Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

American Idol '08

smatyas

I absolutely LOVED Jason Castro tonight, he was my favorite tonight :redface:

I have always been a huge Brooke fan, but for the past few weeks, she hasn't done well at all. She is picking the wrong songs and she needs to get back to her roots and use the guitar and piano. Unfortunately, she is fading. I think her "true" style is similar to that of Colbie Caillat. There voices aren't alike, but I think that style of music would really suit Brooke.

Kristy Lee Cook did really good tonight. Although she has not been one of my favorites, she sang one of my favorite songs and she did an awesome job. Maybe her attitude will be better this week because it has been really sucking.

I thought Carly did horrible tonight. I've never been a big fan of hers but she has had some really good performances. But as far as tonight, I didn't like it at all.

I actually thought Syesha did a really good job. She's usually really boring to me but I thought she did the best she has ever done tonight. Good for her.

What was David Cook thinking? I wanted to reach through the TV and thump his head! That was not a good song choice IMO. His is still my favorite, but he really messed it up tonight.

Michael Johns did okay but he has done soooo much better in the past. I think he picked the wrong song.

I thought David Archuletta did an okay job too. I wasn't jumping out of my chair or anything, but he did okay. I thought he sounded very nervous in the beginning because his voice was shaky but by the middle he shook it off. I'm still not feeling him though.

I pretty much agree with all you have to say! I HATE Kristy, I want her OFF!!!! But she did do pretty good, I hate country music too so I'm probably a little biased, I had never heard the song she sang and I probably never will lol, but it definately finally suited her.

All the people who are normally the "good ones" sucked last night! I used to love Brooke but with every episode she gets harder and harder to watch. She is starting to look like she is choking when she sings, its getting painful! I loved her but I think America is over her.

Carly was awful, I thought she was gonna jump out of the screen and start ripping my eyes out or something, scary!! lol.

I actually really liked Michael Johns. I've always though he was hot but have been kinda, whatever, about his singing. Maybe its just cause I love that song but I think he totally pulled it off.

Jason was great, I'm sick of David A. David C. was a joke last night. I felt like I was at a really bad christian rock concert or something lol. Syesha was good but I've always hated that song, I think its kinda cheesy and just a spin off of the song they wrote for Kelly Clarkson when she won, check out the lyrics they are like, the same....

All I know is that now I have no idea whose gonna win and who I want to win.... watch it be Kristy, DAMN YOU KRISTY!!!!

:rolleyes:

I still have a huge crush on Jason Castro. And now he goes and sings one of my favorite songs EVER with a cute little ukelele, and those killer baby blues, and I'm all a-quiver...

I had it dvr'd, so I actually ended up fast forwarding through almost everyone else's performance. I wasn't really impressed by anyone else this week. And David C's give back ploy was totally cheesy. Blech.

David C. is getting too big for his britches, Simon needs to take him down a notch or two. Give back written on his hand?? PUH-LEESE...who does he think he is??

David A., still loving him. He gave me goosebumps. I thought he was fantastic.

Jason Castro, well, one word, HOT! Both him and the song!

David C. is getting too big for his britches, Simon needs to take him down a notch or two. Give back written on his hand?? PUH-LEESE...who does he think he is??

David A., still loving him. He gave me goosebumps. I thought he was fantastic.

Jason Castro, well, one word, HOT! Both him and the song!

Ahhh hahaha oh jeeze I totally forgot about that whole stupid thing. He's confusing himself with another pompous, I'm the next Jesus Christ celebrity asshole who fronts U2... hahahha

Heart is on Idol gives back! Doesn't Ann have a lap-band? And HAHA I was just talking about Bono before I knew he was actually going to be ON Idol.... I'm good hahahaha

I thought I had heard Ann has a lapband, I remember she was smaller for a while, but it looks like she is struggling again now and gained back. So sad. Battling weight is a difficult struggle for everyone.

I thought I had heard Ann has a lapband, I remember she was smaller for a while, but it looks like she is struggling again now and gained back. So sad. Battling weight is a difficult struggle for everyone.

Yeah in the Banded Celebrities thread someone said that she had to have it removed.

Ugh everytime they show these clips of all these kids I start tearing up again! :thumbup:

Alright someone needs to drag me away from this thread... lol. Hahaha Rob Schnieder "I though Bono had enough money to solve all the problems in Africa, but apparently he only had half"

Oh Rob Schnieder

I liked Jason's version of that song.. but I heard the same version on that movie 50 First Dates. I think it plays at the end of the movie and its a great version..

Tuesday night was rather boring to me. Nobody really stood out like they usually do. Kristy Lee Cook was actually good.. and I dislike her.. usually she's boring and irritating...

Did somebody get kicked off last night??

I liked Jason's version of that song.. but I heard the same version on that movie 50 First Dates. I think it plays at the end of the movie and its a great version..

Tuesday night was rather boring to me. Nobody really stood out like they usually do. Kristy Lee Cook was actually good.. and I dislike her.. usually she's boring and irritating...

Did somebody get kicked off last night??

No, the results show is tonight. All they did last night was the Idol Gives Back crap which really got on my nerves after a while.

RE: Jason Castro's song...I KNEW I'd heard that version of that song before, but I couldn't figure out where from! He did say whose version it was, but I can't remember. He didn't try to present it as an original arrangement. Like David C did with one of his songs early on.... The judges thought it was OH so original....and it was actually a cover of an Incubus version of the song. Can't even remember the song now...

No, the results show is tonight. All they did last night was the Idol Gives Back crap which really got on my nerves after a while.

Yeah, I had to switch that Idol Gives back thing off during Miley Cyrus's song .. her and Billy Crystal's little back and forth thing got old and irritating then she sang this song that I've never heard before and she was running all over the stage being irritating.. I dunno. I just couldn't get into it. Oh, and then that whole Bono/aids lady thing made me cry and it's about to be my TOM and I just couldn't watch anymore... It's like, "lets make you cry and then make you listen to Miley Cyrus perform a stupid teenie bopper song"... No thanks. lol

I can see why the kids like Mylie Cyrus. She has waaaay more confidence than any normal 15 year old. When we were that age, the kids who had the most self-confidence were the ones who always were admired the most by the rest of us self-conscious slobs.

I had to get up and leave during the show last night. I especially hated it when Daughtry said "... they need YOUR help" over and over, instead of they need OUR help. I mean, that just seemed like he was doing the show because it was required of him, not because he cared or wanted to.

Some of it was gut-wrenching, some of it was gratuitous. I didn't like the Mylie C./Billy Crystal exchange either. I mean everyone knows they are aware of each other and it just seemed stupid and like a big waste of time.

Tonight should be interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if Brooke is voted off and Kristie Lee stays. I would prefer Syesha leaving to Brooke leaving, but Brooke has been pretty disappointing up until Tuesday night, when I thought she was goodf again.

Kristie Lee was given a lot of camera time last night and her voice sounded good. She has been looking so pretty, it makes me think they have decided to invest more in her than Brooke.

Btw, on Larry King the other night when the Idol judges were on, they all agreed that Syesha is more like a movie star than a singing star. That's what I've thought all along too! Those genuises!

I didn't like the Mylie C./Billy Crystal exchange either. I mean everyone knows they are aware of each other and it just seemed stupid and like a big waste of time.

I thought it was cute. I was watching with my 9 yr old son and of course he knows who Miley is but had no clue who Billy was. There are probably some parents/people that watch the show who know who Billy is but have no clue who or what Miley has done. Anyway, I thought it was clever!

I haven't read ahead yet so forgive me if it's already been posted but, that song was also on Scrubs 100th episode entitled "My Way Home", which Zach Braff directed. Obviously I'm a fan of Scrubs! ;)

MissyGordon: That's a good point about the kids vs. the adults and who they're familiar with. But I was talking about the fact that Mylie and Billy are well aware of each other and in that way it seemed a little "too" cute for me. I'm not easily amused, I guess. On the other hand, it's a good thing they don't depend on me for funny or meaningful dialogue on TV shows. I'm sure I'd write something even less entertaining. ;)