Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good Crockpot recipes?

~chicken Fijitas crockpot~

Just made this last night YUMMMMM!!!

3 small chick breast I put them in frozen

green pepper, red pepper, 1 sweet onion

fijita seasoning

1/2 cup chicken broth

cook LOW about 6 hrs till falls apart

We had w/ spanish rice & all fijita fixins

YUMMMM!

My little crock pot is not tiny but it is definitly smaller then all the others I have lol Probably good for a family of 2 or 3 So I just portion things out that way lol

I believe I got mine at Walmart for 10 dollars one year. I absolutly love it. With recipies using chicken breasts I use pre cut chicken strips or tenders. They just work better for me and my small pot.

Good luck and feel free to e-mail me if you have a question about how to cut a recipie down...I am getting quite good at it lol

Num num crockpot foods.

I make a lot of crockpot foods, I can't eat them all, but I can eat something in it.

For example pot roast..

Put a raw roast in, a packet of lipton dry onion Soup, sliced potatos, sliced onions (and some people put celery & carrots, but I detest those things in food) Cover it all in Water. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. It's very tender meat, and softens everything. I still have a hard time eating the meat, so I mix the au juice with mashed potatos and make a soup sort of mixture out of it.

My favorite crockpot recipe.. Shortribs. Put raw shortribs in it, make a BBQ Sauce (or use the recipe above really).. but I like the bbq.. tablespoon of mustard, tablespoon worstershire sauce (none of these are exact measures), teaspoon of minced garlic, teaspoon of brown sugar, 1/2tablespoon of vinegar (I use balsamic).. put it on the ribs, then I Water it down with enough water to make it cover the short ribs in the pot. As it cooks down, it thickens up and the ribs are so soft and tender they literally fall off the bone and you can't put a fork in them and pick them up to save your life lol.

There's good crockpot recipes out there.. google 'crockpot recipes'.

A lot of chicken, which I know is healthier than beef, but I'm not a fan of the chicken. Can make a crockpot chicken stew, pot pie, etc.

Love the Ribs!

My daughter's favorite..

1 Teryaki flavored pork loin

1 can low sodium chicken broth

1 package of Lipton Onion Soup mix

Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Easy, tender and yummy.

Mexican chicken (I use it over rice or in quesadillas, burritos, on salads,etc.(

1 can Rotel

1 TBL Cumin

2 tsp. garlic powder

1 TBL chili powder

1 tsp. paprika

1 tsp. black pepper

1 tsp. salt

4 chicken breasts (I use boneless, skinless, frozen)

Put Rotel in bottom of crock pot. Add chicken and sprinkle spices over all. Cook 4-6 hours.

For anyone who has Facebook, there is a great great group called the crockpot recipe exchange. I have been following this group for weeks now, and have gotten many many great recipes! Since then I have been crockpot cooking almost every day. Here is a good recipe that is really simple and tastes good too!

Creamy Potatoes and Kielbasa

1 28 oz bag Potatoes O'Brien (or plain frozen hashbrowns)

1 lb kielbasa cut in 1/4" slices

1 can cream of mushroom Soup

1 c shredded cheese

1 cup chopped onion

1/2 c Water

seasonings to taste

Combine all in crockpot and cook on low 6-8 hours. (this is what the recipe says, but i cooked it for 5 and it had more of a thick potato Soup soup like quality)

This is really mushy and I think could be blended up for people in the mushies stage, if the outer skin of the kielbasa is trimmed off, or totally ommitted)

I have a ton more recipes that I can post if anyone wants them! Coconut curry chicken is one of my favorites, as well as Thai Peanut pork!

Southwestern chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

16 oz jar of salsa, hot medium or mild (your preference)

1 can of black Beans, rinsed

1 cup of frozen corn

Dump all in crockpot and cook on high for 8-10 hours. shredd the chicken in the pot and enjoy.

You can top with a little FF sour cream. Delish.

Family can have it on rice.

these are great recipes. To bad I'm only 6 days post op and won't be able to make anything for a while

:frown:

To Susie1662 would you please post more of your fantastic recipes. Everyone great recipes I may even start cooking now lol :thumbdown:

Yes let's keep this going. Great ideas

6 raw chicken breasts cut into chunks

16 oz frozen broccoli floweretts

8 oz raw baby carrots

Toss the above together and put in crockpot

Blend:

2 cups fat free sour cream

16 oz low fat/low sodium chicken broth

1/2 tsp ground mustard

1 tsp cumin

1 tsp curry powder

Pour over chicken/vegies. Cook on medium heat for 5 hours

mmhhhh sounds yummy. Thanks :)

This is the EASIEST recipe for chili EVER, make sure you make this in a 5 or 6 qt crock pot, it makes a LOT, or you can halve it, and it would fit in a 3.5 qt crock pot.

Crock Pot Chili

2 cans red kidney Beans undrained

2 cans chili Beans undrained (use your own heat preference)

2 cans diced tomatoes, stewed tomatoes or Tomato sauce (again, your preference)

2-3 lbs ground beef or ground turkey, browned and drained

1 or 2 LG chopped onions (added to recipe uncooked)

1 envelope of your favorite chili seasoning mix (I like McCormick)

Dump all ingredients in crock pot, cook on low 8 hours (It's ready to eat after a couple of hours, but the longer it simmers, the more tender the meat, and the better the flavors meld together)

Serve with your favorite chili fixin's!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! I tried your recipe tonight and OMG it was amazing!!!!!! my boyfriend and my brother (who is very picky) loved it!!!!! I added some serrano peppers for some spice, but did everything else your way and my o my! Can't wait to eat it for lunch tomorrow! Thanks again for the great recipe!!! :)

These recipes all sound good! I'm eating lower carb, and made this last night for my family (even my toddlers liked it -- although they ate it with pasta):

chicken Breasts in Italian Cream Sauce

Serving Size : 4

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

4 boneless, skinless lean chicken breasts

1 package dry Italian salad dressing mix

1/4 cup sherry (a little more if desired)

1/2 cup Water

8 ounces cream cheese (I used reduced-fat)

1/4 cup chopped green onion

Salt/Pepper to taste

Place chicken breasts in crock pot and sprinkle Iitalian Salad Dressing mix on top, add 1/4 cup sherry and 1/2 cup Water. Cook on low approximately 3-4 hours if thawed and 6-8 hours if frozen. Remove chicken breasts and set aside; leave cooking juices in crock pot.

Cut cream cheese into chunks and add to crock pot; heat until cheese has melted (at this point, you can add more sherry if you would like and sprinkle green onion -- salt/pepper, if you would like). Stir with wire whisk to incorporate cream cheese if your in a hurry. Return chicken breasts to crock pot until heated through. Can be served over steamed vegetables (broccoli, squash, etc.) or with Pasta (a good Pasta substitute if you have a craving is spaghetti squash).

Num num crockpot foods.

I make a lot of crockpot foods, I can't eat them all, but I can eat something in it.

For example pot roast..

Put a raw roast in, a packet of lipton dry onion Soup, sliced potatos, sliced onions (and some people put celery & carrots, but I detest those things in food) Cover it all in Water. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. It's very tender meat, and softens everything. I still have a hard time eating the meat, so I mix the au juice with mashed potatos and make a soup sort of mixture out of it.

My favorite crockpot recipe.. Shortribs. Put raw shortribs in it, make a BBQ Sauce (or use the recipe above really).. but I like the bbq.. tablespoon of mustard, tablespoon worstershire sauce (none of these are exact measures), teaspoon of minced garlic, teaspoon of brown sugar, 1/2tablespoon of vinegar (I use balsamic).. put it on the ribs, then I Water it down with enough water to make it cover the short ribs in the pot. As it cooks down, it thickens up and the ribs are so soft and tender they literally fall off the bone and you can't put a fork in them and pick them up to save your life lol.

There's good crockpot recipes out there.. google 'crockpot recipes'.

A lot of chicken, which I know is healthier than beef, but I'm not a fan of the chicken. Can make a crockpot chicken stew, pot pie, etc.

nice recipes, cute baby!!!:)