Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2024 Surgery Buddies?

25 minutes ago, NickelChip said:

This time tomorrow I should be checking into the hospital!

I've lost 15.4 pounds on the 2-week liquid diet, which is kinda crazy. My liver better be skinny enough to start a modeling career.

Yay... best of luck tomorrow!!!

9 minutes ago, LisajbKY said:

2 days until surgery! So excited and petrified! Anyone else that has that first postop week under your belts, what was the easiest clear liquid item to eat or drink? I want to stock up. Any words of advice?

Are you on the 22nd too? If so, we have the same name and same surgery date!!

I am!! You’re definitely my surgery buddy! I am in central Kentucky but having surgery in Cincinnati, what about you? Getting the preop jitters?

59 minutes ago, LisajbKY said:

I am!! You’re definitely my surgery buddy! I am in central Kentucky but having surgery in Cincinnati, what about you? Getting the preop jitters?

How fun surgery, buddy! I'm in the Western part of North Carolina... not the mountains, but the foothills. My surgery is local here. Oh my gosh... yes, jitters. Excited and nervous, a fun combination! Keeping as busy as I can. The person who did my psych evaluation for surgery had the surgery years ago. She's super nice, and we are meeting for an online chat today. I'm really looking forward to that!

My son went to college at Lee’s Mcrae which is in Banner Elk. I have an appointment with my therapist tomorrow. We are brave women and will conquer!

Yes me - mine was postponed from dec 29, 2023 and just had it done on feb16th 2024. Definitely interested in buddy group - I just joined the app

1 hour ago, IronQueen said:

Yes me - mine was postponed from dec 29, 2023 and just had it done on feb16th 2024. Definitely interested in buddy group - I just joined the app

Congratulations! Mine was supposed to be 12/28 and was postponed for tomorrow. I'm more nervous about more delays than I am the surgery!

7 hours ago, LisajbKY said:

2 days until surgery! So excited and petrified! Anyone else that has that first postop week under your belts, what was the easiest clear liquid item to eat or drink? I want to stock up. Any words of advice?

Just follow what the Medical professionals tell you. Don't deviate. Just be sure to get your Water and Protein in. I had a two week pre op liquid diet. So, water and Protein Shakes and zero sugar gatorade was my menu. But everyone's Doctor is different, just follow what they tell you.

My surgery was yesterday! I had Bypass and stayed overnight. Happy to report zero issues. Knock on wood!!! I have to give myself a blood thinner shot 2 times a day for 2 week. And only liquid diet for 2 weeks, then reintroduce Jello, pudding etc. I’m still shocked how well it went.

Awesome!! I will be right behind you on Thursday. I will be doing Lovenox injections also. First week post op is Clear Liquids and second week is full liquid diet. Hope you continue to recover fabulously!

18 hours ago, jessicawilliams24 said:

My surgery was yesterday! I had Bypass and stayed overnight. Happy to report zero issues. Knock on wood!!! I have to give myself a blood thinner shot 2 times a day for 2 week. And only liquid diet for 2 weeks, then reintroduce Jello, pudding etc. I’m still shocked how well it went.

I had mu Gastric bypass on the 7th. Mine went pretty well too. I haven't had any issues getting enough fluids. On the blood thinner shots, they will bruise you, it doesn't look pleasant. It something that happens taking thinners. The area where I put the shots looks like I took a couple chuck norris kicks to the mid section. Forgive me if I give to much info. The only problem I have is Constipation. I've taken Miralax everyday, yet I still had an impaction. I couldn't free it myself and had to go to the ER to get everything to pass.
The surgeon told me it could happen after surgery because of pain meds and Anesthesia. Plus I was on a two week pre-op liquid diet and was supposed to be two weeks Post-Op. So you get no Fiber to help things along. Since my issue, the Doctor said I could go ahead and eat pureed/soft food. Even starting it early by a week, I've had no issues. Though, I can only intake a cup of food or less. It's very different. Wish you the best of luck.

I had my surgery on Feb19 and i stayed for two nights i wasnt drinking enough liquid for my doctor to send me home. But l’m home now and showered. (Doctor allowed shower day after surgery). But I have little bit of pain here and there but manageable. I have to keep track of how much i drink until i can drink aleast five medication cups an hr. I am currently happy I did this and family members are being very supportive right now. I also kinda scared my little sister with the cut sites 😳. But she got over it.

On 2/13/2024 at 8:38 PM, ktorres1 said:

My surgery is Fed 19 and coming up fast for me.. im excited tho.. i can’t wait for this to happen

We are surgery date twins….how are you doing? I still feel so bloated but otherwise feeling fine.

Had surgery on the 20th. Didn’t have much pain, but you, know, lots of pain medication helps LOL!

I didn’t have a lot gas, but walking definitely helps. So far, so good - hopefully it stays that way.

On 2/21/2024 at 5:15 PM, ktorres1 said:

I had my surgery on Feb19 and i stayed for two nights i wasnt drinking enough liquid for my doctor to send me home. But l’m home now and showered. (Doctor allowed shower day after surgery). But I have little bit of pain here and there but manageable. I have to keep track of how much i drink until i can drink aleast five medication cups an hr. I am currently happy I did this and family members are being very supportive right now. I also kinda scared my little sister with the cut sites 😳. But she got over it.

Congratulations on your surgery! We are twinsies as my surgery was the 19th as well. I'm having issues with alot of hiccups which hurt right now and some Constipation but other than that, seems ok as of now. Good luck in your journey and I hope you continue to feel better 😊