Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good Crockpot recipes?

BEST roast recipe:

1. Put veggies on bottom. I use potatoes, carrots, onions, mushrooms.

2. Put roast on top. I brown mine first but you don't have to.

3. Mix together 1 packet of dry brown gravy mix, 1 packet of dry italian dressing mix, and 1/2 packet of dry ranch dressing mix (you can use more of the ranch dressing mix but it can make it too salty if you aren't careful)

4. Rub the dry mixture on the roast

5. Pour 1/2 cup Water around (not on top of) roast

6. Cook on low about 8 hours or so, but a little longer is okay too.

chicken Stroganoff

1 3lb bag of frozen skinless chicken breasts (trow in frozen)

pouch of lipton onion Soup mix

1 can lowfat cream of mushroom soup

1 container of reduced fat (not fat free) Sour cream

I usually cook all day while at work about 8 hours, chicken just falls apart. I serve it to my family over egg noodles or rice and they love it.

Mexican Chicken

1 pouch of low sodium taco seasoning

1 cup ( I use altille more) salsa

cook for about 8 hours and just before serving stir in

My kids love this over rice!

Mexican chicken

1 pouch of low sodium taco seasoning

1 cup ( I use altille more) salsa

cook for about 8 hours and just before serving stir in

My kids love this over rice!

i plan on making this tomorrow - thanks for the post!!

i plan on making this tomorrow - thanks for the post!!

I think I might try this one next week. I am going to have to cut the recipe WAY down though.

Thanks

I think I might try this one next week. I am going to have to cut the recipe WAY down though.

Thanks

same here since it's just DH and i.

i have a pckg of chicken breasts & will replace w/rotelle. i think the salsa along with the taco seasoning might be a bit much....plan on playing around with it ; but great idea!

I LOVE making stuff in my crock pot. :thumbdown:

I made 3 envelope chicken recently...

boneless, skinless chicken (I used white and dark meat), about 1 - 1.5 pounds

1 packet of dry ranch dressing (powder)

1 packet dry chicken gravy (powder)

1 packet either dry italian dressing or alfredo sauce (powder)

1 cup Water

Put everything in the crock pot, cook on high 4-5 hours or low 6-8 hours. I also added potatoes to mine (the little round ones) and closer to the end, I added frozen broccoli.

Yummy! I can only handle broccoli when it's mushier now...so I put it in the microwave first, then added it about 45 minutes before you're ready to eat.

People usually serve this with Pasta instead of the potatoes, but I made this only a couple days after a fill...and didn't want to chance something getting stuck. :blink:

chicken TORTILLA Soup

2 lg cans of chicken broth

2-3 diced chicken breasts

1-2 cans of diced tomatoes w/ green chilis

1 cup finely chopped carrots

1 cup finely chopped celery

1/4 cup finely chopped onion

Add all ingredients to the CP and stir. Cook 4-6 hours. Serve garnished with fresh diced tomatoes, cilantro, and crumbled tortilla chips. ENJOY!

I tried this last night, except I used pork loin instead of the chicken breast because that is what I had already thawed. IT WAS AWESOME and I hate diet coke. This one is a MUST try! So easy and so good!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you. This one is going on my regular menu and I plan to try it with chicken too. I even think it would be good with beef.

You folks posted some yummy-sounding recipes. I'll definitely try some out. I just got a crock pot ($3.99 at the thrift store!) and I've been looking for some recipes. I found some great ones on allrecipes.com. (I swear this is not a commercial! :wub:) It's free and you can just search for recipes without being a member. I found some great dishes that I made before surgery. I'll still make them for the family.

i have used allrecipes dot com and they are free and great.

Not one of you have mentioned that there are plastic bags to line the crock pots and when the family is feed..store the leftovers and dump the liner...love it. :thumbup:

take frozen chx breast and line the bottom of the CP with them...usually about 3 or 4...mix one can of campbells cream of chx Soup (heart healthy variety tastes great) and 1 cup of white wine and pour over the chx. Allow to cook on low for 6 hours...then, pour a bag of frozen broccoli on top and cover it with 1 cup of shredded fat free chedder cheese...Then...my favorite part, cover everything with a bag of stovetop stuffing... let cook fora bout another hour.

It is delicious!!!!

I usually bake this in the oven. Its really good. I will have to try it this way lol.

I have seen pork butt cooked on cooking shows & it always looks soooo yummmmy. So, I saw one in the grocery store the other day & grabbed it.

-pork butt 5-8 lbs

-rub w/ brown sugar, garlic powder, pepper, few splashes soysauce.

-BBQ sauce (Sweet Baby Rays Honey BBQ Sauce I like) in bottom of crockpot.

-put pork in POT add more bbq & coat pork.

i only put sauce about 1/2 way up pork did not have to cover.

COOK LOW 10-12 hrs.

I am cooking as we speak & it spells & looks mouth watering good!!!

I'll have 4-5oz myself. my family will have pulled pork sandwiches w/ the extra bbq sauce. I may have bread too. the meat is just falling apart & so tender.

Edited by heidib

I found a great recipe for BBQ pulled pork that makes it's own BBQ w/out using a bottled sauce.. I also use this recipe to make BBQ pulled chicken. I used the same weight of meat in chicken thighs and it turned out PERFECT.. of course, this recipe is for sandwiches, but I just eat it by itself... When using the pork shoulder ( boston Butt), I cooked it on low for 8 hrs and rotated the roast every 2 hrs so that each side had 2 hrs cooking in the sauce... I also couldn't find a boneless one, they were out, so I used one that had the bone in.. but the bone was not that big...

• Prep: 15 mins
  • Cook: 8 hr., 10 mins
  • Ready in: 8 hr., 25 mins

• Serves:Update

Ingredients

• 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
  • 3 1/2- to 4-pound boneless pork shoulder roast, netted or tied
  • 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed French Onion Soup
  • 1 cup ketchup
  • 1/4 cup cider vinegar
  • 3 tbsp. packed brown sugar
  • 12 round sandwich rolls or hamburger rolls, split

Cooking Instructions

Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until it’s well browned on all sides.

Stir the Soup, ketchup, vinegar and brown sugar in a 5-quart slow cooker. Add the pork and turn to coat.

Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours* or until the pork is fork-tender.

Remove the pork from the cooker to a cutting board and let stand for 10 minutes. Using 2 forks, shred the pork. Return the pork to the cooker.

Divide the pork and sauce mixture among the rolls.

*Or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.

Okay! I'm late to this thread but I LOVE my crock pot!! And I love soup! So I make a great Soup that i've NEVER had problems eating with my band! (And I have a lot of restriction!)

It's off the back of the Green Chili enchilada sauce and I've tried adapting it but have never liked it any better than as it was written!! So I stick with the original! It's spicy and yummy. I did edit it to cook in the crock pot so I'll make notes where I've changed it!

Product: HATCH Green Chile Enchilada Sauce

Recipe: Crock Pot Tortilla Soup with HATCH Green Chile Enchilada Sauce

Prep time: 30 minutes (including cooking chicken) About 10 minutes the way I do it!!

1 1/2 pounds cooked shredded chicken (I use frozen uncooked and just throw it in the crock pot!) At the end of the cook time I remove all the chicken and shred it with a fork, then return it to the soup!

1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes

1 14 oz. can HATCH Green Chile Enchilada Sauce

2 4 oz. cans HATCH Diced Green Chiles

1 15 oz. can pinto Beans, drained

1 medium onion, chopped

2 tbsp minced garlic

2 cups Water

1 15 oz. can chicken broth

2 tsp each: cumin, chili powder, salt, black pepper (or to taste)

1 15 oz. can corn, drained

2 tbsp cilantro, chopped

In crock pot, combine all ingredients except cilantro and garnish. Cover and cook for 10 to 12 hours on low (original recipe called for a 6 to 8 hour cook time since the chicken was already cooked). Cheddar and/or Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream and avocado for garnish.

To serve: Spoon into deep bowls and garnish with cheese, sour cream and avocado as desired. Tortillas or chips may be served on the side.

This is the YUMMIEST soup I've ever had ANYWHERE!