Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

failing miserably at this right now!

Hey New Me!! ( Love the name),

I just went for my 4th fill today and I think this is the one..FINALLY!! Apparently there is a "NEW" band that requires more fills but can be more effective longer. Keep up the great work and I will keep everyone posted on what's going on with me!!

Hey New Me!! ( Love the name),

I just went for my 4th fill today and I think this is the one..FINALLY!! Apparently there is a "NEW" band that requires more fills but can be more effective longer. Keep up the great work and I will keep everyone posted on what's going on with me!!

Sheila - Most who where banded after i think it was 7/1 or 7/15 have the new band - I have it - I have had 2 fills and got restiction on the 2nd one.. I really think it's diff for everyone - I know people who don't have any fills and have restriction...

:whoo:<p>I just got my 3rd fill and soooo happy to say that the 3rd time was a charm. I was getting very discouraged and wondered where would I go from here if such a drastic move didn't work for me. Most people who have this issue in their lives have no idea how very painful it is. Congradulations on all your success. Can I ask a favor? Can you tell me how to get one of those tickers onto my posts. They are pretty cool and I bet will be fun to use!! Congradulations again!!!! Sheila</p>

janet.....well said, sort of a kick in the butt for a lot of us, but it is the truth!!!!! we all know it

thanks

j.

:whoo:<p>I just got my 3rd fill and soooo happy to say that the 3rd time was a charm. I was getting very discouraged and wondered where would I go from here if such a drastic move didn't work for me. Most people who have this issue in their lives have no idea how very painful it is. Congradulations on all your success. Can I ask a favor? Can you tell me how to get one of those tickers onto my posts. They are pretty cool and I bet will be fun to use!! Congradulations again!!!! Sheila</p>

Sheila - here is a link that will tell you how to get a ticker.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f5/ticker-tutorial-pictures-41782/

janet.....well said, sort of a kick in the butt for a lot of us, but it is the truth!!!!! we all know it

thanks

j.

Jsoto - I beleive in tough band love - imho we are taking drastic measures to lose weight - we make so many excuses - we just have to step up to the plate and take responsiblity for our over eating and bad eating habits - we need some self control - the band restricts the amount of good food you eat but not the bad - but you gotta do the rest by makeing healthy food choices. -

things are definately looking up. i have pretty good restriction since my second fill. i am really tight in the am and dont even dare try to eat anything until afternoon besides coffee and Water. its not even worth it! i have decided to start tracking what i eat as i havent really lost much from this fill. but i know that is because i have been making bad food choices...picking what would go down easily, instead of finding the right healthy one that will work. but today i just feel everything is gonna start workin for me (meaning i am gonna get my butt in gear! and back on the wagon!!!).

reading some of the posts it seems like people go the idea that i was blaming the band for my whole failing rant. i wasnt. i was blaming myself. i KNOW this band is only a tool, not a magic cure. i KNOW it will work when i decide to work it. that said, it was good to get the kick in the butt that came along with those other comments. so thanks.

and i hope everyone is doing better.

i KNOW it will work when i decide to work it. that said, it was good to get the kick in the butt that came along with those other comments. so thanks. and i hope everyone is doing better.[/quote]

There you go - that's the ticket !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats :rolleyes::smile::tongue:

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You for the instructions on doing the Ticker!!!! You are the BEST!!!

Thanks - I am just paying it forward - I was lucky enought to have alot of help when I first joined.

I have learned to navigate this site and where to find thing - the ticker instructions are under this was under f"requently asked questions" on the main board - also definations as to what pbing slime and NSV DH etc..

So Sheila 6 months from now - I want you to do the same for the newbies then OK :rolleyes: cuz by then you will be experienced and you will have been around the site enough to know where stuff is at - heck you will even be in the rants' - Saying OMG they don't know what sliming is:biggrin:

My best to you...

want-so-bad;this forum is here so you can rant about things that bother you. A lot of self-pays can understand where you are coming from. When you pay out a lot of money, even when you "know" it is going to take time,you get spooked when you don't automatically lose the weight. And most of us know the LB is a tool, not a majic wand. Hey, if most of us could control our eating habits and make good choices, chances are we wouldn't have gotten a lap band in the first place! My dr is a real sweetie, she reassured me this is just a small blip on your way to weight loss. So keep talking whenever you need to. :smile: Laura