Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

I am sorry f9or all of you that are losing your babies. My silky terrier (Abby also) is 12 1/2 and I get so sad at the thought that she won't always be with me. They are so much a part of our families that I wish they could live just as long as we do.

I think it is quite common to have Cravings until you have better restriction (in 3-4 fills) until then, be strong... it does get easier.

Oh and Garlic toast, um well it will probably get stuck.

I can't eat bread, crackers sometimes, pringles - fine.... even Pasta will give me trouble, but I can eat rice... Go figure??

For each of us it may be a bit differnt.

Good luck to you and your Band!

I have had a couple of bad days, tonite was the worst! I am in the "learning" stage where I find the good foods and bad foods for me. Lately it seems like everything is giving me problems. The other day it was Pasta, two bites and that was it. Earlier today, I was trying out a receipe for an appetizer for tomorrow and it only took two bites of that as well. Then tonite went out to dinner to a Mexican restaurant. This isn't the first Mexican food I have had but tonite - let's just say I really didn't get anything out of that dinner. It seems as though the softer foods are giving me more problems. I can munch on those chips they give you at the mexican places but nothing else. I am afraid since I haven't been able to get in almost no Protein. My doctors don't like me to lean on Protein Shakes or bars and have asked me to stay away from chicken and bread. I am allergic to seafood so I am really struggling with the Protein. Seems like the only thing I can get down and keep down is cream of wheat and oatmeal. Scrambled eggs don't like me anymore either - but egg beaters are OK most of the time. I like the suggest of the honey ham and will try that. Anyone else have this problem with the softer foods?

Merry Christmas to everyone

Sandi

Very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

I have had a couple of bad days. Sliming and bad pains last night and the worst Constipation today. I had to call the doctor. I have to take my benefiber every morning and night,with the Vitamins, I am forgetting a lot. Must work on a schedule! Better tonight but just had Soup. I think I need to rest my constitution.

Thank you all for your support and kindness even during times of troubles for you! We are truly a great group. Dot

Very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

I have had a couple of bad days. Sliming and bad pains last night and the worst Constipation today. I had to call the doctor. I have to take my benefiber every morning and night,with the Vitamins, I am forgetting a lot. Must work on a schedule! Better tonight but just had Soup. I think I need to rest my constitution.

Thank you all for your support and kindness even during times of troubles for you! We are truly a great group. Dot

Remeber to have a day or 2 of soft, liquid diet after an episode of PBing or sliming. Irritation from that will make other foods tough to tolerate for awhile.

I tried a metamucil type product, YUCK!!...now back to benefiber..I had no constipation issues before surgery, but now, my gosh....Like you I forget to take it regularly!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to ALL..be safe and have fun with family and friends

Merry Christmas!

Hope everyone is taking the time to enjoy the warmth of the holidays with their families and friends.

I'm happy to be back on LBT. We've moved to our 'dream' hobby farm. It's been a challenge! Mostly because here in Wisconsin, we've had nothing but snowstorms, frigid temps, and high winds.

Those of you with dial-up internet service, how do you do it? After being spoiled these past many years with cable-speed internet service, we're back to dial up - and it's agonizingly slow. I haven't had the time to go back and read the posts I've missed :-(. HOpe you all are doing well and welcome to those who have joined.

We are getting really close to having everything in place to bring our horses home. Just have to get hay...hopefully after Christmas. My DD's are anxious to get their boys home, and DH is anxious to be done building stuff and buying stuff for them. Our transition to country life from the city has been interesting - we've already been in the ditch in a snowstorm, and learned how expensive it is to heat a house on the top of a hill (wind tunnel) when it's wind chill of -30!

I haven't lost much during all this...stress, holiday baking and all...but sure am building some muscles moving all those daily snow drifts around.

But aside from all the obstacles and complaining, it's so wonderful to be able to be living my life-long dream of living on a hobby farm and soon to have our horses home! This all would not have happened if not for having made that committment to have the band. What a life-changer!

I wish all the best to my fellow and potential Lap Banders - hope 2009 is as sweet for you as 2008 has been for me!

Merry Christmas!

Thanks Apples! I do feel like I have new friends and I know that you all will be there with me through this whole new life that I have chosen. I explained it like this; when you are on a plane and they are telling you how to work the mask, they tell you to put it on you first then you can take care of your child. Well, I need to take care of me so I can take care of my family. It is just time to do it. I spent time reading what everyone had said and all my questions were answered, so I know this is what I need to do. I know that you can not cheat and lose weight. I just don't understand why you would want to go though this and then not do the right choices. I am even ready to clean off the treadmill and the bike and put a foot on them, maybe not for long right now, but I will get back up there. Baby steps! BTW, we have three black labs and they are such a wonderful part of our family. Our son recently moved out and took his with him, but I still count the dog, Tonka, as ours. Tonka can come live with us any time, no so sure about our son! LOL

BlkLab, that's what has kept me on track for the most part, is I went through major freakin' surgery which I had to pay for myself as my insurance didn't cover it. So no way do I want to mess it up. However, this past week I've discovered what an emotional eater I am. I've had issues with my son (25 yrs old) and a SIL. I had Fritos in the house for the chili tonight and well I opened them and an open bag is an empty bag. They go straight through the band and I am up 3 lbs! Probably some from the salt but still. What the $#^( am I doing?? I will get through the holidays and them BAM! be back so totally on track. not that I am going to be off track persay tonight and tomorrow but will allow myself a little leeway. My daughter is bringing the Fritos for the chili tonight so they are at her house til then. Oh and I agree, not so sure about my son moving back in but if he had a dog it could!! I have 2 black lab mixes, think I told you that.

Lizalee, congrats on being in your dream home! Sounds lovely. And thanks for the memories of a Wisconsin winter! I live them through you. Yeah it gets cold and snowy in CO but not like there. But I do miss the Wisconsin falls!

Lynn and Socialdot, I have been struggling with Constipation too. Another poster (Charlene) told me about Miralax and I've read others mention it so am giving it a try. I was taking stool softners daily and Fiber tablets morning and night. Also, I'm doubling my Water intake, as I think I was getting too little, I was faithful at first on my water but lately seem to be not drinking as much. Hope you get some relief :thumbup:

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!!!

UGH, Miralax, used to be by prescription and was used as a prep for colonoscopy, so that indicates it's potency. Nice thought :thumbup:

Happy Holidays. :tt2:

I will have no acess to LBT once I leave work, my dial up connection at home does not connect..for whatever reason//and it is SOOOOO slow.. :sad:

Hockeyson - Hugs - I have 3 fur babies (2 dogs 1 kitten) so I totally understand.. Hoep the drops give her comfort..

Why can't you eat salad or strawberris if you are on regular food?? I eat all foods - just smaller portions - make sure you eat slowly, tiny bite and chew well... The only thing I have had a problem with this last 2 weeks is carrots - they are soft - but I haven't chewed well and eating too fast - both times they came back up...

I had the cravings when I was on liquids and mushies. I have had salad but the nutritionist said I should wait 'til I'm 8wks out before I eat fresh fruit. She said canned was ok but not fresh...especially this time of the year.

UGH, Miralax, used to be by prescription and was used as a prep for colonoscopy, so that indicates it's potency. Nice thought :thumbup:

Happy Holidays. :youcandothis:

I will have no acess to LBT once I leave work, my dial up connection at home does not connect..for whatever reason//and it is SOOOOO slow.. :tt2:

Actually I've only taken it for 2 days but am finding it to be very mild and gentle. Much better than the Constipation or any other thing I have tried. Hope it continues that way.

As for cravings, never in my life have I craved a salad. Wish I did! I crave all the unhealthy stuff! GRRRR

Well guess hubby is on his way home, YAHOO!!! The oyster stew, chili and meatballs are all cooking. Just about ready. Who knows when folks will show up tonight. INLAWS!!! That's all I'm saying. :sad:

Long - Too funny - I was so lucky - My Inlaws liked me better than their DS - infact the whole family did - they would refer to be as poor Janet - that tells you why my DH is now Xdh :thumbup: Hugs on the DS issue - Mine (ds) has just gotten his sh*t together this last yr and he's 37 :sad:..

Sandi #1 are those 2 bites fast bites - that's usually where I have my problems if I eat too fast or haven't chewed or is your band is too tight - if you can't even eat soft foods -then maybe you are too tight an need just a tad .01 taken out. I can eat chicken - heck can't hurt to try it - buy one from costco - cut up into tiny bites eat slowly and chew super well.

If you aren't getting your Protein from food - then you need to get it anyway you can ie shake/bar etc.

Well, i get off work in 15 minutes - so gotta clean upthe desk

TTYL - Merry Xmas

I haven't really checked this out re:miralax, but often when something goes from Rx to OTC, the OTC version is a lower dose than the Rx dose.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, Everyone!!

36_15_2.gif 8_2_111.gif 36_15_2.gif

36_15_61.gif 36_15_62.gif

8_2_85v.gif 8_2_63v.gif

Hi Flowers, I have found some really nice clothes at this website. I am very happy with their clothing and their service. I was trying to find a dress for a cruise, bought 3 different dresses and returned 2 that did not look good on me.

Plus Size Clothing, Lingerie, Accessories & Wide Width Shoes for Women; Big & Tall Clothing for Men at OneStopPlus.com

:thumbup:

deedee16117,

I had to look at your post a couple times. For a minute there I thought I wrote the message. I am having trouble eating lots of things, MAJOR PAIN!! I have even had some pain with oatmeal. Usually the first thing I eat of the day causes some discomfort! Like you, I also can eat the chips and salsa at the Mexican restaurant with no problems. Weird. I finally called the doctor and have an appt dec 30th. I don't want them to unfil any but don't want all the pain either. Of course chocolate and ice cream cause no pain at all. Can't eat eggs, steak, prime rib, chicken breast, actually can't eat most chicken, and turkey. I tried a bite of Peanut Butter and bread, whoooooo thought I was going to die!!

Hi all;

Been away for a while but just got a fill and, man oh man, am I tight.

What works for me is grinding up my chicken with a food processor and adding some low cal mayo with sweet pickles or relish and some chopped olives. If I eat really slow I can get down about 1/2 cup. With this fill, it takes 2 hours or so before I can eat or drink again.

I'm doing some Protein Shakes to supplement my diet. I just can't eat enough real food- takes too long to go down.

I also make egg salad with olives and that works too. I figure the olives are good for me! :thumbup: Good fat. I get too hungry without a bit of fat at every meal.

So I'm back on the Band Wagon after my fill- hope to lose the rest of this darn weight!

Success on your journey!

Sadie