Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2022 Surgery Buddies

On 5/16/2022 at 11:40 AM, Chrissy214 said:

Hello,

I am now 8 weeks out from my gastric bypass surgery. I am 53lbs down and am finally getting some energy back. I did have a lot of set backs following my surgery and spent 2 weeks in the hospital most of which was in ICU. I am able to eat regular foods now but still don’t have much of an appetite. I don’t tolerate meats very well and I crave fresh fruits and vegetables which are sometimes hard to tolerate as well. I find I only like ice Water and herbal tea. I can no longer drink coffee and I used to drink coffee all day everyday. I no longer crave sweets either. I’m amazed at how much my tastes have changed. Has anyone else experienced changes like these?

Chrissy,

Same here with the coffee!! Thought I was going to really miss it but it doesn't even taste good. I am 3 weeks out and down 26 lbs. I am sorry about your complications. I cant imagine since I have had none and I am still so weak and tired, no energy at all! I am 66 years old so it may take a bit I guess. My blood pressure has dropped significantly and could be part of the problem. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Regina

On 05/19/2022 at 02:16, RKnight said:

Chrissy,

Same here with the coffee!! Thought I was going to really miss it but it doesn't even taste good. I am 3 weeks out and down 26 lbs. I am sorry about your complications. I cant imagine since I have had none and I am still so weak and tired, no energy at all! I am 66 years old so it may take a bit I guess. My blood pressure has dropped significantly and could be part of the problem. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Regina

Hi, Regina: congratulations on your progress. My surgery date is 6:8 for a bypass and hernia repair. I’m 67 years old and hbp is an issue of mine. Your comment about the fatigue, and the coffee interested me as we are close in age, and I can’t imagine myself not liking coffee. 😖
I hope your strength returns and you continue to improve.

Yes, just click on the "Quote" tab, and then reply to that thread. I hope that helped

8 hours ago, RKnight said:

Chrissy,

Regina

Good morning; yes, your taste buds will change. You will start to have weird cravings, then, they'll dissipate. The most important thing to do is keep moving. The more you walk, the better your surgery will be.

16 hours ago, RKnight said:

Chrissy,

Regina

Chrissy,

Regina

Chrissy,

Regina

Chrissy

if you don’t mind me asking, what happened that put you in ICU

On 5/19/2022 at 5:47 AM, Mariann812 said:

Hi, Regina: congratulations on your progress. My surgery date is 6:8 for a bypass and hernia repair. I’m 67 years old and hbp is an issue of mine. Your comment about the fatigue, and the coffee interested me as we are close in age, and I can’t imagine myself not liking coffee. 😖
I hope your strength returns and you continue to improve.

Thank you Mariann. I am feeling alittle better. The dietitian changed a couple of things for me.

I believe I am missing my favorite coffee creamer with sugar in my coffee! I have tired a sugarfree Creamer but I dont care for it.

Good luck to you on your surgery in June. I hope all goes well. Let me know how it goes.

Hi had my bypass April 29. Still in the soft food phase . Having hard time getting Protein in .

4 minutes ago, LeslieAmes said:

Hi had my bypass April 29. Still in the soft food phase . Having hard time getting Protein in .

Same here Leslie. I had mine on the 13th and still don’t feel like I can possibly eat enough to get the Protein or calories suggested. But it does get a little easier everyday! Just getting burned out of what I can eat 😝 Missing some foods for sure!!!!

On 05/25/2022 at 15:59, Jen83Atl said:

Same here Leslie. I had mine on the 13th and still don’t feel like I can possibly eat enough to get the Protein or calories suggested. But it does get a little easier everyday! Just getting burned out of what I can eat 😝 Missing some foods for sure!!!!

I’m getting my Protein in but and also struggling with the variety. I’m 7 weeks out and also struggling with Water. I’m just not hungry or thirsty…

Good morning everyone; praying all is well with you. I wanted to share something with all of you; Yesterday, my wife and I took our grandson out to lunch. I ordered a burger (not fast-food) and shake.... after eating the food that I shared with everyone, I only had half; I began to have that "dumping feeling". i had the sweats and headache. So yes, after 13 years since the surgery, I still have to watch what I eat. This new life is lifetime.

2 minutes ago, Pastor Tracy said:

Good morning everyone; praying all is well with you. I wanted to share something with all of you; Yesterday, my wife and I took our grandson out to lunch. I ordered a burger (not fast-food) and shake.... after eating the food that I shared with everyone, I only had half; I began to have that "dumping feeling". i had the sweats and headache. So yes, after 13 years since the surgery, I still have to watch what I eat. This new life is lifetime.

Oh my 😳

Hope your feeling ok?

And thank you for sharing this as it gives us something to be mindfull of.

Hi everyone, I hope you are all well. I had a question - I am 8 weeks post op and for the past two weeks I don't feel like eating at all. I have to remind myself. Previously I was ravenous. I also noticed that I am tried when I previously wasn't. I manage to hit my daily Protein targets through shakes. I am having all my supplements. I am struggling with Water and food. Has / is anyone else gone / going through this?

7 minutes ago, Love&Light said:

Hi everyone, I hope you are all well. I had a question - I am 8 weeks post op and for the past two weeks I don't feel like eating at all. I have to remind myself. Previously I was ravenous. I also noticed that I am tried when I previously wasn't. I manage to hit my daily Protein targets through shakes. I am having all my supplements. I am struggling with Water and food. Has / is anyone else gone / going through this?

I struggle with this also. We went to Legoland for my daughters birthday weekend and passed out!! I've since tried much harder to hydrate #1 and #2 eat something, even just a few bites, even when I'm not hungry.