Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2024 Surgery Buddies?

25 minutes ago, NickelChip said:

This time tomorrow I should be checking into the hospital!

I've lost 15.4 pounds on the 2-week liquid diet, which is kinda crazy. My liver better be skinny enough to start a modeling career.

Yay... best of luck tomorrow!!!

9 minutes ago, LisajbKY said:

2 days until surgery! So excited and petrified! Anyone else that has that first postop week under your belts, what was the easiest clear liquid item to eat or drink? I want to stock up. Any words of advice?

Are you on the 22nd too? If so, we have the same name and same surgery date!!

I am!! You’re definitely my surgery buddy! I am in central Kentucky but having surgery in Cincinnati, what about you? Getting the preop jitters?

59 minutes ago, LisajbKY said:

I am!! You’re definitely my surgery buddy! I am in central Kentucky but having surgery in Cincinnati, what about you? Getting the preop jitters?

How fun surgery, buddy! I'm in the Western part of North Carolina... not the mountains, but the foothills. My surgery is local here. Oh my gosh... yes, jitters. Excited and nervous, a fun combination! Keeping as busy as I can. The person who did my psych evaluation for surgery had the surgery years ago. She's super nice, and we are meeting for an online chat today. I'm really looking forward to that!

My son went to college at Lee’s Mcrae which is in Banner Elk. I have an appointment with my therapist tomorrow. We are brave women and will conquer!

Yes me - mine was postponed from dec 29, 2023 and just had it done on feb16th 2024. Definitely interested in buddy group - I just joined the app

1 hour ago, IronQueen said:

Yes me - mine was postponed from dec 29, 2023 and just had it done on feb16th 2024. Definitely interested in buddy group - I just joined the app

Congratulations! Mine was supposed to be 12/28 and was postponed for tomorrow. I'm more nervous about more delays than I am the surgery!

7 hours ago, LisajbKY said:

2 days until surgery! So excited and petrified! Anyone else that has that first postop week under your belts, what was the easiest clear liquid item to eat or drink? I want to stock up. Any words of advice?

Just follow what the Medical professionals tell you. Don't deviate. Just be sure to get your Water and Protein in. I had a two week pre op liquid diet. So, water and Protein Shakes and zero sugar gatorade was my menu. But everyone's Doctor is different, just follow what they tell you.

My surgery was yesterday! I had Bypass and stayed overnight. Happy to report zero issues. Knock on wood!!! I have to give myself a blood thinner shot 2 times a day for 2 week. And only liquid diet for 2 weeks, then reintroduce Jello, pudding etc. I’m still shocked how well it went.

Awesome!! I will be right behind you on Thursday. I will be doing Lovenox injections also. First week post op is Clear Liquids and second week is full liquid diet. Hope you continue to recover fabulously!

18 hours ago, jessicawilliams24 said:

My surgery was yesterday! I had Bypass and stayed overnight. Happy to report zero issues. Knock on wood!!! I have to give myself a blood thinner shot 2 times a day for 2 week. And only liquid diet for 2 weeks, then reintroduce Jello, pudding etc. I’m still shocked how well it went.

I had mu Gastric bypass on the 7th. Mine went pretty well too. I haven't had any issues getting enough fluids. On the blood thinner shots, they will bruise you, it doesn't look pleasant. It something that happens taking thinners. The area where I put the shots looks like I took a couple chuck norris kicks to the mid section. Forgive me if I give to much info. The only problem I have is Constipation. I've taken Miralax everyday, yet I still had an impaction. I couldn't free it myself and had to go to the ER to get everything to pass.
The surgeon told me it could happen after surgery because of pain meds and Anesthesia. Plus I was on a two week pre-op liquid diet and was supposed to be two weeks Post-Op. So you get no Fiber to help things along. Since my issue, the Doctor said I could go ahead and eat pureed/soft food. Even starting it early by a week, I've had no issues. Though, I can only intake a cup of food or less. It's very different. Wish you the best of luck.

I had my surgery on Feb19 and i stayed for two nights i wasnt drinking enough liquid for my doctor to send me home. But l’m home now and showered. (Doctor allowed shower day after surgery). But I have little bit of pain here and there but manageable. I have to keep track of how much i drink until i can drink aleast five medication cups an hr. I am currently happy I did this and family members are being very supportive right now. I also kinda scared my little sister with the cut sites 😳. But she got over it.

On 2/13/2024 at 8:38 PM, ktorres1 said:

My surgery is Fed 19 and coming up fast for me.. im excited tho.. i can’t wait for this to happen

We are surgery date twins….how are you doing? I still feel so bloated but otherwise feeling fine.

Had surgery on the 20th. Didn’t have much pain, but you, know, lots of pain medication helps LOL!

I didn’t have a lot gas, but walking definitely helps. So far, so good - hopefully it stays that way.

On 2/21/2024 at 5:15 PM, ktorres1 said:

I had my surgery on Feb19 and i stayed for two nights i wasnt drinking enough liquid for my doctor to send me home. But l’m home now and showered. (Doctor allowed shower day after surgery). But I have little bit of pain here and there but manageable. I have to keep track of how much i drink until i can drink aleast five medication cups an hr. I am currently happy I did this and family members are being very supportive right now. I also kinda scared my little sister with the cut sites 😳. But she got over it.

Congratulations on your surgery! We are twinsies as my surgery was the 19th as well. I'm having issues with alot of hiccups which hurt right now and some Constipation but other than that, seems ok as of now. Good luck in your journey and I hope you continue to feel better 😊

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Depressed lately...
      Losing very slowly because I'm not doing anything I'm supposed to be doing. No motivation to eat properly or go to gym. Scared....
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • stanley_imarc

IMARC Group’s report titled “Alternative Sweeteners Market Report by Product Type (High Fructose Syrup, High-Intensity Sweeteners, Low-Intensity Sweeteners), Source (Natural, Synthetic), Application (Food, Beverages, and Others), and Region 2024-2032”. The global alternative sweeteners market size reached US$ 4.9 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 7.0 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.05% during 2024-2032.
      Grab a sample PDF of this report: https://www.imarcgroup.com/alternative-sweeteners-market/requestsample
      Factors Affecting the Growth of the Alternative Sweeteners Industry:
      Health Consciousness: The increasing awareness among individuals about the health issues linked to high sugar consumption, such as obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases, is supporting the market growth. Consumers are becoming more health-conscious and seeking products that can provide sweetness without the negative health effects associated with sugar. This shift in consumer preferences is leading to a greater demand for low-calorie and natural sweeteners like stevia, monk fruit, and erythritol. These sweeteners offer the added benefit of having minimal impact on blood glucose levels, making them suitable for diabetic and health-conscious individuals.
      Technological Advancements: Innovations in the production and formulation of alternative sweeteners are impelling the market growth. Advancements in biotechnology and food science are leading to the development of high-intensity sweeteners with improved taste profiles and functional properties. Innovations in fermentation processes enhance the production efficiency and quality of natural sweeteners like stevia and monk fruit. These technological improvements are making alternative sweeteners more appealing to both manufacturers and consumers. Enhanced stability, solubility, and sweetness intensity allow these sweeteners to be used in a wide range of products, ranging from beverages to baked goods.
      Consumer Trends and Preferences: Evolving consumer trends and preferences are playing a significant role in driving the alternative sweeteners market. The growing demand for clean-label products, which are healthier and free from artificial ingredients, is offering a favorable market outlook. Consumers are increasingly seeking natural and plant-based sweeteners, aligning with broader trends toward plant-based diets and veganism. Besides this, there is an increase in the demand for low-calorie and sugar-free alternatives that support weight management and overall wellness. Food and beverage companies are responding to these trends by innovating and expanding their product lines to include options sweetened with alternative sweeteners, thereby catering to changing tastes and health concerns of modern consumers.
      Alternative Sweeteners Market Report Segmentation:
      By Product Type:
      High Fructose Syrup High-Intensity Sweeteners Low-Intensity Sweeteners High-intensity sweeteners represent the largest segment as they require only a fraction of the quantity to achieve the desired sweetness.
      By Source:
      Natural Synthetic On the basis of the source, the market has been bifurcated into natural and synthetic.
      By Application:
      Food Beverages Others Food accounts for the largest market share due to the rising utilization of sweeteners in a wide variety of food products.  
      Regional Insights:
      North America (United States, Canada) Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Others) Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Others) Middle East and Africa Asia Pacific region enjoys a leading position in the alternative sweeteners market on account of changing lifestyles of individuals.    
      Global Alternative Sweeteners Market Trends:
      Governing agencies and health organizations of several countries are implementing policies to reduce sugar consumption as they recognize its detrimental health impacts. Various regulatory bodies are approving alternative sweeteners for use, ensuring their safety and efficacy. These approvals provide food and beverage manufacturers with the confidence to incorporate alternative sweeteners into their products. Additionally, initiatives like sugar taxes in several countries are pushing companies to seek healthier alternatives to traditional sugar.   
      Furthermore, advancements in production techniques are making some alternative sweeteners more cost-competitive than traditional sugar. Consumers are becoming more concerned about the environmental impact of traditional sugar production and preferring more sustainable alternative sweeteners.
      Note: If you need specific information that is not currently within the scope of the report, we will provide it to you as a part of the customization.
      About Us
      IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
      IMARC Group’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
      Contact US
      IMARC Group
      134 N 4th St. Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
      Email: sales@imarcgroup.com
      Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
      United States: +1–631–791–1145 | United Kingdom: +44–753–713–2163

· 0 replies
    • Luis E. Lara

Hi everyone, I'm nerw here ☺️
      · 1 reply
      1. Alisa_S

Welcome!

I've been a member since 2008, but just now decided to go ahead with surgery. Barely getting started 😁

• Liz R

Trying to update my ticker - I'm down 100 pounds!! 
      · 1 reply
      1. Alisa_S

I don't know how to update the ticker, but CONGRATULATIONS!!!

• Alisa_S

I joined BariatricPal in 2008 & I FINALLY made the descision to have WLS!! I'm so excited & not sure what I need to do to get the ball rolling, but I made an appointment with my PCP for 7/19. It's a start I guess.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches