Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting nekkid with someone new

As some of you know, I've been through a recent-ish divorce. After my plastic surgery in Jan my husband got weird, angry, super insecure and borderline abusive. I've started dating again and have met a really nice guy. I have disclosed to him about my WLS but not PS yet. Although my loose skin on my belly and arms is gone and my breasts are perky again, my thighs still show the evidence of my significant weight loss. Plus I've got all my PS scars.

I've been seeing this guy for about a month. He is super sweet, funny, smart, and supportive. I'm having him over for dinner tonight at my place for the first time, and I imagine things are likely to progress to where he may be seeing said loose skin and scars. I'm so nervous! I'm for sure worried about rejection, about his reaction, etc. Any guidance for me? I'm totally confident and feel awesome fully dressed but am super nervous about being on full view by someone new for the first time in many, many years.

Candlelight is your friend.

@kristieshannon ! I've missed you!

Sigh. The one single thing I miss from being married for decades is DATING! Lol, there is nothing funner than going on dates with someone new who want nothing but to impress you! (Don't get me wrong, I love me my Mr., but I do remember dating to be FUN TIMES)

My initial reaction would be just to go full-disclosure with Mr. New, and if he is a d**k about it, then you can thank yourself for dodging a bullet.

BUT...since that provides absolutely no help whatsoever in practice...may I suggest crotch-less pantyhose? Keeps everything in place and firm-looking yet still provides the necessary "access". I'm not talking about regular stockings with a garter...personally I find my own "looseness" in that area to just ooze over the top of them like a thigh-version of a muffin top. I'm thinking more along the lines of the item in the pic below. 😉

I hope you have a FABULOUS time!

1167753189_ScreenShot2021-09-14at12_55_46PM.thumb.png.6b4592c79a039507b7a83208f956ae4f.png

Edited by ms.sss

Ha ha ha! Actually, just be yourself. Most men have dad bellies and man boobs. If you are yourself he will feel better about being himself. If he’s not nice, kick him to the curb, or better yet make him dress up in the outfit above.

On 09/14/2021 at 09:59, ms.sss said:

@kristieshannon ! I've missed you!

Sigh. The one single thing I miss from being married for decades is DATING! Lol, there is nothing funner than going on dates with someone new who want nothing but to impress you! (Don't get me wrong, I love me my Mr., but I do remember dating to be FUN TIMES)

My initial reaction would be just to go full-disclosure with Mr. New, and if he is a d**k about it, then you can thank yourself for dodging a bullet.

BUT...since that provides absolutely no help whatsoever in practice...may I suggest crotch-less pantyhose? Keeps everything in place and firm-looking yet still provides the necessary "access". I'm not talking about regular stockings with a garter...personally I find my own "looseness" in that area to just ooze over the top of them like a thigh-version of a muffin top. I'm thinking more along the lines of the item in the pic below. 😉

I hope you have a FABULOUS time!

1167753189_ScreenShot2021-09-14at12_55_46PM.thumb.png.6b4592c79a039507b7a83208f956ae4f.png

Ooohhh…I like those! Great idea! Dating is fun :)

My understanding has always been that most men are happy enough to be engaged in activities with a naked lady that they aren't nitpicking the details! I understand your concern but you've already prepped him and should be fine with a little low lighting. Good luck!

Congratulations on moving on! You deserve happiness! My opinion is that most men of a mature age will understand what you have been through and if they are lucky enough to be with a beautiful woman nekked, they can overlook a few scars or loose skin. He probably has things he hopes you won't notice too! Since it's morning now-I hope you had a great time!

On 09/15/2021 at 02:23, Lynnlovesthebeach said:

Congratulations on moving on! You deserve happiness! My opinion is that most men of a mature age will understand what you have been through and if they are lucky enough to be with a beautiful woman nekked, they can overlook a few scars or loose skin. He probably has things he hopes you won't notice too! Since it's morning now-I hope you had a great time!

I’ll just say I had a wonderful time and my worries were for nothing ❤️

20 hours ago, learn2cook said:

Ha ha ha! Actually, just be yourself. Most men have dad bellies and man boobs. If you are yourself he will feel better about being himself. If he’s not nice, kick him to the curb, or better yet make him dress up in the outfit above.

@learn2cook I love my hairy man boobs 🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm glad it went well... I'm hoping I can date without needing PS because after the pain I had from the sleeve... I hope to avoid having to go under the knife again if at all possible. I have a semi-ex-boyfriend, but I'd like to trade up to a *real* relationship at some point in the future. I like dating, but I don't like the saxy time. Not because I'm embarrassed about my body, it just doesn't work for me. I keep hoping that will change...