Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Doctor in Mexico - Dr. Francisco Contreras

Has anyone heard anything good, bad, or ugly about Dr. Francisco Contreras? I am considering having him do my Lap Band procedure. However, I have not seen much threads about him.

Has anyone had him as a surgeon for the Lap Band procedure or know of anyone has had him as a surgeon?

I am a little bit skeptical about going to Mexico to have this procedure done.

Hi Man,

Well I've not heard stories about the physician you choose. However if you're planning to use the Inamed band you can contact Mr. Don Mills at Inamed Health 800-624-4261 X4546 and he will tell you if your physician has been trained on the Inamed system.

I went to Mexico for my surgery 2 years ago. I don't regret it for a moment. If you know the hospital you are using they normally have a website with s video to show you the facilities.

Good Luck hope this helps a little.

Inamed won't discuss the negative aspects of doctors much. They pretty well rate them on the number of bands they buy, not the skill they have.

Are you referring to Betancourt Medical? Is so, please be verrrry careful about that option.

Inamed won't discuss the negative aspects of doctors much. They pretty well rate them on the number of bands they buy, not the skill they have.

Are you referring to Betancourt Medical? Is so, please be verrrry careful about that option.

2 years ago when I started looking at clinics I called Mr. Mills and he informed me the physician I was looking in to had not been trained on the Inamed banding system. For me this verifications was the starting point of my research. They may not tell you if your physician is good or bad but they can tell you if they have at least been trained.

Wasabubble that's a cute name lol and CONGRATS on the weight loss and making goal in 3 months. That's fab! and inspirational to us all.

Happy and Merry to one and all.

2 years ago when I started looking at clinics I called Mr. Mills and he informed me the physician I was looking in to had not been trained on the Inamed banding system. For me this verifications was the starting point of my research. They may not tell you if your physician is good or bad but they can tell you if they have at least been trained.

Wasabubble that's a cute name lol and CONGRATS on the weight loss and making goal in 3 months. That's fab! and inspirational to us all.

Happy and Merry to one and all.

They used to have an Inamed certification for doctors. Actually, they still do. You have to be trained in the band before you can purchase them. That means watching a single band being placed. If you want to train others do to place a band you have to have 10 bands under your belt. That's not much training in my book.

They used to revoke the certifications of the really bad doctors. They quit doing that too. Now they have docs they know are bad and they sell them bands anyway. This is totally against their previous policies.

That's why I don't put a lot of stock in what Inamed claims anymore.

Thanks for the congrats on my weight loss. I still can't believe I am at goal. Actually, when I look in the mirror I still don't see it. I see very little difference from 100 pounds ago. Weird how stuff like that happens. I guess it takes a lot for your head to catch up to your body. :rose:

Congrats on your banding! Life is sooo much different when you can buy clothes from the normo sections! HA! I love it, I'm back to being addicting to shopping! Hubby is even putting up with it this time!

Has anyone heard anything good, bad, or ugly about Dr. Francisco Contreras? I am considering having him do my Lap Band procedure. However, I have not seen much threads about him.

Has anyone had him as a surgeon for the Lap Band procedure or know of anyone has had him as a surgeon?

I am a little bit skeptical about going to Mexico to have this procedure done.

:)

You should move forward with Dr Contreras, he does a great surgery. He also uses only FDA approved bands... I have been happy with this surgeon and Betancourt Medical

Best wishes to you

Patti

Hi, I was wondering what information you have about Betancourt Medical? Did you go there? Just wonder why or what info you have to scare someone from making a choice...

Look forward to hearing from you, feel free to write to me personally if you prefer

patti

bandinfo@verizon.net

Hi, I was wondering what information you have about Betancourt Medical? Did you go there? Just wonder why or what info you have to scare someone from making a choice...

Look forward to hearing from you, feel free to write to me personally if you prefer

patti

bandinfo@verizon.net

Interesting ID you have there.

Just do a search on Betancourt, you'll find a wealth of horror. Search OH, LBT. Google, the works. There is a ton of info out there for the taking.

I used Betancourt medical for my surgery. The patient coordinator assured me that an FDA approved band would be used, as that was a major concern of mine. I did not find out until after complications started arising that I indeed DID NOT have an FDA approved band. Now, I'm stuck w/ a infection at the port site, which my current American doctor cannot replace.

Just FYI.......

:D

You should move forward with Dr Contreras, he does a great surgery. He also uses only FDA approved bands... I have been happy with this surgeon and Betancourt Medical

Best wishes to you

Patti

Which band do you have Nataliesmom... ?

IF you want email me personally and I will see what I can do for you.

Who was your surgeon?

There was a group of doctors that were working out of Betancourt and from what I understand the surgeon started do somethings that were not ok... And Andres broke away from them and built this new facility and will never be forced to work in less then excellent standards... 11 months ago, he and 2 other doctors opened this brand new surgery center. I cant begin to tell you that I have compassion in my heart for what you must have went through emotionally but... I have been working from the other side and would be happy to help you.. Maybe together we can get your situation fixed.

My personal email is bandinfo@verizon.com

I hope to hear from you... I had my surgery done at a big hospital in Monterrey and suffered a port infection.... 4 months post-op...

Take care

Which band do you have Nataliesmom... ?

IF you want email me personally and I will see what I can do for you.

Who was your surgeon?

There was a group of doctors that were working out of Betancourt and from what I understand the surgeon started do somethings that were not ok... And Andres broke away from them and built this new facility and will never be forced to work in less then excellent standards... 11 months ago, he and 2 other doctors opened this brand new surgery center. I cant begin to tell you that I have compassion in my heart for what you must have went through emotionally but... I have been working from the other side and would be happy to help you.. Maybe together we can get your situation fixed.

My personal email is bandinfo@verizon.com

I hope to hear from you... I had my surgery done at a big hospital in Monterrey and suffered a port infection.... 4 months post-op...

Take care

Pardon me? Andres was never "forced" to work anywhere, he did so completely and totally willingly. He *chose* the places to go and work and recruit patients. To infer he was forced to work anywhere under any conditions is ludicrous.

Why is it that Andres Betancourt seems to get mixed up with all the bad docs in Mexico? Nothing is ever his fault, it's always the fault of someone else. It's someone elses fault that the clinics he has worked out of were filthy dumps with no running hot Water, it's never his fault that he chooses the absolute worst docs with the worst reps in Mexico to work with, it's not his fault that the docs he chooses to work (currently) with were in prison for US insurance fraud, he even claims it wasn't his fault he had his MD license revoked by the Mexican govt.

SignOnSanDiego.com > News > Metro -- Six Tijuana doctors arrested in sting

When will he start taking some responsibility for the clinics he chooses and the docs he chooses to work with?

I doubt NataliesMommy is going to want to go to Betancourt for more infections and pus draining from her gut.

Sorry you got a port infection, not every doc in Monterrey is good and just because a hospital is big also does not mean it is good.

Yes, I know Dr. Contreras Guarista, he is a young surgeon, he performed my surgery, and I am great, he was very profesional in his work, and only use FDA approved Band (INAMED/Allergan or Johnson & Johnson), he is gonna ask you what you want and of course I choose the INAMED, he gave me my card, information regarding PO diets, he did my surgery in the Versalles Clinic at Tijuana. My concern why to talk bad about doctors? In my case I had a beautiful experience. I only can say he is a great surgeon I am always in contact with him, he always answers 24/7. But choose the surgeon you can feel more comfortable.

happypatient.

Sep 2007 Dr. Contreras Guarista.

Lose 90 lbs.

I am happy.

Dr. Contreras Guarista is an excellent surgeon. I had my surgery about a week ago and I feel great. He talked with me and addressed all my concerns. Even after the surgery he keeps in touch with me and gives me encouragement and much needed advice. I totally trust him.

I am new to this forum, and I was reading and checking from my surgeon, and I am glad to find some of him. Yes I know very well my surgeon in fact he did my surgery the Jan 14th 2008. I have only 1 week after surgery, I feel perfect. I had an appointment today with him, and for this first week I already lost 7 pounds, and is great, but still with a lot of questions regarding the diet, I have my appointment with my nutritionist in one month, Dr. Contreras gave me a diet for this month a high Protein diet and with clear and complete liquids.

Also when is the first fill I would like to know more... he already explain me everything, but I would like to know more from someone that already experienced all this; because I fill great but I need someone that would like to share.

Laura.

Weightloss Management Clinic - Home

Dr. Contreras Guarista.

Banded Jan 14th 2008.

1 week ..... 7 pound lost.