Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 minutes ago, Lolavolcan said:

My surgery date is scheduled for June 21st. My doctor requires a 4 week, all liquid diet before surgery. I started today but am worried I’m gonna fail.

Best of luck with it. Others have done it before you so it is achievable.

what does an all liquid diet require?

Just dont give up, I know it's challenging . I'm starting a week early because I wanna have a good memorial day and finish my last 2 weeks

Hi Lolavolcan. I started my liquid diet last Thursday. Its not too bad but there are the odd moments when it can feel quite challenging. My liquid diet is only for 2 weeks - I can see how 4 weeks can seem like a huge mountain to climb. Staying focused can be hard. I try to stay focused by listening to music I like to dance or which motivates me. I look at the clothes i will be able to wear and also like to list the things that I aim to do. I have started swimming now which gives a boost to the mood and I try to busy myself. Take one day at a time honey - that also helps because one day feels more manageable. Its 4 weeks out if the rest of your life - you are on your way to a really fabulous chapter. Come on girl - you can do it Lola 😊

On 04/17/2023 at 00:09, Mira88 said:

Congratulations…… I’m going to Mercy Hospital in Long Island

Hi! I am new to this site. I'm having surgery at the same hospital!!! June 15th good luck:) and we should keep in touch

I'm having the gastric sleeve june 15th!! Starting the liquid preop diet june 1st.

June 22- sleeve

Las Vegas bariactics

Is there a count down calendar on this app?

On 05/21/2023 at 12:44, Lolavolcan said:

My surgery date is scheduled for June 21st. My doctor requires a 4 week, all liquid diet before surgery. I started today but am worried I’m gonna fail.

You will do fine!! Key is to be prepared have all your non sugar drinks, popsicles, broths & shakes available for easy access.

On 5/21/2023 at 12:44 PM, Lolavolcan said:

I am doing the liquid diet right now. It is very very difficult. I never heard before of 4 weeks liquid diet. It is really worrisome to me when all nutritionists, doctors and all hospitals differ in their opinions and their requirements. Some do not require any diet but for the couple of days prior to surgery, some allow 1 meal per day, others want all liquid, some ask for one week liquid others for 4 weeks. I understand that these decisions are based on BMI, etc, but why such high variation in requirements? To top this, my nutritionist placed me on all liquids diet two weeks ago and today when I met with my my surgeon he said I can have a small piece of chicken per day and I can replace the orange juice with 2 small bananas. I am really confused so I will continue the total liquid diet. I make it through this thinking that if I fail I will let them know, I will talk to my nutritionist. I also hope that I do not fail in the week prior to the surgery because they need to have a clear view. After all we are all humans, nobody is perfect and I am also sure I will not be the only patient in the world that had a mishap! I am angry, hungry and hopeful for the best! 😀 This is all I can do! Oh, by the way, warm chicken clear broth has been a life savior for me the couple of times when I was ready to fail! I bought these on Amazon, they are called Herb Ox sodium free granulated (chicken and beef) bullion. I add my own salt. They are yummy and a bowl of that will stop your craving and hunger. Sigh…Surgery cannot come fast enough! 😀

43 minutes ago, MarisAthena said:

I am doing the liquid diet right now. It is very very difficult. I never heard before of 4 weeks liquid diet. It is really worrisome to me when all nutritionists, doctors and all hospitals differ in their opinions and their requirements. Some do not require any diet but for the couple of days prior to surgery, some allow 1 meal per day, others want all liquid, some ask for one week liquid others for 4 weeks. I understand that these decisions are based on BMI, etc, but why such high variation in requirements? To top this, my nutritionist placed me on all liquids diet two weeks ago and today when I met with my my surgeon he said I can have a small piece of chicken per day and I can replace the orange juice with 2 small bananas. I am really confused so I will continue the total liquid diet. I make it through this thinking that if I fail I will let them know, I will talk to my nutritionist. I also hope that I do not fail in the week prior to the surgery because they need to have a clear view. After all we are all humans, nobody is perfect and I am also sure I will not be the only patient in the world that had a mishap! I am angry, hungry and hopeful for the best! 😀 This is all I can do! Oh, by the way, warm chicken clear broth has been a life savior for me the couple of times when I was ready to fail! I bought these on Amazon, they are called Herb Ox sodium free granulated (chicken and beef) bullion. I add my own salt. They are yummy and a bowl of that will stop your craving and hunger. Sigh…Surgery cannot come fast enough! 😀

It’s definitely crazy to see the variations. I’m getting ready for Day 4 and I’ve been pretty good. I do miss chewing food but I haven’t been very hungry and if I get hungry, I will drink more Water or I’ll chew ice. So far the Isopure Strawberries and Cream Protein has been my absolute favorite shake and is helping a ton.