Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

I am bored, let's talk.

😀😀

How is everyone doing? In general, with pre-op goals, post op? Anything?

Anyone around Baltimore, MD?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to far from you, I'm in red lion up Shrewsbury way. All is good, started a new job that I really like other than the hours. Not losing weight as fast as I should but I'll get there. Made it to wonderland for a day. How's things on your end?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in pre-op still. I don't officially start pre-op until 6/1, but have essentially been eating similar to the post-op meal plan for the last two weeks. I'm down about 17lbs. I'd love to lose another 20-30 before surgery, but it's hot as snot here and makes working out miserable. (Florida)

How are you doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dasper said:

Not to far from you, I'm in red lion up Shrewsbury way. All is good, started a new job that I really like other than the hours. Not losing weight as fast as I should but I'll get there. Made it to wonderland for a day. How's things on your end?

Yea, PA is pretty close. Depending on the part. Glad you are digging your new job! That is always a plus.

Congrats on making it one onederland, even if just for a day!!! That still means you are super close.

I am doing well, happily surprised at my ease of this surgery and the process so far! I seem to be loosing weight quick (my surgeon and nutritionist agree) but I am not trying to get accustomed to it because it will eventually slow down. I just have a lot to loose so it is moving quicker for now. I am for now, just enjoying the ride!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, acopas said:

I'm in pre-op still. I don't officially start pre-op until 6/1, but have essentially been eating similar to the post-op meal plan for the last two weeks. I'm down about 17lbs. I'd love to lose another 20-30 before surgery, but it's hot as snot here and makes working out miserable. (Florida)

How are you doing?

That's awesome!! Great job!

I did the same thing, at my very first nutritionist apt (which was in the very beginning of my process, 5 months before surgery) I was given an allowed calorie range to try to stick too. Nothing drastic. Mine was 2000-2200 a day (6ft tall) so I started that day tracking all my foods and just making slightly better decisions. I lost 24 lbs pre-op! I was pumped. Then lost another 12 lbs on my pre-op diet!

Been raining a lot here so haven't been able to ride my bike. I haven't really started "working out" yet. It is boring. I want to start boxersize again. It is fun and gives you a hella workout. I just need to DO IT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, oldandtired said:

I've never taken the temperature of snot...

😂

I have never taken my own temperature. Either my mother as a child, or at a doctor's appointment. I have never even owned a thermometer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, oldandtired said:

I've never taken the temperature of snot...

😂

LOL... For what it's worth, that made me wonder where the saying came from (other than my grandpa), and it is ill advised to look it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, acopas said:

LOL... For what it's worth, that made me wonder where the saying came from (other than my grandpa), and it is ill advised to look it up.

Of course, NOW that makes me have to look it up--- 😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yucky day here...I'm in Southern Maryland just below Annapolis so you have yucky weather as well. I will have to time my walk today between rain showers or go to the gym but I find I burn more calories when walking outside instead of on a treadmill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Flab-U-Less Forever said:

yucky day here...I'm in Southern Maryland just below Annapolis so you have yucky weather as well. I will have to time my walk today between rain showers or go to the gym but I find I burn more calories when walking outside instead of on a treadmill.

Yea, rain rain rain!

Interesting about the difference in calories. Maybe because it is not perfectly smooth terrain? Even though it may be minimal, your feet and body are still making constant tiny adjustments that you may not even notice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, oldandtired said:

Of course, NOW that makes me have to look it up--- 😂😂

Did you really look it up? I’m curious where it came from. I’ve never heard it before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes... I think also that you actually have to do all the work propelling your body where with a treadmill the "ground" moves under you. I just had my sons plant some plants for me on mother's day so the rain is good for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, Flab-U-Less Forever said:

Yes... I think also that you actually have to do all the work propelling your body where with a treadmill the "ground" moves under you. I just had my sons plant some plants for me on mother's day so the rain is good for that.

We are trying to grow sunflowers, we will see. Epic fail last year. haha

I should specify, in a big flower pot because... concrete city life.

Edited by kcuster83

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, kcuster83 said:

We are trying to grow sunflowers, we will see. Epic fail last year. haha

Ugh, I am trying to grow an orchid and I bet I have failed way more than you. Good news is if you save your receipt Walmart will exchange it. This policy may bankrupt them if they get too many people like me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Debbie Nichols

      No plans for surgery 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • amazingmimi

      I feel like I've finally gotten past the biggest hurdle. Surgery date is September 6th, the day after Labor Day, and yesterday I got my insurance approval letter. I've followed everything they've told me to do, and I've even lost 30 lbs on my own since hubby had to change his diet for diabetes. No worries now about having to do 4 weeks of the liver shrinking diet instead of 2. On my initial visit, if I had gained just 5lbs I would have had to do 4 weeks. It's getting closer. Just 2 more months to wait.
      · 1 reply
      1. NmMd

        Although the prep work took energy, I found the biggest hurdle was post-operative. The first 48 hrs were extremely uncomfortable. I did an overnight and trying to down the liquids, Tylenol, and especially the barium was rough. Thankfully though, I got away with only having to have 1 belly injection after surgery. Needless are not my thing.

    • Grace1234

      I am brand new to this my surgery is tentative for July 27 depending on insurance and I'll be have the Gastric Sleeve.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Pepper1

      I am looking for people to connect with that are 4-5 years out. Many of the support sights I go to are all newbies. And while I enjoyed that when i first had my surgery and found it useful, I am looking to exchange ideas with folks that are out a few years. I am slowly gaining weight back and losing my excitement. I don't want that!
      · 1 reply
      1. SleeverSk

        Maybe post in the forums. It's a more active areaI have noticed no one replies to status updates

    • SuziDavis

      I have a surgery date! I am getting sleeved on 8/17/2022!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×