Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When I went to the hospital, I wore my pyjamas, comfy crocs and a fleece. I packed another pair of pyjamas, underwear and phone charger. Nothing else. In the UK, hospitals provide you with toothbrush/toothpaste and toiletries for showering etc. Besides, when you get admitted, you have to change into a hospital gown. I kept my boxer shorts on, and discarded them in the hospital bathroom bin when I showered three days later. You want to keep packing light, make it easier on yourself. Most of your time will be spent in bed recovering, not surfing the net.

Now day 6 post op! I can hardly believe it except i would love something solid to eat. Today my husband took me to lowes to walk around the plants and break up the monotony.
I found that juice causes me to race to the bathroom. We picked up cream of chicken Soup and its pretty tasty. My incisions don’t hurt but i feel tender inside. A little more every day. Inching back to the new normal!
Since week 2 is pureed foods what are you all doing with the tuna? ?

37 minutes ago, Calli said:

Now day 6 post op! I can hardly believe it except i would love something solid to eat. Today my husband took me to lowes to walk around the plants and break up the monotony.
I found that juice causes me to race to the bathroom. We picked up cream of chicken Soup and its pretty tasty. My incisions don’t hurt but i feel tender inside. A little more every day. Inching back to the new normal!
Since week 2 is pureed foods what are you all doing with the tuna? ?

I put mayo, mustard, extremely finely diced onion, and thinly sliced pickles, salt, and pepper.

I am scheduled for an RNY Wednesday May 22! I met with the surgeon last week and when his RN came in afterwards, she goes, "we can get you on the schedule on the 22nd first thing in the morning." Thinking she meant June 22, I told her that would be perfect because it would give me just over a month to get things in order at work and get the house post-op friendly. She just looked at me and said, "No... May 22nd... like two weeks from now." 😅

1) I think the thing I'm most nervous about is the questions and opinions from others. I've lost almost 100 already and get comments congratulating me for "not taking the easy way out with surgery." Now that I've announced that I'll be out of work for a few weeks for a surgery, I keep getting asked about what kind. I've defaulted to saying a hiatal hernia repair. I've only told the five people in my support team the truth.

2) I'm planning on bringing my own pillow and blanket, some comfy clothes and non-slip slippers, iPad, Kindle and a couple books (I'm a mood reader so I never know what I'm going to want to read!), toiletries and bathroom items, lip balm, and a hair tie or claw clip.

3) I'm excited to just finally have it done! I'm tired of battling diets and hormones/genetics to only be able to lose 15 pounds then hitting the plateau that eventually leaves me feeling defeated, so I give up and gain the 15 pounds plus a few more back.

I had my surgery May 14, 2024. I am just trying to get all the Water in that I can. It is hard to believe that I got my surgery. It doesn't seem real. Tomorrow, I introduce Protein Shakes back into my diet. I really hope it goes well.

I’m 8 day out post op and have lost 20 pounds. It’s incredible, I feel great and I am ready to get back to life. I am also getting tired of Protein Shakes. I have been having some soup(strained) to help break up some of monotonous of just the Protein Drinks.

8 hours ago, stephiemarie3291 said:

I am scheduled for an RNY Wednesday May 22! I met with the surgeon last week and when his RN came in afterwards, she goes, "we can get you on the schedule on the 22nd first thing in the morning." Thinking she meant June 22, I told her that would be perfect because it would give me just over a month to get things in order at work and get the house post-op friendly. She just looked at me and said, "No... May 22nd... like two weeks from now." 😅

1) I think the thing I'm most nervous about is the questions and opinions from others. I've lost almost 100 already and get comments congratulating me for "not taking the easy way out with surgery." Now that I've announced that I'll be out of work for a few weeks for a surgery, I keep getting asked about what kind. I've defaulted to saying a hiatal hernia repair. I've only told the five people in my support team the truth.

2) I'm planning on bringing my own pillow and blanket, some comfy clothes and non-slip slippers, iPad, Kindle and a couple books (I'm a mood reader so I never know what I'm going to want to read!), toiletries and bathroom items, lip balm, and a hair tie or claw clip.

3) I'm excited to just finally have it done! I'm tired of battling diets and hormones/genetics to only be able to lose 15 pounds then hitting the plateau that eventually leaves me feeling defeated, so I give up and gain the 15 pounds plus a few more back.

Dont feel pressured to share your personal life. I too have struggled with what to tell coworkers, boss, etc…. I also said i have a hernia (not lying) and i just need some time to take care of myself. I have only told 3 people outside of my immediate family. (So max 7 people)
when you are ready you will know. I feel it is a deeply personal lifelong struggle. When i am ready to Celebrate it will first be with the people who know and love me now.

18 days post surgery and I'm feeling great. I'm excited to start mushies this week but not as excited as I thought I'd be. This week I added zero fat yogurt, pudding, and creamy Soups to the menu, thinking I'd just be snarfing them down. Nope. Anything more than a quarter cup and I start to feel my throat seize. I'm becoming more food apathetic but I'll still add eggs and tuna. Down 40!

I am so glad to see I am not the only one wishing that they could be eating something solid 😂 Or even just eggs!

I am still on the liquid stage until Wednesday!

Day 3 post-op from band removal to gastric sleeve. Yikes, this was way worse than what I thought. They took longer to get that band out-appears previous surgeon was making sure that bugger wasn't moving. 2 days of sleeping and sipping Water. Can't even think about food. I hope this gets easier as the week goes by.

My surgery is May 22. I'm a little nervous because I've never had surgery before. Any tips to conquer this anxiety?

17 minutes ago, Baylee B said:

My surgery is May 22. I'm a little nervous because I've never had surgery before. Any tips to conquer this anxiety?

the surgery is the easy part. the surgeons know what they are doing to help with anxiety...try some exercise. remember to follow the doctors rules for a smooth recovery. let the journey begin

My surgery is tomorrow May 22nd. I’m as prepared as I can be. I’m a little nervous but ready to go!

On 5/20/2024 at 1:08 AM, Bypass2Freedom said:

I am so glad to see I am not the only one wishing that they could be eating something solid 😂 Or even just eggs!

I am still on the liquid stage until Wednesday!

I am so ready for some more solid food!!

How is everyone doing? I had my first follow up with my Dr yesterday since my surgery on May 9th. I started talking numbers with him finally and it seems insane but he said by the first year I should lose about 100 pounds, well he said within six months to a year. That would put me at my lowest weight in at least I dunno 25 years.

I finally got around to taking some measurements and pictues although I had already lost 63 pounds but at least I will have something to look back on.