Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Indigo-

I don't think I'm too tight cause I eat fine at home.

I think I eat differently when I'm out. I take bigger bites or eat quicker or something. I have had chicken at home and done fine.

I need to learn how to eat with other people around i guess. I must be more distracted than I think i am.

thanks for your thoughts

Sadie

Indigo-

I don't think I'm too tight cause I eat fine at home.

I think I eat differently when I'm out. I take bigger bites or eat quicker or something. I have had chicken at home and done fine.

I need to learn how to eat with other people around i guess. I must be more distracted than I think i am.

thanks for your thoughts

Sadie

Sadie

Good to hear - It's the oppisite for me - since I don't want to be running to the bathroom when I am out - I try and eat slowly and at home it's just me so I don't think about my manners like I do when I am out.:rolleyes:

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I am 52 years old and "I'M GETTING A BAND" MAY 20. I'm just so excited.:rolleyes: You all are such inspiration to me and have been for months as I have read your post. I feel like it is absolutely the right thing for me. My biggest fear...that it will not work!!

Gadumplin:

Hello from Judie. Just have to have your mind made up for it.

I have had my band for two months now.

The best thing I ever did! Don't say it won't work!

I lost 19lbs the first month. Then the next month 14 lbs.

The main thing is to eat slowwwly, and exercise when you are

able to, then sit back and see how amazing you will look and feel!

Take care :rolleyes:

Edited by judie

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I am 52 years old and "I'M GETTING A BAND" MAY 20. I'm just so excited.:rolleyes: You all are such inspiration to me and have been for months as I have read your post. I feel like it is absolutely the right thing for me. My biggest fear...that it will not work!!

Gadumplin

Welcome !!!!

Congrats on your date !!!

The band will work as long as you do the work - There is an article in the magazine section by Coach Cher - "Is your band failing or are you failing your band"

The band is nothing more that a piece of plastic that they put around your tummy - to restriction your portions - which it does once you get proper restriction - but the real work is up to you - to truly commit to making this a lifetime lifestyle change in your eating habits and adding exercise into your life.

I use to eat large quantities of food - mostly home cooking but very high fat and was a total slug bug. Now I eat a low fat, mostly sugar free diet - my band has restricted the portions size - and i now go to the gym and exercise - I have even ran 1/4 of a mile on Sunday..

The band does work it's my interior motivator - besides the fact that I finally got it thru my fat head that you can't eat like I did and not exercise and be thin or healthy.

I got approved and have surgery on May 20. You all are great inspiration. Keep up the great work.

Congratulations on getting your date!!! Its an exciting time

Welcome to all the new people! You're all going to love bandland!

I am really lucky that I don't have a skin problem anywhere but my arms too. I am with you Janet. I wish I could wear shorter sleeves. It seems the cute younger looking tops sleeves are just too short. I bought a top over the weekend, at Macy's. I think I am going to take it back. I decided it looks like an old lady top.

Bonnie:

I am in Kingsport, TN -Tri-Cities area. My surgeon is Dr. Kramer, I saw Dr Kappa first. They are with Wellmont Comprehensive Weight Loss Center in Kingsport. Dr. Ponce is going to proctor Dr. Kramer on my surgery. I think this is the first one using the new Realize Band, they have been using something else. Anyway, I am so excited! People have told me that I am really lucky, that Dr. Ponce is like a pioneer in lap band technology. My date is June 6! I am so happy, :biggrin2:even though my first date was to be May 14, but the new band is worth the wait! :lol:

Janet:

Thank you, I will certainly pay it forward! I can't wait to be where you are! I tore a hole in my one pair of jean that fit today and I thought "Pretty soon I won't need these anyway!":tt2: I have closets full of clothes, everything from 10 to 18 (current)! I am only 5'1" so weight on this little frame really makes it tough! I can't wait to bend over and touch my toes and not feel like my stomach is going to come out my mouth! I want to be able to bend my knees and cross my legs!

OMG!:smash: I am getting so excited! I look at everyone's tickers and see how much weight they have lost and get so encouraged! I know June 6 will be here before I know it! :biggrin:

Welcome to all the new people! You're all going to love bandland!

I am really lucky that I don't have a skin problem anywhere but my arms too. I am with you Janet. I wish I could wear shorter sleeves. It seems the cute younger looking tops sleeves are just too short. I bought a top over the weekend, at Macy's. I think I am going to take it back. I decided it looks like an old lady top.

Denise - It's so hard to dress our age :thumbup: some stuff is too young - some stuff too old but with the weight loss we still want to look cute. I tend to dress really classic traditional - assessorising(sp) I have a nice gold & diamond heart necklace that I were 24/7 and my earrings (3 holes 2 have diamonds and I wear gold hoops in the bottom) and I wear a tennis Bracelet & gold rope like bracelet - but here is the non traditional side I have my nose pierced and wear a little diamond and a sun tattoo on my ankle :lol::lol:- but I won't wear legging and a long top - i just think it's too young for a 53 yr

Janet:

Thank you, I will certainly pay it forward! I can't wait to be where you are! I tore a hole in my one pair of jean that fit today and I thought "Pretty soon I won't need these anyway!":tt2: I have closets full of clothes, everything from 10 to 18 (current)! I am only 5'1" so weight on this little frame really makes it tough! I can't wait to bend over and touch my toes and not feel like my stomach is going to come out my mouth! I want to be able to bend my knees and cross my legs!

OMG!:smash: I am getting so excited! I look at everyone's tickers and see how much weight they have lost and get so encouraged! I know June 6 will be here before I know it! :biggrin:

Cathy

I LOVE absolutely LOVE being able to cross my legs - i do it 24/7 now - that was the BEST NSV :lol:

I'm 5'4 and my pants were 18's - tops 22/24 (hate tight clothes - well that has changed too - I no longer have the rolls of back fat) - the smallest I had in my closet was 14's - now I have 10's 1 pair of 8's and even a 6 (total fluke but they say 6 so i bought them) Truly I am a solid 10 in pants - Large tops - I am very aware of the bra fat...

Officially 1 wk post op and feeling better.36_1_34.gif Lost 5 lbs and have had no problems with thick fluids. 2 more weeks and I can start solid food and my first fill is June 9th.

My port area is still sore,36_1_38.gif actually today it is worse then the first few days, How long does this last? Thank God 36_22_26.gif for my recliner(easy to get in and out of and I sleep better.)7_11_116.gif

I'm traveling 7_2_116.gifback east on June 18th, so hopefully between the 9th and the 18th I can tell if my first fill is to much before I get 3000 miles away from my doctor.

Janet: how are things in California, I hope your not to close to the fires.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZNfox000

I can't get over how different it is for everyone! I have been eating dark chicken with no problem but yesterday I had a hardboiled egg and Man-O-Man - It HURT a half hour (!!!)---which was actually a real surprise to me because I don't have any fills yet and I was convinced there wasn't any kind of restriction in there! SOMETHING -- sure was restricting that egg!

I was walking in the mall last night, 3 miles :coolgleamA: and window shopping as i walked by. I cannot wait to buy fashionable outfits. Looking in Talbots, Cache and Macy's is another incentive to keep up the exercise..

I did notice last night the arm flap beginning. 7 weeks post op, a total of 30# since January and it has begun. I did buy some resisitance bands on Saturday and am gonna use them religiously. I will defeat the arm flap :cool2:

I did use my pedometer as I walked.. almost 7000 steps in 1 hour, not too bad. I am wearing at work today to see how much i actually walk during the day!

The fires are in Los Angeles - I live in Indio (Date Capital of the World) which is 20 miles east of Palm Springs 10 miles east of Palm Desert & Rancho Mirage (Cities that they talk about on the News that you might be familar with - Pres Ford lived in RM and services where held in Palm Desert so we were on the News) LA is about 2 - 3 hr drive west of us.

Congrats on the weight lost - It's so cool to get on the scale and see the efforts of your work

As to your port site - that will hurt the longest (well for me it did) I found that if I wore pants that buttoned (didn't give) it hurt my port even though the port site is above my waist - I think mine was a discomfort for about 2 weeks - I wore dresses alot during those weeks or pants that had elastic waist.

I don't have a recliner so I slept in bed and it was a little hard but not that bad..

I can't get over how different it is for everyone! I have been eating dark chicken with no problem but yesterday I had a hardboiled egg and Man-O-Man - It HURT a half hour (!!!)---which was actually a real surprise to me because I don't have any fills yet and I was convinced there wasn't any kind of restriction in there! SOMETHING -- sure was restricting that egg!

Ya eggs can be problematic especailly if you don't take tiny bites - and one day you eat them with no problem and next day :w00t:

Lynn

Congrats on the exercise - My arms :w00t: - but the way I look at it is that I look better OVER ALL - so I try not to consintrate on the negative but look at the postitive - maybe I will get PS for the arms one of these days.

II did notice last night the arm flap beginning. 7 weeks post op, a total of 30# since January and it has begun. I did buy some resisitance bands on Saturday and am gonna use them religiously. I will defeat the arm flap :lol:

In our support group, one of the gals who had surgery 5 years ago, said if she had to do it all over again, she would have worked her arms and inner thighs more! So, I've started on that NOW.

Well, my arms are flapping and I haven't started losing yet. Saturday my husband and I were on a motorcycle ride and I happened to look it the rearview mirror and I saw my arms just a flappin in the breeze. YIKES!!!! I wasn't a pretty site. :w00t: LOL

I went for my first Dr. supervised weightloss visit today. YIPPEE!!!! Just 3 more to go. I go for the psychology clearance and first nutrition consultation tomorrow. So, things are moving right along. I'M READY NOW!!!!!!!! :lol: