Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good Crockpot recipes?

White bean Chili

1 large jar of northern white Beans

2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts

1 small can of green chilies

1 can of chicken broth

cumin

chili seasoning

I put the frozen chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock pot the put everything else on top and cook for 8-10 hours. Stir and cut up the chicken and serve.

It is so good and the chicken is moist and tender.

pulled pork

put pork loin in the crock pot and cover it with a full bottle of your favorite BBQ Sauce. Let cook on low 6-8 hours. Shreds easily and tastes terrific. --can't get much easier than 2 ingredients!!!

another thing I like to make ---although it is not super healthy is---

take frozen chx breast and line the bottom of the CP with them...usually about 3 or 4...mix one can of campbells cream of chx Soup (heart healthy variety tastes great) and 1 cup of white wine and pour over the chx. Allow to cook on low for 6 hours...then, pour a bag of frozen broccoli on top and cover it with 1 cup of shredded fat free chedder cheese...Then...my favorite part, cover everything with a bag of stovetop stuffing... let cook fora bout another hour.

It is delicious!!!!

Enjoy!

BBQ Pork Steaks

Put port steaks, potatoes in crock pot.

2 cans of Manwich sloppy joe sauce.

cook it until meat falls apart.

Briskett

1 5/6 lb briskett, lay it on the bottom of crock pot. Salt / Peper / Worschstire Sauce, then place strips of bacon (I like pepercorn) covering the entire briskett. Add 1 1/2 bottles of Dickeys BBQ Sauce (or other pref), 1/2 cup of Merlot, 1/4 cup Alegra Marinade & a couple shakes of liquid smoke. Cook 7+hrs till it falls apart.

I have a recipe for a creamy cheesy Soup. It is super easy and delioucious, but it is not healthy. I haven't posted it here b/c of this. If you want it, let me know and I will.

This is so easy, I feel like I'm cheating when I make it.

Wrap a half a pack of bacon in papertowels making sure they lay flat and don't overlap and put on a plate. Microwave until crisp. (You can cook them on the stove, but I usually do this super quick in the morning before work so I have something when I get home. I find the microwave way easier as far as clean up is concerned).

While that is in the microwave, in a crock pot, add one can of cheddar cheese Soup, one can of potatoes (you can use diced or the little round ones), and one can of cream of chicken Soup. Use one of the empty cans as a "measuring cup" of sorts. Add a "can" of heavy whipping cream and two "cans" of milk. Add a bag of seasoning blend, you know, the frozen onion and bell pepper blend. Just put it in there frozen. If you have any on hand, add parsley flakes for color; chopped pimentos make it pretty, too. Crumble cooked bacon in soup mixture and give it a good stir with a spoon. Put your crock pot on low and it'll be ready when you come home from work. For company, you can serve it with grated cheddar cheese, green onions, and/or sour cream on top.

Also, try substituting the potatos and bacon with crab and frozen spinach or mushrooms and ham or left over turkey and macaroni. It'll be yummy... promise.

mixed bean Soup with polish saugage and meatballs.

1 bag dry mixed Beans

1 pkg. polish saugage ( lite turkey )

1/2 pkg. frozen plain meat balls

2 boxes of chicken broth

1 large can of chopped tomatoes

slice polish saugage put in pan with meat balls and brown.

put every thing all together in crock pot. No seasoning needed.

very good for protien.

This is one of my favourites - its in the crockpot as we speak. I will have to put it through the food processor for mushie stage though.

Australian tablespoon is 20mls - an american tablespoon is a little smaller (15mls), so make them heaped tablespoons to adjust.

1 tablespoon olive oil

1.5 kgs of gravy beef (cubed) (3.3 pounds for non metric folks)

2 sliced onions

3 cloves crushed garlic

2 tablespoons Moroccan seasoning

2 teaspoons cinnamon

1 cup beef stock

1 cup pureed tomatoes

3/4 cup dates - halved and seeded

2 tablespoons honey

1/2 cup chopped parsley (can leave this out for mushie stage)

2 tablespoons flaked almonds (can leave this out for mushie stage)

Heat oil and brown beef in portions (drain on kitchen paper)

cook onions until golden, and add garlic, moroccan seasoning, cinnamon, beef stock and pureed tomatoes.

Cook for 2 hours on low.

Add honey and dates.

Cook for another hour on low.

before serving sprinkle with parsley and almonds.

Ingredients:

1 3/4 cups Swanson® chicken broth (regular, Natural Goodness™ or Certified Organic)

1 tsp. garlic powder

2 cans (about 14 1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with Italian herbs

12 oz. mushrooms, cut in half (about 4 cups)

2 large onions, chopped (about 2 cups)

3 lb. chicken parts, skin removed

Hot cooked spaghetti

Directions:

Mix the broth, garlic powder, tomatoes, mushrooms and onions in a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker. Add the chicken and turn to coat.

Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours* or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve with the spaghetti.

*Or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.

For thicker sauce, mix 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of Water in a small bowl. Remove the chicken from the cooker. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the cooker. Turn the heat to HIGH. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens.

Serves 6.

Keep this healthy by substituting something else for the spaghetti... spaghetti squash, french style green Beans, etc.

I use this recipe for my crockpot and it is similiar to others:

Stew meat

1 package of Lipton's Onion dry Soup

1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup

1 can beef stock

fill with Water until meat is covered

You can just dump in your meat frozen or not - I just dump in frozen raw stew meat and in about 4-5 hours it is wonderful! Be sure to stir your Soups with a wisk to get the mushroom soup incorporated - before you dump in your meat.

Barbara

:unsure:

I made some delicious fall off the bone porkchops in the crockpot not too long ago. It says to fry them first to brown, but after being in the crockpot all day it ended up being a waste, so I would skip this part.

Put it in the bottom of the crockpot, cover with sliced onions, and then mix a can of cream of mushroom Soup with 1c of milk or Water, pour it over the top.

Cook on low for 8 hours. I had bone in, and they literally fell off the bone so had to spend a while fishing out bones, would probably be better with the boneless version.

This sounds great!

I just threw the Diet Coke chicken in the CP and let me tell you it smells AMAZING!!!

You must try this!

:party:Rainer,

Thanks for sharing your pictures. You are doing great!! Congrats

Edited by knightfl