Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2023 surgery dates!

15 minutes ago, Tiana2570 said:

I am 3 days post op driving myself crazy trying to understand and make sure I meet these goals! My biggest issue is trying to get these pills down. I have lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and fibromyalgia. Along with other chronic illnesses. By the time I get down all these pills I can’t stomach any more Water or Protein. I take 9 pills in the morning (a few I have to open) and 6 pills at night. Any advice I’d truly appreciate it.

Can you crush your pills? Maybe crush them and take them with some Protein pudding to help with your protein intake. Another way I have made my goals is I have been doing the protein waters, kinda killing 2 birds with 1 stone. I also made myself Jello with collagen protein in it so my 4oz jello has 10 g of protein. I know it can be hard especially with all the rules of eating and drinking after surgery, one of the things they told me to do was set a reminder for when to eat or drink and the man focus is to stay hydrated at this stage of the game. If you can get at least 1 Protein Shake in a day I would consider it a win.

26 minutes ago, janelleyp said:

I went in to get the final clearance for my sleeve on 2/22 and was told I need to get an echo cardio gram. Has this happened to anyone else? Doc says I have a slight heart murmur

I was told that I needed one just to clear me for surgery. Mine didn't say anything about a murmur, but I had to do one. I think for some doctors it's routine for the anesthesiologist.

2 hours ago, Semalnar said:

So today has been. A struggle for me. Part of it could be my incisions pain because the way the ab muscles were stitched it pulls when I'm moving or upright. Some of it could be cooking for my family while I get to enjoy Jello, broth and yogurt. But today I have been on a roller coster emotionally.

Today, I took my son to get a grilled cheese and fries. There was an urge to have a fry! But I still have not felt hungry and just following the post-op nutrition chart. I will say, I am completely over Jello.

Doctor visit next Tuesday, hoping to get cleared for pureed foods.

1 hour ago, Rdy4Change said:

Today, I took my son to get a grilled cheese and fries. There was an urge to have a fry! But I still have not felt hungry and just following the post-op nutrition chart. I will say, I am completely over Jello.

Doctor visit next Tuesday, hoping to get cleared for pureed foods.

Monday I can technically start my pureed diet but so far it's just smelling all these foods that I know I cook well and are delicious but can't eat them. Plus, I've been having a pain issue with my one incision, the stitches are kinda tight and when I'm up and active they pull because I'm not laying down like when I was stiched. Haven't necessarily wanted a lot of the food because I'm usually not hungry but damn does it smell good 😅

Hello Everyone! I am scheduled for a gastric sleeve on February 27. Good luck to everyone.

6 hours ago, jeanrosecrans said:

I’m scheduled on the 21st. Bypass

Good luck!

Feb 23 for me!

Hello, my surgery is scheduled for February 28th. I feel very unprepared as I didn't have the 6-month waiting period, nutritionist visits and such that others had. I'm also very nervous about the surgery itself and the recovery. If anybody has a date in your mind I would love to be bariatric buddies and encourage each other, compare notes after surgery and build a friendship with. Hope to hear from you soon

Tanya

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using BariatricPal mobile app

Surgery Feb 10 (sleeve). First 48 hours just plain sucked! Lots of gas pain and I was walking immediately when I got back to the recovery room after surgery. I remember the gas pain from both my C-sections so I wanted that pain gone. 8 days post op and last night was the best sleep so far. I am so over Jell-O and yogurt and Protein shakes! Yesterday it felt like something was stuck in my throat and all I have been on is liquids but when I talk to the doctor, they said it was just my esophagus stretching out. I have a follow my doctor on Tuesday. I am so hungry like every day. I just feel like I’m starving and hungry. I get all my Water in and protein but I am literally starving all making dinner for the rest of my family. I literally wanted to cry last night because of hunger. I can’t wait for the puréed stage.

1 hour ago, RoxyChick said:

Surgery Feb 10 (sleeve). First 48 hours just plain sucked! Lots of gas pain and I was walking immediately when I got back to the recovery room after surgery. I remember the gas pain from both my C-sections so I wanted that pain gone. 8 days post op and last night was the best sleep so far. I am so over Jell-O and yogurt and Protein shakes! Yesterday it felt like something was stuck in my throat and all I have been on is liquids but when I talk to the doctor, they said it was just my esophagus stretching out. I have a follow my doctor on Tuesday. I am so hungry like every day. I just feel like I’m starving and hungry. I get all my Water in and Protein but I am literally starving all making dinner for the rest of my family. I literally wanted to cry last night because of hunger. I can’t wait for the puréed stage.

I'm so sorry to hear how hard it's been for you. I just keep in mind that a month of liquid/pureed food is a short time in the big picture. You'll have better health and be able to eat real food soon!

My follow up is on Tuesday also, and I'm hoping to move on to pureed. Didn't enjoy Jello before, and can't stand it now! Baby food here we come 🥳

3 hours ago, RoxyChick said:

Surgery Feb 10 (sleeve). First 48 hours just plain sucked! Lots of gas pain and I was walking immediately when I got back to the recovery room after surgery. I remember the gas pain from both my C-sections so I wanted that pain gone. 8 days post op and last night was the best sleep so far. I am so over Jell-O and yogurt and Protein shakes! Yesterday it felt like something was stuck in my throat and all I have been on is liquids but when I talk to the doctor, they said it was just my esophagus stretching out. I have a follow my doctor on Tuesday. I am so hungry like every day. I just feel like I’m starving and hungry. I get all my Water in and Protein but I am literally starving all making dinner for the rest of my family. I literally wanted to cry last night because of hunger. I can’t wait for the puréed stage.

I can relate, it kills me cooking for my family, smelling all that good food and all I get is Jello, yogurt, Protein Shake, or Bone Broth. My surgery was 2/6, I'm supposed to start pureed on Monday. Honestly though I don't mind the liquid diet, other then the food cravings but the diet itself has been bad. Good job getting all your Water and protein in. I wish you luck on your journey, it will get better.

16 hours ago, tanieanie70 said:

Hello, my surgery is scheduled for February 28th. I feel very unprepared as I didn't have the 6-month waiting period, nutritionist visits and such that others had. I'm also very nervous about the surgery itself and the recovery. If anybody has a date in your mind I would love to be bariatric buddies and encourage each other, compare notes after surgery and build a friendship with. Hope to hear from you soon

Tanya

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using BariatricPal mobile app

You have come to the right place for questions! It is normal to be nervous but just curious on why you didn't need any prelimiary visits with nutritionist, psych eval etc.?

My surgery date is 3/8/2023. Bypass here. Getting nervous but excited.
I'm the 10th. In Ireland. Would love to keep contact

Sent from my SM-A515F using BariatricPal mobile app