Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Well hello! to everyone. I never even new this site was here!

I am 53, so i definatley belong over here, just like with my other sites that I belong too. ANYBODY I KNOW OUT THERE?? If so' that might get some attention. I hope to be on once in a while. Shirley

Edited by sstasevich

I am 53, so i definatley belong over here, just like with my other sites that I belong too. ANYBODY I KNOW OUT THERE?? If so that might get some attention. I hope to be on once in a while. Shirley

Hi, Shirley,

Glad you found us! Welcome.

Hi girls, I haven't posted for a few days but I keep reading more and more of what everyone says. I had psych appointment last week and they say it takes about 7 to 10 days for approval and then I will get a surgery date. I am nervous about it but after reading tonight, I did'nt realize that I would be able to eat any of these foods any more. I thought it would be Soups and I don't know what I thought. I just thought I would never be eating spaghetti, or potatoes or summer foods again as long as I live. Thanks for the encouragement.

Becky:thumbup:

Hi everyone I went in for my first fill today. I thought this was going to be horrible. What a breeze. I can do this. I am on liquids for 2 days. I can hardly wait to eat solids again. This is my Dr say chicken, turkey, fish, and veggies no starch as of yet. Actually I dont know if I want any starches.

I saw my dietician today. and got a seal of approval for what I am doing. down another 2.2 # this week :blushing:

I asked about carbs, I am so paranoid of having too many. she said a good rule of thumb is carbs can equal 45% of your total calorie intake. I thought that was high, but she says it include, Pasta, fruits, sugars basically anything that would have carbs...

I am only taking in 800-900 calories, along with my 64+ grams of Protein. but that is ok too.

Another 3 miles at the mall tonight..and I cut 5 minutes off of last night's hour :lol:

I am 53, so i definatley belong over here, just like with my other sites that I belong too. ANYBODY I KNOW OUT THERE?? If so that might get some attention. I hope to be on once in a while. Shirley

Hi Shirley

What other sites - band2gether or OH... I have signed up to those in the begining but I like it here the best and I can't keep up with 3 sites - LBT has been my transfer addictiion...

Hi girls, I haven't posted for a few days but I keep reading more and more of what everyone says. I had psych appointment last week and they say it takes about 7 to 10 days for approval and then I will get a surgery date. I am nervous about it but after reading tonight, I did'nt realize that I would be able to eat any of these foods any more. I thought it would be Soups and I don't know what I thought. I just thought I would never be eating spaghetti, or potatoes or summer foods again as long as I live. Thanks for the encouragement.

Becky:thumbup:

Becky - You can eat - but the diff is now we try to eat healthier 98% of the time and budgeting treats 2% of the time - Before we ate unhealthy 98% and good maybe 2% - Cruise the whole site - read read read ask questions.. The more you know in the being the better you will do..

Hi everyone I went in for my first fill today. I thought this was going to be horrible. What a breeze. I can do this. I am on liquids for 2 days. I can hardly wait to eat solids again. This is my Dr say chicken, turkey, fish, and veggies no starch as of yet. Actually I dont know if I want any starches.

Sharon - I follow a Weight Watcher eating plan - I can't do Atkins - I eat fruit veggies rice, Pasta & potatoes - usually 1/2 of a normal serving size (not our prior serviing size of 2 cups) My doc wants me to do 1 week of each of the post op stages - but I usually just do 2 days liquids then move to soft after a fill

I saw my dietician today. and got a seal of approval for what I am doing. down another 2.2 # this week :blushing:

I asked about carbs, I am so paranoid of having too many. she said a good rule of thumb is carbs can equal 45% of your total calorie intake. I thought that was high, but she says it include, pasta, fruits, sugars basically anything that would have carbs...

I am only taking in 800-900 calories, along with my 64+ grams of Protein. but that is ok too.

Another 3 miles at the mall tonight..and I cut 5 minutes off of last night's hour :lol:

Lynn

On the eating see my answer to Sharon above - your dietiance wants you to eat a well balanced food plan - Great on the exercise...

Well, it's 8:44 and I need to get off this computer - ck with you all tomorrow..

I tried on a top I just loved today. It was in peach, my favorite color with all these other colors blended together. I looked good in it other than my batwing arms. The sleeves were just too short. I wouldn't feel good about myself in that top.

I was naughty on my way home from taking care of my grandson. On Tues. they have ice cream cones for $1 at Baskin and Robbins. I just love that fudge brownie ice cream. I was thinking about it all day.

Yesterday I had no desire to eat anything and today I am craving ice cream. weird. Can't blame it on pms because I haven't done that for 5 years.

Hi Everyone, new at this.

Getting banded on Friday, 5/2 at age 58. Getting kinda nervous.

Glad to have found you. Thanks for your support.

weight.png

BeachBum - congratulations, looking forward to chatting with you more. This lapband is the best decision I have made for me in a long time

I know my dietician is concerned with a healthy diet. I also follow alot of WW guidelines, I guess so many years of their plan has been imbedded into my brain! I do try for fresh fruit more now and keeoing things balanced.

I belong to a few other sites in BandLand. As far as the site for over 50? Never new it was here. I've been in Band Land quite a while. Just never seen this site pop up. That's what happend on my lap top yesterday. So good things do happen by chance! If I wouldn't have been giveing it a good going over to see how she works.. Would still not no, even today that the 50 and over site is here. Hope I didn't shock anyone with that news. We all learn somewere. Shirley

I tried on a top I just loved today. It was in peach, my favorite color with all these other colors blended together. I looked good in it other than my batwing arms. The sleeves were just too short. I wouldn't feel good about myself in that top.

I was naughty on my way home from taking care of my grandson. On Tues. they have ice cream cones for $1 at Baskin and Robbins. I just love that fudge brownie ice cream. I was thinking about it all day.

Yesterday I had no desire to eat anything and today I am craving ice cream. weird. Can't blame it on pms because I haven't done that for 5 years.

Denise - No good food or bad food - treats that you budget for :smile2: I was like this on Saturday - I wanted pizza - so GS ordered 2 large - I gave myself permission for 2 pieces (within my calories for the day) - but only ate 1 1/2 - and never had any of the leftovers (there was a whole pizza in the fridge for about 2 days til GS finished it)

Arms - Maybe one day I will get brave and see a PS about then & face - it will be like the lapband - I talked and talked about it - quiz gf who had bypass - but once I made up my mind I was unstoppable..

Hi Everyone, new at this.

Getting banded on Friday, 5/2 at age 58. Getting kinda nervous.

Glad to have found you. Thanks for your support.

BeachBumNJ - Welcome - we will keep you in our prayer on Friday for a safe surgery & speedy recovery !!! We were all a little nervous before surgery - you will do fine.. I love LBT it's my transfer addiction.. It keeps me very motivated..

BeachBum - congratulations, looking forward to chatting with you more. This lapband is the best decision I have made for me in a long time

I know my dietitian is concerned with a healthy diet. I also follow alot of WW guidelines, I guess so many years of their plan has been imbedded into my brain! I do try for fresh fruit more now and keeoing things balanced.

Lynn - Since most of us over 50 girls are EXPERTS at dieting from all our previous attempts - we knew what to do - but we never put our knowledge into practice - with the band to help us (our interior motivators)- we have all the tools available to make it work once and for all.

Beach BumNJ: Get ready for a whole new life!!! Your gonna love it.

Shirley.

You know, I could never figure out how to do WW. I went to the meetings more to get weighed to stay accountable. Those points seemed very complicated. It's easier just to count calories for me.

Janet, that's good that you can still eat pizza. Most people with restriction can't. I can, if it's thin and crispy.

after so many attempts at weight watchers, I know this is my internal motivator. I remember the portion size, good and bad foods, now I can put them to use succesfully...and so far I am exstatic with my results. And moving forward for more of the same, with some ups and downs along the way.

The band is my helping hand to success with my weight loss. Along with support from friends, family and everyone here on this thread.