Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

failing miserably at this right now!

Stop waiting for scheduled appointments see you Dr. and express you concerns.Log you food remember you should only be consumint 600 to 800 calories a day. you have to work w/ your Dr. "hello I need a fill prior to my next appt." believe me you will see better results w/ proper restriction and logging you daily intake, Make sure you get 64 oz of Water for the next 3 days check you weight then .. remember 600 to 800 calories a DAY!

I think we all feel the same way and it's during hard times like this (when we don't make the choices we felt we should have made) that we have to look at the successes we HAVE had. For example, I am FREEZING at work today, I have 2 sweaters and my coat on. I consider that my body working to take me down another size.

Being cold + No weight loss = lost inches. The weight WILL follow the inches. It's just your body catching up to the quick weight loss you've had prior. It's a stop and go process.

Hang in there, we will ALL get there!!

IndioGirl: thanks for the words of encouragement and the kick in the tush, I know I needed it!!

-Becky

IndioGirl: thanks for the words of encouragement and the kick in the tush, I know I needed it!! Becky

Thanks Becky - I was a little worried about getting flamed for sticking my nose in another threads business - but feel that if someone needs help it doesnt matter what month they were banded in that I should give a little insight that they might not have thought of. I think we all need a kick in the butt at one time or another - it's just to easy to slip back into those old eating habits...

so i had my fill the 27 (the second one). and everything was fine. i was just being a paranoid nut job there for awhile :o. i had lost since my first fill and the doc said things looked good. i hated to admit to him i felt like such a failure and why. he was great. he reassured me that this was prolly one of the hardest things ever to do (i SO agree) and that it was only natural to have slip ups. the more important thing was how i recovered from them. he made me feel so much better! since then i have MAJOR restriction. its interesting. one day i will be fine, have good restriction but can eat. then the next day i cant eat a thing and can barely get liquids down. but i am making healthier choices and feeling so much better now. i have decided that i wont wait so long to get a fill when i start to feeling like i need another one. dont want to go into panic mode again and question everything and myself so much.

becky---i have noticed i am much colder all the time now. must be from the weight loss? i have been driving my hubby nuts, i am freezing and he is pouring sweat because i keep turning the heat up.

hatmama---my surgery date was 10/4 too! as i understand it, its best to eat your Protein first to make sure you are getting enough in, plus it will help to keep you full longer. i am saving too, for a Tummy Tuck and new cute perky boobies! lol. i can not wait! but, all in good time. my plan is to get to goal and then maintain that weight for a year before any plastic surgery.

and thank so everyone. it really helps to hear that i am not alone in my struggles and such. although, i must say, i wish none of us were! but that will come with experience and each passing day i think. i hope things are looking up for everyone else as well.

Thank you for the words of encouragement IndioGirl55. We do need to keep in mind that the band is just a tool. I for one am glad that I have learned to eat healthy as well as excercise.

I now have alot more energy and am ready to try different levels of excercise. I finally went and bought some new clothes. WOW, I have got to admit, for the first time in a long time I liked what I saw in the mirror.

I have to keep telling myself that I can do it and I will do it. I will not let myself down again. I hope everyone has a wonderful day! Hang in there!

Thank you for the words of encouragement IndioGirl55. We do need to keep in mind that the band is just a tool. I for one am glad that I have learned to eat healthy as well as excercise.

I now have alot more energy and am ready to try different levels of excercise. I finally went and bought some new clothes. WOW, I have got to admit, for the first time in a long time I liked what I saw in the mirror.

I have to keep telling myself that I can do it and I will do it. I will not let myself down again. I hope everyone has a wonderful day! Hang in there!

Newimage - I agree the energy is so great - I was sleeping away my weekends before - I don't like exercise - but I know it's key in my weight loss and I do like the challenge - I want to quit at about 1.5 miles but push myself to do 3 and sometimes on Saturdays I will do 4..

It's so great to be able to buy new clothes - I am able to shop in the regular womens section - no more bbw stores.

You can & Will do it - Congrats.

Thanks IndioGirl for your post.... It is very enlightening and encouraging... Everything you said is right on!!!

I go in on the 11th for my second fill and I am looking forward to it so I can hopefully get some restriction... I don't feel like I have any restriction right now and even though I try to make the right food choices, I can still eat way too much and end up caving in to head hunger at night and go for the sweets.... As you said "I need to step up to the plate and take responsibility for myself"....

I have enjoyed reading many of your other posts and they have all been so upbeat and encouraging..... Thanks again for your post, it is much needed and appreciated...

Thanks IndioGirl for your post.... It is very enlightening and encouraging... Everything you said is right on!!!

I go in on the 11th for my second fill and I am looking forward to it so I can hopefully get some restriction... I don't feel like I have any restriction right now and even though I try to make the right food choices, I can still eat way too much and end up caving in to head hunger at night and go for the sweets.... As you said "I need to step up to the plate and take responsibility for myself"....

I have enjoyed reading many of your other posts and they have all been so upbeat and encouraging..... Thanks again for your post, it is much needed and appreciated...

Thanks Nicnaknut.. I try - I am a fat person too.... I am at the same place as everyone else - but have come to the conclusion that there is no easy way out - that if we want to lose weight we are going to have to work at it - period end of story - it doens't matter if we have the band - bypass - or any kind of weight loss programs - it isn't going to succeed if we don't do the work - we can NEVER NEVER go back to our old eating styles or we will gain all the weight back like we have always done it the past. That's what i am trying to get across in my post..

I appreciate the props.....

Janet

I was banded on 10/18/07. After I recovered from surgery, I was hungry!! But I had lost 35lbs. After I had my first fill on Nov. 27, I was hoping that would do the trick. No such luck; I have regained 10 pounds over the holidays. While still hoping my second fill on January 8 helps curb my appetite as promised, I changed from going to Curves to the local gym on Dec. 17. At the moment I am keeping the weight gain at bay. I’m trying to stay positive but I need for this surgery to work and so far it isn’t doing the trick. Patience is an emotion that comes and goes with me and right now it is on vacation.

I was banded on 10/18/07. After I recovered from surgery, I was hungry!! But I had lost 35lbs. After I had my first fill on Nov. 27, I was hoping that would do the trick. No such luck; I have regained 10 pounds over the holidays. While still hoping my second fill on January 8 helps curb my appetite as promised, I changed from going to Curves to the local gym on Dec. 17. At the moment I am keeping the weight gain at bay. I’m trying to stay positive but I need for this surgery to work and so far it isn’t doing the trick. Patience is an emotion that comes and goes with me and right now it is on vacation.

Moviejunkie - you have lost an average of 2.5 lbs per week - what's not working you are doing great !!!!! Regaining 10 lbs - that wasn't the bands fault - that was the result of the food choices you made.

New Year new goal - good food choices and exercise - those 10 + more will come off if you are committed to these changes - you can do you...

I am glad it is not only me! I am so out of control that this emotional eating is just taking over. I also just fractured my leg and in a cast and am limited to excercising. I even have been away from the site for a while because I feel so badly about myself. I don't want this to fail and I know it is up to me. I just can't stop eating! I plan on giving my Dr. a call on Monday and talk with the nutritionist. Maybe they can offer some advise.

The surgery helped with the physical but it is my emotional self that is not on track!

:help::):faint:

HiTrapped;

I was banded on the 29th of Oct also. To date I have lost 29.5 pounds. I had thought it would be a little more. I will go for my 3rd fill. I can tell the more fills it seems to be getting better. Hopefully it will be in the perfect zone shortlt. Good luck to you.

Connie

Mscas3,

Don't stay away because you think you're failing! That's the time you need the support of others here on this forum. We are all in the same boat and we all have our successes and failures at different times. That's what makes this forum so helpful - you can choose the thread that relates to what you are going through.

We all struggle; it's part of the process of learning how from adjust life-long bad eating habits.

Thank God for this forum, it has really helped me in so many ways!!

Stay close and stay in touch, that way we can continue to help each other!!

-Becky :)

I couldn't agree more. We need to take responsibility for what we put in our own bodies. The lapband is tool...that's all. You still make the choices on eating healthy or not.

You are right Indigo Girl about the food choices. My sweet tooth kills me sometimes.

I had my 2nd fill yesterday (Jan. 8) for a total of 8ccs in the 14cc band. This time feels different. I can't gulp my beverages down. This time I have to sip, so I think my band is finally feeling restriction. Those holiday pounds are coming off pronto, although I refuse to change the weight loss on my diet ticker LOL. I'm going to return to that weight loss shortly!!