Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Warning: Save your money for goal

Whoo weee. I am 2 pounds from goal, so have been splurging on some much needed new clothes, nothing fancy, just the essentials for a SAHM.

I was careful not to spend too much money on the way down the scale, but know each and every penny I did spend was really a waste. Because I didn't wear it for long.

Now at goal (almost)......wow! All I can say is save your money folks.

I love to shop and I really need to get my head around the fact that I don't need to be spending money on clothes!! I just can't picture myself getting any skinnier at this point....Crazy, I know. I just ordered new scrubs for work yesterday, and originally had them all one size smaller in the cart (I bought them online) and then changed them to my current size. Duh!! Now I will probably have to send them back to exchange for smaller ones. The only thing I am trying to console myself with is that one of the brands I bought always runs small and I always take at least one size bigger in them anyway!!

Congrats at bein near goal!!

I look frumpy for as long as I can handle it in my too-big clothes. It's a lot easier with shirts, as long as they're not the 'cut to look sexy' shirts.. which then look just weird.

But for pants, I found a pair I love, and I buy 2 pair at a time of whatever size I'm in from the store. I bought 21's and they didn't even last a month.. just bought 19's and they're gettin baggy now too. Anyone want some sexy 21 size jeans? 35" inseam.

Holy cow! I would love some of those jeans if I were a little taller, you Amazon goddess! You must be tall (or else I'm just exceptionally short...a 35 inch inseam would be about 6 inches too long on me...)

Tell me about it, I am 5 foot even and I have a problem with walking on my hems. Right now I am wearing a pair of jeans that all I have to do is undo the belt and they slide right off. I’m lucky I guess because we don’t have to dress up for work. Just jeans and a work t-shirt that I don't even have to tuck in.

Ohhhh, there is more.

Once you hit goal (at least in my case) you'll keep shrinking even if the scale isn't moving. I've lost almost two sizes and 4 pounds. Things also shift and move. You really can't bank on staying at your size until you have been at goal for a bit.

Seriously, when you hit goal wait a bit THEN buy tons of clothes.

I can't even think about what I've spent since I was banded just in clothes. A bloody fortune.

Ohhhh, there is more.

Once you hit goal (at least in my case) you'll keep shrinking even if the scale isn't moving. I've lost almost two sizes and 4 pounds. Things also shift and move. You really can't bank on staying at your size until you have been at goal for a bit.

I can't even think about what I've spent since I was banded just in clothes. A bloody fortune.

HA! But bring it on.

I am also thinking of a Tummy Tuck, so there's another reason to wait.

Too late now, but if I have to replace the now 6 pairs of pants that I currently own, so be it.

The banded life is great.

Ohhhh, there is more.

Yup. It's because a size consists of far fewer pounds the smaller you are. (5lbs = almost 3 dress sizes for me now)

Wow, this is exciting. I FINALLY found a pair of jeans that fit. It amazes me that 70+ pounds has only been about 3-4 sizes down. I did look for the "not your daughter's jeans" mentioned on another thread, but found the Calson brand at Nordstrom instead. They seem to run big and very in style and stretchy. I bought a 20 petite and an 18 regular and they both fit. This is after going back 2x because I bought them way to big at first. I'm trying not to spend so much now, but it's always hard to believe you'll really lose more, you know? I am just so happy I have 2 nice pairs of jeans that fit (and are comfortable), and I have gotten so many compliments since buying a few new clothes. I will stop spending though b/c it sounds like the sizes really go down much quicker as you get smaller.

Since I just lost 70 pounds four years ago, I have a closet full of size from 10 to 18, which is what I currently wear. The only items I'll need on the way down are bras and panties. Some of those things I only got to wear once or twice so I'm excited about fitting into them again!

Its killing me not buying anything new. I hate to look frumpy or unkempt. Ive always been really well dressed so now that Im walking around looking like my clothes swallowed me I feel super self-conscious. Its hard walking around the city not looking my best.

BUT...Im ecstatic that I am losing because Ill look much better in an 18, 16, 14, and 10 than I ever did when I was a 24! Hurray for melting!

I get to shop my own closet for the next 20 lbs or so. I'm going to get most of my slacks altered down a size or two to help control costs (also they're great slacks!) What kills me is I need suits for business trips - and they need to fit!

ebay is a great source if you know how things fit (get a tape measure) and can be good for some basics. I also tend to sell my "big" clothes on ebay while i'm losing.

I'm planning my own personal "what not to wear" type shopping trip to NYC when I hit goal (for a while - good advice from WASA which I hadn't realized).

Talking about clothes, I had a fat day today. I guess I was just bloated for some reason today. I had a christmas party at work and everthing I put on made me feel so fat. It was all clothes that I have worn in the past 2 weeks but for some reason I just felt so fat today. I must have changed shirts 10 times. What makes us feel that way????

Check out Lands End right now. The clearance section. There are lots of business suits, jackets, everything with some really good prices. It takes time, there are about 800 (literally) sale items but if you take the time you can find good stuff. Cashmere sweaters, everything. Some of the stuff is downright fugly but much of it is quite attractive.