Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm down 15 lbs. in 4 days. It's wonderful to be headed in the right direction again!!

My surgery date was May 1st. I was anxious as the date got closer and closer. I had never gone under, so I was anxious about that. I remember going into the surgery room, scorching over to the surgical table, and then waking up in the recovery room. I didn’t think the surgery had been done. Until I went to the restroom and looked at the incisions on my stomach.
I took Powerade zero, gripe Water, gas x pills, and loose clothing for my departure. The gripe water was nasty, super sweet, and I don’t think it helped. The gas x pills, for sure take. Definitely needed chapstick (although the hospital gave me a care bag that included lip moisturizer). All I was able to drink was water and ice chips.

The first day/night of surgery is definitely the hardest!!!!!!!!

Today I’m one week post op and feel better each day. I lost 13 lbs in this 1 week. Starting Protein Shakes today. My diet is soft Protein and liquids.

22 minutes ago, JadeMonk80 said:

My surgery date was May 1st. I was anxious as the date got closer and closer. I had never gone under, so I was anxious about that. I remember going into the surgery room, scorching over to the surgical table, and then waking up in the recovery room. I didn’t think the surgery had been done. Until I went to the restroom and looked at the incisions on my stomach.
I took Powerade zero, gripe Water, gas x pills, and loose clothing for my departure. The gripe Water was nasty, super sweet, and I don’t think it helped. The gas x pills, for sure take. Definitely needed chapstick (although the hospital gave me a care bag that included lip moisturizer). All I was able to drink was water and ice chips.

The first day/night of surgery is definitely the hardest!!!!!!!!

Today I’m one week post op and feel better each day. I lost 13 lbs in this 1 week. Starting Protein Shakes today. My diet is soft Protein and liquids.

I am in the same boat with not having had surgery since I was younger so I really can't remember what it was like to go under! I am really glad to hear that you don't remember anything and it wasn't a scary experience!

Also congratulations on your weight loss so far!

2 hours ago, WarrenInEC said:

I'm down 15 lbs. in 4 days. It's wonderful to be headed in the right direction again!!

Congratulations!!

10 hours ago, Syl237 said:

Surgery scheduled may 17th and I'm on day 5 of my pre liquid diet and my blood sugars are dropping and I'm getting tired of this diet.

Honestly days 1-3 were the worst for me, and I think the range is like 1-5 being the hardest part of the pre-op diet.

I promise that easier days are on their way!

Surgery went well, and I am home today, sipping Protein Water and broth. My one night in the hospital I barely slept, I could not find a comfortable position to save my life. So I walked around a lot, sat on the edge of the bed, read my book. Had one terrible bout of naseau last night, the nurse said I was probably drinking too fast. The dry heaves hit this morning, but I was told that was nothing to worry about unless it persisted.

So now I'm home and confused. I had a list of what to drink, but there is absolutely no way I will be getting 60 ounces of Fluid into me. I assume it gets easier?

The minimum liquid intake was 48oz, and now, a week later, they tell me to try to go for 64oz. lol But they say half the liquid can be from Protein Shake, the rest clear liquid. I tried yogurt and it’s ok, it’s hard to eat. It supposed to be 1-2 oz of “food.” I get full with 2 spoons of yogurt. I tried cheese today and that’s a no go. I feel like I’m going to choke. Cream of wheat has been good because it’s liquidy, but then it’s high in carbs, so idk if it’s worth eating lol

I too could not sleep at the hospital. Every angle hurt, and the machines kept beeping, and the nurses kept coming in to check my sugar, blood pressure etc.

2 hours ago, JadeMonk80 said:

The minimum liquid intake was 48oz, and now, a week later, they tell me to try to go for 64oz. lol But they say half the liquid can be from Protein Shake, the rest clear liquid.

Thank you, that makes me feel a lot better. I will aim for 48 and double check with my dietitian tomorrow.

My surgery date was May 3rd

My surgery was Monday, came home yesterday. Surgery went very well, about 3 hours for band removal and sleeve. I have had no problems with drinking liquids so far, except if I drink too much at one time I feel pressure. Meeting my liquid goals with no problem. No nausea, and pain is minimal. Yes, the gas is the worst thing. I have 6 incisions which are glued together. Just hope things continue to progress well. I can't wait to advance to full liquids, but will wait and not try them too soon.

One week since my sleeve surgery. Some observations:

Dehydration: They warned us this would be the biggest challenge and they weren't kidding! The doctors fixed a hiatal hernia they weren't expecting and they must have tightened it up pretty well. Drinking anything is a chore, and sometimes painful (though that is gradually going away). Seriously though, keeping a steady inflow of liquid takes mental focus. I'm getting better every day but hitting that 48oz minimum takes effort.

What I'm Drinking: Vitamin Water Zero and Protein Shakes. I wish I had done more flavor profiling before surgery. My Gold Standard Protein shakes are fine but the flavors are kind of meh. I'm so much of a cheapskate though, I'll stick with the Double chocolate and Cinnamon Roll options until they run out. I liked the Unjury Cookies and Cream, but that brand is expensive and...again...cheapskate.

How I'm feeling: No external pain. The core pain in my abdomen when moving around is largely gone...I only notice when I have to bend way down to pick up something. I won't say my energy is up, but I feel lighter. My feet aren't swollen. Clothes are fitting more easily. I'm going on progressively longer walks (but take along a bottle, the cotton mouth is real).

Bleh: I hate ground up pills. The taste stays with me all. night. long.

I can't wait to graduate to mushy foods! Never thought I'd be so excited for applesauce.

I’m glad you’re doing better. I’m always looking for the best prices. Lol I bought muscle milk Protein Shakes, o carb, chocolate flavor, at Sam’s Club. I don’t like the flavor either, but I’m drinking them because it was $25 ish dollars for 18 bottles. I put a 15 minute timer and I drink my one ounce of Protein and liquids. I have to alternate, 1 protein, 1 clear liquid. The protein is heavy on my stomach. Little by little I’m checking what I can have and not have.

Todays the day! A bit nervous. Some hesitation. But very ready. Thank you to everyone for sharing your journey.

2 hours ago, Calli said:

Todays the day! A bit nervous. Some hesitation. But very ready. Thank you to everyone for sharing your journey.

Good luck! Xxx