Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2024 Surgery Buddies?

Sorry you're going thru this. Your Dr. should have prescribed you medication for that. Had my procedure on the 28th I have meds for nausea and muscle spasm

2 week post-op appointment today and the doctor approved me to add cooked veg and fruit to my menu! I am so excited to have some veggies! I was also told I can drop one of my Protein Shake supplements as long as I hit 30g Protein from my food, which I have been able to do most of the time since starting soft Proteins.

Hi all, I had my Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass (RYGB) and a Hiatal Hernia repair February 29, 2024.
This is my 3 day home. Today has been really challenging, I feel super nauseous and my sense of smell is really heighten, I smell everything. I feel super emotional and I feel really bloated. I’ve got a call into the doctor about the nausea, hopefully will hear something back soon.
I have my first follow up on March 7th.
My emotions are all over the place, super sad and happy all at the same time… Good grief, definitely a learning curve!

1 hour ago, KNVC said:

Hi all, I had my Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass (RYGB) and a Hiatal Hernia repair February 29, 2024.
This is my 3 day home. Today has been really challenging, I feel super nauseous and my sense of smell is really heighten, I smell everything. I feel super emotional and I feel really bloated. I’ve got a call into the doctor about the nausea, hopefully will hear something back soon.
I have my first follow up on March 7th.
My emotions are all over the place, super sad and happy all at the same time… Good grief, definitely a learning curve!

My sense of smell was very heightened for at least the first week after surgery. I'm about a week and a half out and it seems to be calming down. Thank goodness... we have 5 dogs and 3 cats in the house! My doctor gave me meds for nausea, I hope yours will give you something!

5 stars to Red's Turkey Sausage Egg'wich. These little guys can be found in the frozen section at the grocery store (also Target and Walmart) and are perfect for Breakfast on the go. 3.9oz makes them just the right serving size for the soft Protein phase and beyond. They have 17g protein, only 3g carb, and really very decent, natural ingredients for a prepackaged food. It's pretty much all stuff you'd have in your own kitchen. Tasty and ready in 90 seconds!

14 hours ago, Ladywelder6075 said:
14 hours ago, Ladywelder6075 said:

I had my surgery Feb 27th. Doing good so far and hope you are too!

hang it in there. The best that I can. Lots of nausea for some reason. The last couple of days. I am on a full week tomorrow of liquids post surgery. I’m up and moving around. I’m feeling pretty darn good the hardest part I guess is setting up after laying down it just hurts my stomach muscle lol.

Is anyone struggling with taking pills? Tomorrow is two weeks out from surgery for me, and I dread taking my pills morning and night... especially in the morning. This morning I woke up feeling full and the thought of my pills was making me gag. It doesn't matter what size they are; I don't like swallowing them. Once I take them, I have to sit and let them go down. I took them over an hour ago, and I still feel full and a bit gaggy. I have no clue what the deal is with this. I never liked taking pills, but this is crazy. I'm trying to drink a Protein Drink to get my mind off this, but I'm struggling cuz I feel so full.

1 hour ago, LisaCaryl said:

Is anyone struggling with taking pills? Tomorrow is two weeks out from surgery for me, and I dread taking my pills morning and night... especially in the morning. This morning I woke up feeling full and the thought of my pills was making me gag. It doesn't matter what size they are; I don't like swallowing them. Once I take them, I have to sit and let them go down. I took them over an hour ago, and I still feel full and a bit gaggy. I have no clue what the deal is with this. I never liked taking pills, but this is crazy. I'm trying to drink a Protein Drink to get my mind off this, but I'm struggling cuz I feel so full.

I have two capsules and a small pill. I crush the pill and empty both capsules into a couple tablespoons of applesauce and take them that way.

18 minutes ago, NickelChip said:

I have two capsules and a small pill. I crush the pill and empty both capsules into a couple tablespoons of applesauce and take them that way.

Unfortunately, I have LOTS of pills. I'm hoping to get off some of them in time!

3 hours ago, NickelChip said:

I use a pill grinder and put over apple sauce per my dr.

On 1/9/2024 at 11:04 PM, barybabe said:

Feb 16 its mine, anyone on same day in Turkey? @ clinichub?

Mine was Feb 16 in turkey but at Dr HE clinic!

How are you getting along

I had my surgery on the 16th of Feb - so 20 days ago. I'm still on purées and am mainly having Myprotein clear Protein Shakes ( 3 a day) and ricotta mixed with different spices/herbs/salts and Peanut Butter powder for the purées.

I've been having pretty loose and watery stools though so I'm very tired.

I stared at 91.1kg for 1m67 and now I'm at 82.9kg so I'm loosing at a decent rate but I'm exhausted... pre surgery I was a very big walker and I'm struggling to get to 10k steps a day.

I'm eating as much as I can but it takes ages as after 2/3 teaspoons I get a blocked sensation at the top of my throat and a painful feeling in my tummy and have to wait half an hour or so before I can try again. I know this will get better, but it's hard at the moment.

What have been the best (easiest) purées you folks have found ?

Thanks

I did mine on feb 12 in turkey .