Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 5/17/2023 at 7:31 AM, tiffanytiffanyb_b said:

Hello my name is Tiffany. I am new here. I finally got my surgery date. June 12th. I am so excited and nervous at the same time.

Hi Tiffany !

I'm new here too. I'm Bri.

We have the same surgery date ! :D

Thank you soooo much I think I'm going to try it my free week which is next week just to see how I do and if it work for me then I'm going to complete my final weeks with it

No problem Carla. The plan advises if you experience cramps, bloating and loose stool, move on to the soy milk or lactose free. I experienced that later today and i have moved to soy. I can generally tolerate milk but perhaps not in that quantity. I'm drinking the sugar free soy - not as nice as milk but ok I think; I can tolerate it. I might also try the lactose free. I'm trying to use this opportunity to re-set my taste buds. I don't have a headache and am feeling ok. Almost at the end of day 2 😊

That's great, I must do the lactose because regular milk will hurt my stomach can't wait to start fresh Monday on my 3 week count down

16 hours ago, CatLady0626 said:

Hi Mona! I’m having bypass on June 2 :)

My surgery is scheduled for June 5th. I started the liquid diet yesterday, today was the second day, and it has been difficult. The hospital is asking for two weeks liquid diet and I started earlier because I want to make sure that by next week when I meet with the team I can ask all questions regarding my blood sugar levels through this diet. I have diabetes and my glucose levels are going all over the place, some high numbers that I did not see before (197 first thing this morning). I think it has to do with the orange juice and Liquid IV drinks that both have huge amount of sugar. I am meeting with the preop team in 3 days and I will ask if indeed it is ok to have diabetics drink those high sugar drinks. I managed to bring the glucose levels lower by drinking broth. The document I received from them asked not to contact the doctor unless the glucose is lower than 70 or higher than 270 so I assume this variation is acceptable in their view. Certainly not ok from my point of view but I am looking forward to get the surgery and reverse the diabetes.

Hello don't be alarmed my sister at the age of 68 had the by-pass this past Feb and she's doing great and I'll be 64 on the 7th of June and mines will be on the 13th of June. Hopefully that gives you a better feeling

Lizrios! It's never too late to reclaim your life - you have a whole load of years left in front of you and this is your time now! Lets all grab at the life we imagined! I'm 51 and have decided I'm just going to go for it. My physiologist advised me to try and do some exercise each day leading up to my surgery to aid respiration while under anaesthetic. Its not a must at all however - just a suggestion if I might like to. I am a swimmer but have not been since I gained so much weight. I am apprehensive about that because I feel embarrassed. I've decided I'm going anyway today - I cant allow what others think of me to come between me and my dreams. To hell with what anyone thinks; ill just take a deep breath and go! Also, go Carla! What a lovely birthday present ☺️

Hi

So my own surgery date has been confirmed as Sunday 18 June with a 2 day stay in hospital. I am having the sleeve done. I have a 10 day high Protein, high veg diet to complete from 7 June to 17 and then fasting from 9pm the night before.

Have not said it to people that I am doing this bar 2.

Anyone any advice about the time off? I am self employed and don't want to take a huge amount of time off. I have kept a few days free but want to keep myself open to working as well.

Not nervous about getting the surgery done. Honestly, that wouldn't bother me but a little nervous about going home from the surgery. Should I just expect to lie on the settee for a few days and watch bad movies? The team were not helpful in this regard. They just keep telling me everyone is different and it is hard to know.

After the surgery I have a 7 day liquid diet to do followed by a one week of mashed foods like potato or scrambled eggs. Then back to regular food but small portions. I have Multi Vitamins for 2 years.

Nice to find this resource.

Thank you for your positivity. That's why I went on ahead and decided to go ahead and do it, I didn't care what anyone thought I didn't tell anyone because I didn't want no one to try to talk me out of it, I want to be healthy, I have a lot of Life to Live and I want to enjoy every bit of it without taking high blood pressure medicines and worrying about is my cholesterol high or wondering if I'm pre-diabetic I can't wait, I walk every day with my grandkids too and from school so I am excited about getting ready for my new Journey.

My surgery is happening on June 21! Congrats everyone!!