All, Well I experienced my first PBing. I wasn't thinking an ate a couple of crackers. Now I know what it feels like and I don't want to do it again so I will be more careful. It only lasted a couple of minutes but I thought I was going to throw up but I didn't. I even got a little of that "sliming" YUCK. Now I know what my boundries are. I think it was a good learning experience. Becky

Hi Mecia, Now in retrospect, I think I had a couple of days like that. I just felt very weak and kind of blah, but it passed. I am about 12 days post op and I am really feeling great. I actually feel 10 years younger. I know that I feel the best when I get in enough Protein and Water. Every day is a new learning experience. I feel like I have been reborn in some ways.....WOW...IT is fantastic!! Becky

Carol

If you take the Milk of Magnesia, DO NOT take the 4 tablespoons! I took 1 Tbs. and if was enough. (unless you have a colonoscopy planned for tomorrow morning)

IF gas goes any higher, I plan to put the M of M in my car--the power!

Hi all.

I've been building a site for photos of our montana summer house. We close this Tuesday. Feels a bit like :rolleyes2: we're a bit brain dead for doing this (the 2nd house thing).

So how is everyone?

Indigo55 & Phyll

How's it going? Phyll bet these gas prices are effecting your travel in the RV big time? It is us for sure. Just this morning I was reading that gas could go up to $10 a gallon.:biggrin:

HI,

Would love to see photos of your Montana house. Sounds like a major undertaking!!

Yeah, gas prices... a nightmare!!

What do you think it'll cost us to drive south in the fall with our 75 gallon gas tank????

At about 6-7 mpg!!??

It's making more and more sense to buy something down there!

Tessa, What a fantastic weight loss. After reading all the messages, I am excited to start this journey. I dropped off my application on 5/20 and got weigh in. They will get back to me in a week or two. I can't wait. I will post when I hear from them.

NM Sunshine,

You will love having two homes. My husband and I have done that for the past 13 years....1/2 the year in Star Valley, WY and 1/2 the year on Central Coast California. We may not get home this year because my surgery is scheduled for mid-June, and I know I need to stick around for at least 3 months. Maybe my hubby will go for a few weeks and do the yearly maintenance. I'd have to find a doctor in Salt Lake City who would be willing to do fills, and I don't know how hard that would be. Better I stick around, I think.

Enjoy your new home. I love the variety, myself. We go from log home living to medium-sized city living. It's great fun!

Carol

If you take the Milk of Magnesia, DO NOT take the 4 tablespoons! I took 1 Tbs. and if was enough. (unless you have a colonoscopy planned for tomorrow morning)

IF gas goes any higher, I plan to put the M of M in my car--the power!

Thanks Becky & JB, I tried MM tablets, only took 2 and I hope it works. If not I'll through the rest in my gas tank........lol

My weight loss is at a stand still, maybe because after almost 7 months I ended up getting my period which i really didn't think I would ever get again.36_1_38.gif It never fails, last time it was almost 8 months. Couldn't come at a better time, I'm getting to old for this stuff. I was on a roll with my weight loss, 1month post-op and down 14lbs.

Have a great weekend.

Carol

36_15_55.gif 8_13_107.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZNfox000

Edited by DANDY75