Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am quitting smoking

I start me 3 month Chantax tomorrow. Wish me luck! I've been a smoker for a out 4 years now habitually. I have smoked periodically for 24 years. I am excited about quitting. Anyone else out there?

Good luck to you Julie!!!!

I quit 4 years ago so I can relate! I had smoked for 12 years.

I'm excited for you :) I know it's tough but you can do it!!!!!

Good luck Julie.

I'm stopping today - only got 3 ciggies left then that's it. My partner smokes too and to be honest we got a fright when we checked the bank account - we're near the overdraft limit and have to give up because we just can't afford it anymore. We've been trying to give up for months but now it just has to be done.

We have Patches and the inhalator to fall back on but will try to go cold turkey - want to get the nicotine out of our systems as soon as possible.

I'm worried about putting weight on though - heard so many people say that's the downside - will just have to try and be extra good.

Take care,

Yvonne

x

Try Accupuncture. It Worked For Me Right Away, And I Never Had A Craving. It Was A Miracle. I Had Tried Everything Before With No Success, Now It Has Been 13 Years Since I Last Smoked.

Thanks for the tip. My insurance covers it too. I started the Chantix today. I have to smoke for a week then stop. So by next Saturday I'll be done. I am looking forward to it. My only concern is that my husband still smokes so the sensation will still be there.

I have heard great things about Chantix. My husband was on it for a short time, but I don't think he REALLY wanted to quit. He is going on it again at the start of the new year. You can do it! keep us posted.

Good Luck! I quit then cheated on and off for a few months. Then late June, I got tired of my own bullshit...and quit for good. One piece of advice: never tell yourself, I am gonna have just one. There is no such thing as one ciggy. I smoked 25 years, and am so glad I quit. I can do great workouts now, cardio is easier each day.

Good luck...stay strong! You deserve to quit! Reach out if you need support...tons of us have gone through it!

xoxo

I quit 5 months ago using Chantix. I NEVER thought I could quit.....smoked for 22 yrs, 2+ pks a day. I quit after the first 2 weeks on it, and like Pamela said didn't allow my self "just one", thats where I failed so many times before. The smell of smoke actually burns my nose and makes me sick now, THANK GOD!!!! Good luck and keep us posted on how your doing.

Thank you all for your inspiration. I am day 2 on Chantix. I quit in 5 more days. I am looking forward to it! Goal this year and quit smoking!

Hi Julie

YOU CAN DO IT

I quit smoking in April of this year. I had smoked for 11 years, but on and off for about 25 years. I see that you have lost a lot of weight. Losing that much weight is a billion times harder than quitting smoking. It is gonna be a cinch.

What worked for me was OTC sleeping pills: I went to bed around 7:00pm for the first 4 days just to get over the hump. I never smoked in my house only in the garage, so the first week I went out to the garage and had a sugar free popsicle.

Congratulations on your decision.

Congrats! This is one of the best things you can do for your health! (in addition to the great things you've done with your weight!)

wooo!

I've never been a smoker, but both my parents passed away from lung cancer...so I hope I don't offend when I say that I am so proud of you for taking this HUGE difficult step towards a healthy future. I'm happy for you and will say a quick prayer that the road is as easy and short as possible.

What a terrific post to read...I am thrilled for you!!!

Rain

My clinic doesn't band smokers. They have to quit at least 6 mos. before they even concider it. Thank heavebs I quit about 20 years ago....maybe more. I remember the grieving I did for a few days. Felt like I lost my best friend but after I got through the first few weeks it was such a relief and I felt so free and in control of my life!

Hi Guys, just wanted to give you an update. I am on day 3 of the Chantix. It has me quitting for good next Saturday. So far, I am way down on the smoking just 3 days into the medication. I am really looking forward to quitting now. Thanks for the posts.