Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2023 surgery dates!

Recovery is going okay. No nausea or dizziness thankfully. Managed to get 33 ounces of Clear Liquids in yesterday. I am post Op day 5. Struggling with Protein only because after 2 ounces I am stuffed. My taste hasn't changed so far Everything I tried sits well. Also. I can drink any temperature. So hopeful

Sent from my LM-Q730 using BariatricPal mobile app

1 minute ago, CK77 said:

Recovery is going okay. No nausea or dizziness thankfully. Managed to get 33 ounces of Clear Liquids in yesterday. I am post Op day 5. Struggling with Protein only because after 2 ounces I am stuffed. My taste hasn't changed so far Everything I tried sits well. Also. I can drink any temperature. So hopeful

Sent from my LM-Q730 using BariatricPal mobile app

I don’t know that I’m really getting a full sensation yet, but possibly that’s due to pacing my liquids? I was discharged on full liquids so I’m just constantly sipping, break for a minute or two, repeat , right now.

I’ve had no trouble with getting liquids or Protein. Right now I’m aiming for Water all the time, 2 Protein Shakes, and a yogurt. Yesterday I also had a miso Soup. Negligent protein but was a nice change. I can have creamy Soups but I don’t really want any rn.

On 3/1/2023 at 10:00 PM, Clashley255 said:

My surgery date was 2/20. I’m trying to focus on Water and Protein. How’s everything going with you?

I'm having trouble getting enough Fluid and Protein in. I'm trying but I end up taking a nap during the day and it makes me lose out on those goals. And when I wake up it's hard to get everything in before the end of the night. I need to stay up, but I just get so sleepy. It was a problem before surgery too. But as a result of the lack of fluids, I think I may be getting a UTI or something.

I'm so sick of the Protein Shakes, I bought a tropical punch protein Water powder stuff by Isopure and its pretty bitter, but im going to try to add one of those flavor packets to it to enhance it.

Things go down good tho. The first few days it felt bubbly, but each day things got better. Nothing has made me sick yet. I think thats because I haven't tried new things lol.

pureed diet will be another story, hopefully nothing makes me sick.

Are you still on full liquids still or did you move to puree?

33 minutes ago, Erin18 said:

I'm having trouble getting enough Fluid and Protein in. I'm trying but I end up taking a nap during the day and it makes me lose out on those goals. And when I wake up it's hard to get everything in before the end of the night. I need to stay up, but I just get so sleepy. It was a problem before surgery too. But as a result of the lack of fluids, I think I may be getting a UTI or something.

I'm so sick of the Protein Shakes, I bought a tropical punch Protein Water powder stuff by Isopure and its pretty bitter, but im going to try to add one of those flavor packets to it to enhance it.

Things go down good tho. The first few days it felt bubbly, but each day things got better. Nothing has made me sick yet. I think thats because I haven't tried new things lol.

pureed diet will be another story, hopefully nothing makes me sick.

Are you still on full liquids still or did you move to puree?

I found that gatorade zero with protein, and the Premier Protein clear drinks are a nice change from the Protein Shakes. They aren't bitter, and when I serve them over ice and let the ice melt a bit it waters it down a little and it tastes like juice.

Mine was 2/28. I feel the same way except the excruciating gas pain! Walking definitely helps though.

Hi how everyone is doing? Mine was done 9th February, just starting my week 4. I had my first follow up, some of my meds were changed but so far they found I am recovering ok. How about you?

On 3/4/2023 at 7:56 AM, Loreley NYC said:

Hi how everyone is doing? Mine was done 9th February, just starting my week 4. I had my first follow up, some of my meds were changed but so far they found I am recovering ok. How about you?

I had my sleeve on the 8th and have been doing well this last week. The only medication I have an issue with is the multivitamin/horse pill 🤣

I had sleeve done on Feb. 22nd. Almost 2 weeks postop now. I am doing really well. I've lost 15 lbs. as of today :) I am over the full liquids though. I go to the dr on Wed for follow up and pray I can move on to soft foods.

I am doing great. Started pureed/soft foods and everything seems to go down smoothly. The refried Beans dish is soon good! I really didn't think that was going to be my favorite so far! I'm craving blue raspberry sushi. Any recipes?

On 2/9/2023 at 6:19 AM, Quetta89 said:

Hey just found this app my VSG surgery is 3/1 can't wait. What should I do leading up to my surgery date? My doctor said I'm at the perfect weight I don't need a liquid diet before surgery. Any advice?

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using BariatricPal mobile app

That's cool! I would still practice eating like you would after surgery. Chew foods 22 times, don't drink with meals, drink fluids an hour after meals or 30 minutes before meals. 3oz lean Protein, 1/2 cup veggies or fruit, light dressings, eat protein first. 3 meals a day. Practice getting your protein and fluids in. I find it hard after surgery so far, but working hard on it every day

On 3/3/2023 at 9:24 AM, Victoria_Faith said:

I found that gatorade zero with Protein, and the Premier Protein clear drinks are a nice change from the Protein Shakes. They aren't bitter, and when I serve them over ice and let the ice melt a bit it waters it down a little and it tastes like juice.

Where do you get the clear premiere Protein Drinks? I got the proteinh2o . It's not bad. I'm going to drink it more. I think I need to keep it cold instead of just drinking it as is.

I am 2 weeks post op (sleeved 2/23/23). Overall doing well, but I get sharp cramps on my left side, mostly if I take too many sips to close, and also closer to the center, I guess heart burn, but didn't have an issue with that before. Anyone else with that issue?

Surgery is April 12, 2023 anyone have that same date or close too it