Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Confessional Booth

Listen - I have been feeling a little guilty lately, its the holidays, and we all mess up, so since you guys are so awesome to me, I have decided to unload all my guilt here :)

I was banded on October 23, 2007 - So far, I have lost 23 pounds, but I havent weighed myself in like 2 weeks. I try not to weigh myself too often, the fact that my pants are falling off is good enough for me.

I have had one fill so far, which gave me a little itty bitty bit of restriction, and I have another appointment for another fill on the 5th of Jan.

My biggest issue is probably empty carbs, and drinking whist I am eating. Oh, and I exericise, I get on this roll for like 2 to 3 days at a time, I try to get it done in the moring. But I am 25, and I did just meet a new guy, and now I am up later in the evenings than I would normally be; meaning I sleep in later, and I do not get up to exercise. I know, lame excuse, right?

I dont always get all my protien every single day. I try, it seems like the only thing I have been doing correctly is taking my Vitamins. I do take those every single day.

In summation, I am not going to be so hard on myself, I make mistakes, and if I had total control over my eating habits, I wouldnt have needed a band in the first place. I have managed to lose quite a bit of weight, and for the first time, I havent had to worry about gaining it back. In fact, the best feeling about this band is the nagging monster in the back of my head telling me 'you need to lose weight' 24 hours a day has shut his stupid mouth.

I am really interested to see who else is dealing with the need to confess, please, unload your guilt, I promise not to be too hard on you.

:faint:

Hi Angelica,

I had my 2nd fill about 2 weeks ago, and I personally find it easier to follow "the rules" now that I have more restriction... I'm not saying that I'm a saint by any means! But things REALLY started looking up for me after that 2nd fill.

I wanted to comment on how you said "the nagging monster in the back of my head telling me 'you need to lose weight' 24 hours a day has shut his stupid mouth."

Hallelujah! Me too!!! Isn't it great?!?!!!!!!! I never thought that voice would go away, and it finally has. It's a huge relief and I just wanted to tell you that I know EXACTLY how you feel.

The weight loss for me has been slow, but it IS happening, so I'm hoping that monster is gone forever! :whoo:

Best of luck with your weight loss journey!

I am with you guys. I was banded on October 24, and have lost 26 pounds. I have had a VERY difficult time because I could eat anything I wanted. That is... until my last fill (my 3rd fill). I now have 6cc in my 10cc band and I am beginning to have some restriction. It hurts like hell when i mess up, but it is such a good feeling to know this band is beginning to work.

I also seem to have had a shift in my mind. A couple of days ago I read a post from Wasa I think. She said in the post that we have to learn to eat until we are satisfied, not full. If I until until I am full then I ate too much. This was an eye opener for me.

It's funny how I can want something so bad and then not make the choices necessary to make that happen, and then there is some kinda shift in my mind and I begin doing what I know I need to do. I am just hoping this renewed motivati9on will last. I weighed this morning and am down 2 more pounds in the last 3 days. I haven't lost any weight in over a month until the past few days. That's pretty good motivation.

I go for my 4th fill on Wednesday! I am really hoping to find my sweet spot. I think I am getting close.

Hang in there!! I looks as though we may have found the light out of the "bandster hell" tunnel. It sounds like we are are close to having good restriction

I'm right there with you on feeling guilty and have cheated so much it's downright pitiful.... :cheated:

About 2 days after my first fill I have been able to eat anything and everything that I want with no problems and I'm feeling like such a failure... I have been having one big pity party and went back into hiding again ;) so that no one would know that I have been pigging out and I wouldn't have to explain to anyone why I haven't lost any weight, but have gained a couple of pounds in the last 3 weeks..... I am praying that my second fill will help me.... I am self pay and my DH is thinking that the money was all for naught.... I really need to have some restriction to make me stop eating so much.... :hungry:

Thanks for listening to me whine and snivel..... :think

Hello... so glad I decided to stop by the 10/07 group, you guys are at the same pace as me so it's easier to identify with you all...

I must confess that I have not been perfect either, with the holidays and all the goodies... however, I have still been losing weight slowly... I was really good for the first 2 months, journaling all my food, reaching all my Protein and Fluid goals... but I stopped a couple weeks ago... I've been eating sugar and empty carbs, but making decent food choices. I think i'm only getting about 40 grams of protien a day and haven't been taking my Vitamins...

I'd like to slowly pull away from all the refined sugar again, its not stuff we normally keep around the house so it should be easier. We've also been eating out a lot...

My new plan based on confession:

1) journal daily no matter what

2) Put Protein first and carbs/sugar last

3) exercise at least 3 days a week again

4) plan ahead and grocery shop to help make better choices

I feel weird because I have not had any fills yet... I do have some restriction, but I think I can eat at least a cull cup of food at each sitting. I'm hoping to get a fill on this next apt coming up... we shall see... I think I convince myself to eat the crap because I have room for it...I eat my cup of food and then I nibble...

So glad you guys started this I was feeling horrible after these holidays. I only lost one pound in 2 weeks. I am at my second fill. I needed this motivation.

Hi everyone,

I'm so glad to hear that others are having the same issues. I was banded on Oct 4th and had no restriction with my first two fills (have a 14cc band) but now that I've had my 3rd fill I finally have a little restriction(total 8cc's in my band now). I've gotten sick a few times. I feel like with a little dedication and a few more fills, I'll be right where I need to be. I'm exercising 5-6 days a week. I know that the weight will come off soon. This chat site is so helpful. Thanks for the post. It's made me feel so much better.

weight.png

332/299/286

Highest/Day of Surgery/Current

I'm so glad I am not alone you guys =) if you all lived in El Paso, I swear I'd go from house to house giving hugs :)

so, in order to change these things that I have been feeling about, i have decided to start the power 90, (i started a thread about this, because I like to talk alot :scales:) and I went to the store and basically shopped only where the fresh foods were, i didnt even bother entering the aisles, because I know that I dont want anymore of that processed stuff in my live.

its just day two. How is everyone else doing? Do we have any new years resolutions?

-A

O.k. I gained 6.6 lbs on 12/27/7 due to picking @ little piece's of pound cake, cheesecake, holiday Cookies, and brownies. Normally I don't do much of the sugar. Usually I have to watch baked chips and snack foods. But all the cookie trays were out 3 holiday dinners eve, day and after... mind you It was only 4 cookies on day 1, 1/2 slice cheesecake day 2, and few treats on dinner day 3... Anyway I knew I had adjustment scheduled for 1/2/08 and I knew I wanted more weight loss on that day so I replaced lunch w/ a Protein Drink increased my H20 and really stayed closer to 700 calories. and tadah I dropped 5.1 :scared:of the Holiday pounds.( THIS LOSS WAS GUILT DRIVEN BELIEVE ME!)

In my mind success w/my local peers is 12 to 15 lbs per month so I needed to have at least a 40 lb loss. Now I stopped logging meals the last week in December and I know it has to be a part of our lives for now at least go to the Dollar store get a 5 x7 notebook.

list Breakfast, snack , Lunch, etc Calories, Fat, and Protein.< /strong>

on the bottom list your Vitamins Calcium H20 and excercise..

THIS WILL KEEP you in check.... I still deal w/ head hunger but that is why Im here with all of you.... Im new but I love this site.... :heh:

This is to CHANGE. I too have an AP 14 cc band and never felt restriction unitl yesterday I went from 4cc (didn't have restiction) used my own dedication to keep self on track somewhat. But today a day later with 7cc I feel like this thing might really work better since I am full after 40z instead of 6 or 7 oz of Oatmeal!

oh man, i guess i went through this whole thing a little earlier than you guys, but boy did i need this thread.

i've lost no weight and after my first fill i could eat 4 pieces of pizza and cheese sticks with no problem. i was super frustrated. then i went to the doc for my 2nd fill and i had gained 2 lbs. he made me tight. yesterday i couldn't drink a lot, but today it is getting better.

anyways, my point is, my guilt was horrible. i was so hungry. and i quit logging my food because it was way too many calories at the end of the day and i was just so hungry.

i'm speaking in past tense because i'm on liquids right now, and at this point i'm not very hungry, but we will see how it goes.

so being a self-pay, who hasn't started exercising, and hasn't lost any weight, i completely relate to guilt.

oh..and i totally agree that if we had will power then we would not have needed the surgery. my doctor has the same philosophy. he does not believe the band will work all by itself, he says we have to work it, but his idea of working the band is: getting fills, not drinking with meals, and not drinking liquid calories. he says it's that simple. if you follow those rules, you will lose weight..regardless. and he does have a very high success rate. he says even his most rebellious patient will still lose 50% of their weight when breaking the rules.

however, he does want us to exercise and to log our food and to keep our calories below 800 a day (preferably 600). the reason for this is not so that we will have "self control" per se, but it is to determine when it is time for a fill. if my calories jump up by 200 within a week then it is time for a fill. he also believes it is vital to determine Protein levels.

now, his big thing is that restriction makes all of the above possible. until we have restriction, it is nothing but a frustrating waiting game. the more control you have over your hunger the more control you have over what you choose to eat.

as for exercise he puts it like this "you can either look like you just lost 100 lbs, or you can look 100 lbs thinner".

so, i don't know, but those items that he reminded me of wednesday that i should not feel guilty. if i were able to control all of these items on my own i never would have opted for surgery in the first place. although, today and yesterday i have restriction, i'm already logging food again and thinking clearer.

we will all get there, and we've all been beaten up enough in our lives, i'm sure mostly by ourselves. so, i say we all give ourselves a big fat break.

and yet, i'm trying to be optimistic and i have gained 2 lbs. more than my pre surgery weight.

we can do this..and i'm proud to be a member of the tenacious tens.

Wow, Bandster what your Dr said is right on!! I will be getting my second fill on the 11th and it is none to soon.... Since I don't feel like I have any restriction from my first fill I have gained a couple of pounds... I try very hard every day to make the right food choices and for the most part I do, the problem is that I am eating way to much again at my meals and then by the end of the day I give in to temptation from the head hunger and end up having sweets...

I need to pick up the pace on my exercise so I can look 100 pounds thinner... I have been very lax in that department and there is even a workout room in the RV park that I am staying at, so I really don't have any excuses....

Thanks for your post, it is inspirational and has got me thinking in a more positive direction....