Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Cathy - All the facts I had on the REALIZE band you have just mentioned. In my DR office therewas a docor who could proctor my doc, but he was out on vacation and the other one in the area was unavailable, I was a bit bummed I was told in preop prep, but still extatic to have the band and be doing as well as i am. I am not sure I would have postponed, even if I had known in advance.

PBing - yesterday and today have been troublesome for me. No matter how slow and what quantity of chicken I eat I have had terrible problems. just a few bites and I feel the pain in my chest. I have had chicken for the past week and now this weekend my band is revolting... Gonna try some ricotta with spaghetti sauce for dinner

I go to the nutritionist Tuesday to see how I have been doing on my proper diet....I am going to print out a few weeks of my "MyDailyPlate" journal and take that with me. Also, another weigh in when I see her, as well as my personal weekly weigh in at work Tuesday morning.

Hi Diane:

I am so glad you have been approved now for the surgery!

I also had to wait about 7 months until I got approved.

Sounds like you needed to get all the answers anyway before

the surgery. I too read all I could about the surgery and

by the time I got approved, I was really ready mentally.

It has made such a difference for me since the

surgery two months ago. I am 33 lbs. lighter now and feel

great! I had my first fill this past week. I am looking forward

to buying new clothes soon!

I wish you the best!

Judie

Hi Everyone, this forum is wonderful, I have learned so much from reading everyone's posts but I admit what I have learned has increased my fear factor. I am most scared of the PB and choking because of it. My sons aren't too excited about me doing this but my husband is very supportive. I haven't told anyone else. I appreciate all your candor.
I was nervous about PBing too...and in the 6 months that I have been banded I have not PBed once. I am really careful about the bites I take and how full I allow myself to get. Being nervous about it has made me conscience about how I eat.

Hi,

I'm 9 mos out and have never PB'd or choked.

One episode of sliming, but I, too, am very careful.

I HATE to throwup,

so I'm pretty careful to make sure that doesn't happen!!

I can't even remember the last time I pbed. I only did that when I was too tight.

If you have the right fill, chew well and take small bites, it should not be a problem.

Had to share with everyone, today was weigh-in Monday, and I lost another 4.6 lbs this week, woowhoo!! I'm on track to be 233 by June 1 before I go on vacation, that was my short term goal.

TERI

CONGRATULATIONS 4.6 :tt2:

That's a great #

Good Job Girl

:wink2::Dancing_biggrin::tt2:

Hello! Do y'all mind if I join in here? I am just in the process of the banding. For insurance to pay I need to go through a Dr. supervised weightloss program for 4 months. I guess the 7 YEARS of weight watchers doesn't count for anything. :wink2: So, I'm hoping that I will get my band in Oct or Nov. I do have one question....What is PBing? :confused_smile:Please help this embarassed newbie. :tt2:

I look forward to getting to know all of you better and learning from all of you.

Have a BLESSED day!

Hello ladies;

I have been lurking and not posting much. I went to the Glenwood Springs Hot Springs Pool this weekend. It was wonderful!

And yes i was in a bathing suit and man, I looked bad! Yuk yuk. I have cottage cheese thighs! They look worse since I've lost weight I think. Hopefully they will smooth out a bit as I lose or I'll need to start saving for a thigh lift in addition to the Tummy Tuck.

Of course at the Pool everyone looks bad in their swimsuits- there were people much bigger than me and smaller than me but I have never cared anyway- I love to swim so no matter what weight I am I go swimming. Hardly any super models were there - yuk yuk

Anyway I had the hardest time eating out all weekend. I PB'ed Quodba's queso dip and then chicken at Village Inn. I just could not get that chicken down! Lost everything I ate.

I had another fill of 2 cc's and they ahd to take out .04cc's couse I couldn't drink. So my total fill is now at 6.4 cc's in a 10 cc band.

Maybe I'm a little tight. But i lost 2 lbs this weekend and that's a first for me on a trip! Yea!:wink2:

I am going for Soup in the future. I just don't care that much about eating out anymore anyway.:tt2:

I eat a lot of Medifast bars BTW -- the chocolate and chocolate Mint are great with hardly any carbs and it's a Meal Replacement for 160 cal- fills me up and has 4 grams of Fiber with 12 Protein and 20 grms of carbs. Get em online. Great for traveling too.:tt2:

Love and courage to you all;

Sadie

Cathy,

What area are you in? I had Dr. Ponce in GA July 27, 2005.

I have done well. Started 300 #'s and now at 198#s.

Feel so good. I am going to be 59 in May. I did have TT and bilateral

arms done.

Let me know when OR date is and where.

I have not posted in a long while so new to >50 BUT loving it.

2aslimmer:thumbup:me

Hello! Do y'all mind if I join in here? I am just in the process of the banding. For insurance to pay I need to go through a Dr. supervised weightloss program for 4 months. I guess the 7 YEARS of weight watchers doesn't count for anything. :tt2: So, I'm hoping that I will get my band in Oct or Nov. I do have one question....What is PBing? :confused_smile:Please help this embarassed newbie. :tt2:

I look forward to getting to know all of you better and learning from all of you.

Have a BLESSED day!

HI!

I am fairly new too.....this is a great place to get vital info. I have my last nutrition class today and then all my paperwork will be sent to my insurance co. I am going to ask my doctor about the Realize Band:confused:. I haven't lost all the weight he wanted me to before the surgery, but when I go on the liquid pre-op diet I feel sure the rest will come off.

Props to all the bandsters on this thread for all the help!:wink2:

WTG everyone on the weight loss. I weigh in tomorrow..

Tulos - Weight Watcher's would have counted for my weight loss if it was documented and was for a period of more than 3 months, and within the past 6 months. It had to be a continual thing, no weeks off....have you double checked with your insurance

I had a terrible time with chicken this weekend and have decided to try other foods the next few days. I have had no fills and it seemed odd that after eating chicken before this weekend i would hit a snag with it. At lunch today I wanted to eat so much more than I would allow myself. Hopeing for a fill on 5/9

I haven't had the surgery yet, but my son did and lost 120lbs in a year. He said white meat chicken was hard to go down after his surgery, but eventually he was able to eat it. He told me dark meat is much easier to digest. Like I said I haven't had the experience yet.

Hello! Do y'all mind if I join in here? I am just in the process of the banding. For insurance to pay I need to go through a Dr. supervised weightloss program for 4 months. I guess the 7 YEARS of weight watchers doesn't count for anything. :rolleyes: So, I'm hoping that I will get my band in Oct or Nov. I do have one question....What is PBing? :confused_smile:Please help this embarassed newbie. :)

Have a BLESSED day!

Hi and Welcome - Happy to have you - this is for all of us.

Pb = Productive Burp - It's where your food won't go down gets stuck and comes back in in a burp. Sort of like throwing up without the stomach acids - slime (saliva) & food come back up..

Chicken can be very hard for most - our bands are really fickle - sometimes I can eat it others times I can't - small (pencil eraser size) bites usually help - this and eating slowly and chewing are always the hardest for me when I am hungry...

2slimmer - how was the arm surgery - my tummy isn't that bad - spanks does just great - but my arms are awful - I would love to were sleeveless - but what little I have heard the scar can be just as bad as the saggy skin... What was the pain level...

Sadie

Careful about being too tight - it's not good on the stomach. How long have you been banded??

Lynn

Just find low calorie foods to eat when you are extra hungry - I eat extra veggies for dinner when I am hungry...

WTG everyone on the weight loss. I weigh in tomorrow..

Tulos - Weight Watcher's would have counted for my weight loss if it was documented and was for a period of more than 3 months, and within the past 6 months. It had to be a continual thing, no weeks off....have you double checked with your insurance

I will check into it. I know that my Dr. is aware of how hard I have tried to lose the weight. So, we will see.

Thank you all for the information. I'm sure there will be more questions as I continue on.